Football: Squeaky Bum Time

polishgenius

In other news.

The atmosphere in the Bayern locker room must be interesting...

There are reports, that Mane hit Sane in the locker room after the City game.

It all apparently started on the pitch after misunderstanding. Sane had the ball, Sane's idea was apparently 1-2 and so he played a short pass instead of a through ball and complained afterwards that Mane was not moving towards him. Mane's idea was to make a run.

Mane apparently didn't like the way Sane was talking to him, and that dispute dragged on into the locker room, where he then hit Sane. The other players then apparently had to step in to seperate the two of them. Sane was then asked to wait outside as that was the only way to calm the situation.

And no, Mane has not enjoyed a particularly great campaign at Bayern thus far. He was not terrible by any means, but for a marque signing he was distinctively underwhelming.

Tuchel's been there like two weeks and the dressing room is already falling apart. Brilliant. 

In other news, Napoli will miss two players for the second leg coz the ref is crap - Kim Min-Jae because the ref booked him for basically being mad for a second or two, non-threateningly or aggressively as far as I saw, and Anguissa who got a second yellow for this bullshit

Like I understand why some of these get given even though I'd be more lenient, but that's barely even high. And he won the ball. 

9 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Etihad. They already played the league game at the Emirates which City won. That gives City a slight advantage but Arsenal have been very good this season and this would be a game they don't have to win. If they get a point then I expect Arsenal will go on and win the league.

I was looking at the schedule this morning and this to me is right. If Arsenal manages a draw at Ethiad, then they can draw one more time (at St Mary's) and still win the league if they win every other game and City wins all of their remaining games (93 pts to 92 pts). If they lose to City, they'll have to win out and City will have to drop points.

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

I was looking at the schedule this morning and this to me is right. If Arsenal manages a draw at Ethiad, then they can draw one more time (at St Mary's) and still win the league if they win every other game and City wins all of their remaining games (93 pts to 92 pts). If they lose to City, they'll have to win out and City will have to drop points.

You think they're more likely to drop points at Southampton than Newcastle? 

On 4/11/2023 at 11:07 PM, Daemon the Leaner said:

he's excellent most of the times, including big games

he has some brain farts though but that's really not enough to claim he's no good defender

He's a good player, but I've always rated Konate above him. Whenever I watched Leipzig playing, Konate looked like the better player to me so I've never quite understood why Upamecano was the one getting all the hype. I said it at the time that Liverpool got the better CB and for a lower fee.

Bayern have confirmed that Mane will be fined and he will also not be part of the squad for the game against Hoffenheim.

Edited by Consigliere