Football: Squeaky Bum Time

polishgenius

16 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

What do you reckon that will cost them, £200,000?

Isn't the price of away tickets capped? Last I remember, away ticket prices were capped at £30. According to a quick Google search, the away end at St James' has around 3,000 seats.

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Let me translate that for you:  "We hate the supporters of our teams, and also we enjoy seeing jet-lagged players glump around the field."

Logistically it’d probably be fine if they played it on the east coast of the US to be fair. It’s easier for fans/teams from Western Europe to get to say, New York, than to Baku. The time difference isn’t too bad either. It’s just the nakedly mercenary act of taking a ‘European’ final to the US in the hope of more American money that stands out.

4 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Logistically it’d probably be fine if they played it on the east coast of the US to be fair. It’s easier for fans/teams from Western Europe to get to say, New York, than to Baku. The time difference isn’t too bad either. It’s just the nakedly mercenary act of taking a ‘European’ final to the US in the hope of more American money that stands out.

On the one hand, I agree with you on all points.

On the other hand, Baku doesn't come to mind immediately when I think of the history of amazing European nights or famous Big Cup performances any more than New York.

Europa League final in Baku: Far from the pitch and a long way from home - the surreal final - BBC Sport

Ah, that was another cash grab, too.

Edited by Wilbur
cash

16 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It sounds like it is entirely one way traffic, Arsenal need to pull themselves together, a draw gives them a chance, lose and its all over. 

Only chance is a win.  City aren't going to lose (or draw) any of the rest of their games.

And realistically, they aren't going to lose this one either, unfortunately.

Edited by Whiskeyjack

15 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Only chance is a win.  City aren't going to lose (or draw) any of the rest of their games.

And realistically, they aren't going to lose this one either, unfortunately.

Mad stat, over their last 10 games of each season since Pep took over, they average 2.44 points a game, they know how to bring home the bacon.