Football: Squeaky Bum Time

polishgenius

16 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Anybody checked in on Spocky and Raja and the rest? 

It was my birthday yesterday, and my sister (the rich one who lives in Geneva) got me a hospitality package - dinner before the match and seats in the club level. Never been up there before. It is lush.

I was thinking it was the greatest birthday present I ever received. Until the game started. Jesus.

I did have a tenner on Theo anytime scorer, though. My brother said I put the bok on us. But there ain't no such think as the bok. 

6 hours ago, Raja said:

Golf & F1, only sports that matter

There a two suppositions in it.

1.Golf and F1 are sports

2.Those do matter

I reject both claims.

Golf most certainly is not a sport. Whether driving a car real fast in circles is, that is another discussion. But I only need to reject one claim as false.

2.Golf most certainly doesn't. F1 was kinda useful as a test lab for innovations (likesay ABS).

11 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

"Golf is a good walk spoiled."

Not even that. As they drive in those silly little buggies around.

30 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

It was my birthday yesterday, and my sister (the rich one who lives in Geneva) got me a hospitality package - dinner before the match and seats in the club level. Never been up there before. It is lush.

I was thinking it was the greatest birthday present I ever received. Until the game started. Jesus.

I did have a tenner on Theo anytime scorer, though. My brother said I put the bok on us. But there ain't no such think as the bok. 

My dad got me tickets for the back to back cup finals late 90s against arsenal and man utd for my birthdays. We were fucking dismal. Wanker.  

35 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Also, Happy Birthday. (belated).

10 hours ago, Raja said:

Golf & F1, only sports that matter

I can't remember who said: "Rock climbing, bull fighting and race car driving are the only sports, the rest are games". Sounds a bit Hemingwayish to me, so it might be him.

On the matter of football, Liverpool players were taking a piss on defense today. Letting Forest level the score twice really was something. Lucky to win all three points.

In non-major news.

Mainz have won the German u19 Championship. They faced Dortmund in the final and won 4-2. Mainz won it once before, their coach back then was a certain Thomas Tuchel.

There was a free live stream on the net. Alas, I choose to watch Ding-Nepomniatchi instead. Since Ding played one of my openings, I was fine with my choice.

Ah, talking about Mainz. If I were an EPL club looking for a new manager (likesay Spurs), I'd give Bo Svensson some serious consideration, if he can be convinced to take another over at another club.

Ffs.

ETA: I mean, come on. They’ve got a tough run in so it’s probably not happening but beat Newcastle here and it’s close to being in their own hands making fourth. This is just embarrassing.

Edited by ljkeane