Star Wars: The Wrong Trousers

polishgenius

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view difference of perspecive.

You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view difference of perspecive indifference.

Fixed it for you! :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about the upcoming Ahsoka show and wondering who was the composer. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahsoka_(TV_series)

It's Kevin Kiner. Hell yes, fully deserved after all those years doing the score for the animated shows and his work has become more impressive in recent years.

Also, Dave Filoni is credited as sole writer.

Edited by Corvinus85

https://wdwnt.com/2023/05/breaking-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-closing-permanently-in-september/ 

Looks like Disney is closing down the Star Wars hotel after just one year. Not surprising, considering it's about $6000 for a family of 4 to go for two nights (part of which is just going on an "excursion" to the Star Wars land in Hollywood studios).

While it's absolutely a cool experience (I've friend who went using vacation points), even a nerd like me would never consider paying that. I took my family to Italy for that last Spring. 

I absolutely love the whole Jabba Palace/Sarlac scenes, but yeah, I'm still not sure what plan A would look like...

Leia: I freed Han an successfully escaped without detection!

Lando: (on comlink) So I can leave now?

Luke: Yes, just rescue Chewie and Threepio and Artoo on your way out.

Lando: (on comlink) I think there's some static here. Leia just had to rescue Han and I have to rescue three? Can't we just leave the droids?

The Falcon: No. Because I know how much you love droids...

Personally I think Luke's plan was generally good, not to mention that it was a more creative way of attempting a rescue mission than the standard small team shoots their way through enemy base. Luke got his partners to infiltrate the palace one by one (or two). Leia may have done her own thing in attempting to rescue Han herself and Luke probably didn't know that Jabba had a Rancor. But no plan survives first contact, right?

Luke's plan was so good it just seems bad because it's way ahead of its time.

Also didn't the theory that they made the lightsaber green to contrast with the sky turn out to be false? I think Lucas said they did it to show that Luke was going a separate way from his father.

Edited by Darryk

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

Also didn't the theory that they made the lightsaber green to contrast with the sky turn out to be false? I think Lucas said they did it to show that Luke was going a separate way from his father.

Plotwise?  Probably, 30 years later but no it was changed to better contrast the desert. You can see the blue lightsaber in the trailers.

2 hours ago, Darryk said:

Sounds like Lucas rewriting history again

• 4 weeks later...

Whelp, I finally finished Mandolorian season 3...and it was mostly tied into a bow to move on from the character if they want, at least the show. Easy enough to have have Mando and Grogu show up on the next show...

It was...not terrible...but not awesome either...

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

This really is going to be Rebels season 5, isn’t it.

Yes? I thought that's what they already said. 

https://ew.com/tv/ahsoka-star-wars-rebels-season-5-dave-filoni/

"That's an interesting question," Filoni replied. "I suppose that's one way of looking at it, because of the epilogue that I did in Rebels. Definitely all signs are indicating that there's a continuation."

10 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

We don’t actually see her use the Force in the trailer, and we already know she can use a lightsaber

I suppose Ahsoka only trained her in combat techniques. There was one shot in the trailer that made me think Sabine was trying to use the Force.