Big Tech Twits Get Dumber and Corrupter!

Zorral

It's probably only allowing you a certain amount of feed refreshes/individual tweet views or something else like that for a given interval and you're exceeding that. Something like "you can only load 30 tweets per minute". It's obviously a new limitation, probably to prop up failing infrastructure - it's not just you getting it.

32 minutes ago, karaddin said:

It's probably only allowing you a certain amount of feed refreshes/individual tweet views or something else like that for a given interval and you're exceeding that. Something like "you can only load 30 tweets per minute". It's obviously a new limitation, probably to prop up failing infrastructure - it's not just you getting it.

That will kill Twitter.  It hasn’t let me update my feed for 45 minutes.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

33 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Maybe to force people to pay for Twitter blue?

14 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

It is. Hell blame the woman though

Considering all the moves of the last 36 hours will basically ensure Twitter's fast and sudden death, I'm still wondering a bit, because it smells like sabotage. I'm not sure Musk would just like to burn 44 bio of investment like that, which is why I wonder if he's that delusional. Well, he probably is, but such a lack of common sense and business acumen would be tremendous in one of the 2-3 wealthiest dudes around. Though it's still possible - unlike SpaceX, where Musk can fuck around as much as he can and still get basically bailed out, Twitter is not a piece of end-level military-grade technology that the Pentagon (or CIA) would pay for.

I was watching Iron Man 2 while channel surfing the other night (I know, I still subscribe to shitty monopolistic cable, I'm old) and Musk had a cameo and I made an audible noise of disgust. Phlegm rose in my gorge. That cameo is aging out like Trump in Home Alone 2.

41 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I was watching Iron Man 2 while channel surfing the other night (I know, I still subscribe to shitty monopolistic cable, I'm old) and Musk had a cameo and I made an audible noise of disgust. Phlegm rose in my gorge. That cameo is aging out like Trump in Home Alone 2.

Be glad it was not an entire Simpsons Episode with him as guest star. That has aged about as well as ty's reprressed childhood memories of the Neverland ranch.

The number of twits forwarded to me by friends and others of what I must see -- including Partner -- has markedly decreased. Not a single one yesterday.  And of course I couldn't see them anyway as I have no account.  I could nitter, I suppose, but ugh, so much work, and then I forget to look anyway.

3 hours ago, karaddin said:

According to Musk, it's deliberate, 6000 posts viewable a day for blue subscribers and 600 to non-subscribers.

No way they did that on purpose. Like I believe they were planning a feature of that description, sure, hence the 'rate limited' message. But no chance they turned it on, with that limited a viewcount, on purpose.

Well...

...when Musk took over and various Twitter offices stopped paying basic bills (like rent),  made a prediction:

Musk would run Twitter into dire peril, appoint a flunky as nominal CEO, then bail. A few months later, Twitter goes belly-up and the flunky takes the blame.

I dunno...maybe that is kind of sort of what we are looking at?