Star Wars: The Wrong Trousers

polishgenius

19 hours ago, Werthead said:

Seeing Captain Pellaeon in live-action 32 years after his appearance in Heir to the Empire is way more exciting than it should be (especially as we have no idea if TV Pellaeon is going to be as interesting as his book counterpart).

"Let them try."

39 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I didn't recognise Xander Berkley at all, despite seeing him in many, many shows and movies over the years.

Same, I had to check that he was indeed that douchy guy from I think season 2 of 24. 

20 hours ago, Werthead said:

Amusingly, Hux is played by Brian Gleeson, Domhall Gleeson's brother.

Funny... I just thought it was Domhall with a beard.  :lol: 

25 minutes ago, mormont said:

Somebody's spying for him. It would make some sense if it's the Armourer. Axe is the other obvious option.

I think Armorer is the most likely candidate. They weren't there when they got trapped by Gideon's forces - they went back to help bury the survivors. They were the ones who encouraged Bo-Katan to do this whole 'unite the Mandalorians' thing. They were the ones saying that Mandalore was poisoned. They have pointy spikes on their helmet like Gideon does. 

They can go another way I suppose, sure, but I don't think this show is that clever.

4 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

I think Armorer is the most likely candidate. They weren't there when they got trapped by Gideon's forces - they went back to help bury the survivors. They were the ones who encouraged Bo-Katan to do this whole 'unite the Mandalorians' thing. They were the ones saying that Mandalore was poisoned. They have pointy spikes on their helmet like Gideon does. 

They can go another way I suppose, sure, but I don't think this show is that clever.

I wondered about the Armorer.  I also wondered about the injured Mandalorian survivors.  :dunno: 

Speaking of the survivors living on Mandalore for all these years, glad to see Star Wars continues the long standing tradition of enormous mega fauna living in places that have no rational means of being able to support them ecologically.  :lol: 

Yeah, definitely could not recognize Xander Berkeley at all in that appearance - while definitely DID assume the elder Hux was some Gleeson.

The Armorer and Axe are definitely key candidates to be the spy.  Also, you know, perhaps some of the surviving Mandalorians that came and delivered them into the ambush.  Seems quite possible at least some of them were aware Gideon had an entire secret lair with a fleet on their planet.

Anyway, definitely the best episode of the season, even if it is strikingly repetitive (this IS still Star Wars).  And I don't care, absolutely loved Grogu becoming Daniel Bryan.

I had the same feeling about the Amorer, when she was flying to take the survivors back I kept expecting her to fly into a battle and know it was happening.  The thing is that some of her crew was killed in this trap including their main warrior with the automatic blaster. IIRC there were also survivors trapped in there, the ones who were well enough to travel so did either of them sacrifice their own people?  It's weird that Bo told her story of surrendering to Gideon and being betrayed to the Armorer and Survivors right before this attack happens.

If the Armorer is a spy for Gideon who manipulated the Mandalorians to bring them all together to be destroyed like Gideon expresses to Bo, it would make sense... as Imperial plots go. Palpatine attempted the same with the rebels by allowing their fleet to amass and attack the second DS. I'm sure it will work just as well for Gideon.

46 minutes ago, sifth said:

So if Gideon has a spy in the Mandalorian ranks, why does he act shocked when he finds out the Mandalorian tribes were uniting, during his Legion of Doom meeting, at the start of the episode, lol

Didn't he get that info from the spy on Coruscant who just conveniently met with an Imperial probe droid in a back alley?

48 minutes ago, sifth said:

So if Gideon has a spy in the Mandalorian ranks, why does he act shocked when he finds out the Mandalorian tribes were uniting, during his Legion of Doom meeting, at the start of the episode, lol

Good point.

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Didn't he get that info from the spy on Coruscant who just conveniently met with an Imperial probe droid in a back alley?

Yes, but he wasn't aware what the Mandalorians had done until the Coruscant spy told him.

2 hours ago, sifth said:

Yea, I had the same issue with the Armorer being a spy.  Plus don’t we see her killing a whole bunch of Stormtroopers in the last episode of Season 1?

6 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Plus don’t we see her killing a whole bunch of Stormtroopers in the last episode of Season 1?

Yeah, that came to mind for me as well.  I suppose it's plausible she was turned after that event though.  Immediately after, even, considering it forced her covert from Navarro.

3 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

Yea, I had the same issue with the Armorer being a spy.  Plus don’t we see her killing a whole bunch of Stormtroopers in the last episode of Season 1?

Pfft everyone does that in the Empire. That was just to blow off steam.