Star Wars: The Wrong Trousers

polishgenius

50 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Congrats to Andor for getting nominated for Best Series at the Emmys.

Obi-Wa getting a nom for best Limited Series is a head-scratching decision.

I didn’t particularly like Obi wan but it was much better than Andor. The character itself is much stronger and I liked his chemistry with Leia and the moments with Anakin. 

1 minute ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I didn’t particularly like Obi wan but it was much better than Andor. The character itself is much stronger and I liked his chemistry with Leia and the moments with Anakin. 

Also Obi Wan had much better chase sequences and stealth scenes..

Oh wait are we not being sarcastic?

6 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Jar jar >>>>> Rose 

also it’s better to try something new than give us the same thing over and over again.  

Try something new, but don't give us a character like Rose instead of another Jar Jar... lol

You're weird, man.

28 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Jar jar >>>>> Rose 

also it’s better to try something new than give us the same thing over and over again.  

Have you seen me defending the Sequel series?  The Prequels and Sequels… are just poor films.

28 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

You haven’t finished the first season.  You have no idea how good Andor actually is.  Obi Wan had a few good scenes but was overall… bad.

Just now, polishgenius said:

Not a big Han Solo fan then?

What ? Leia was totally into him. Unlike Finn who seemed to be more into Poe or Rey than Rose. But Disney didn’t have the balls to go full LGBT with a main character or show a black man kiss a  white girl. The lack of romance in the sequels made these films feel so sterile. 

3 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

What ? Leia was totally into him.

Sure, it turns out.

But their first kiss is one of those scenes sadly common in older movies (it's a whole thing with Harrison Ford) where men ignoring women telling them no is proven to be romantic. She almost elbowed him in the face like thirty seconds earlier. I'm not saying it should get the whole movie torn down or anything but it's pretty eww by modern standards and certainly by the standards you're judging Rose on. 

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

Sure, it turns out.

But their first kiss is one of those scenes sadly common in older movies (it's a whole thing with Harrison Ford) where men ignoring women telling them no is proven to be romantic. She almost elbowed him in the face like thirty seconds earlier. I'm not saying it should get the whole movie torn down or anything but it's pretty eww by modern standards and certainly by the standards you're judging Rose on. 

But Finn didn’t fall in love with Rose eventually either , he just gave her a pat on the back in the next move and seemed to be more into Rey. So what was the ultimate point of the kiss if Finn wasn’t even affected by it and seemed more put off by it than anything else ,unlike Leia who is shown to have enjoyed the kiss and eventually confesses her love to Han ?  That’s why it comes across as creepy on Rose’s part… 

13 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Sure, it turns out.

Yeah but that’s modern standards, there’s a whole different conversation about that. 

1 minute ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

But Finn didn’t fall in love with Rose eventually either , he just gave her a pat on the back in the next move

I mean, that's really a whole other conversation revolving around the, frankly disgraceful, creative decisions on TROS to roll back pretty much everything the loud-mouthed racists and general small-minded bigots complained about on TLOJ, one of which included just completely burying Rose. It also included sidelining Finn tbh- he may have been more into Rey, but any arc between the pair was buried too, and pretty much any arc he had. 

But no, a creepy kiss in which one character clearly says no but the other character forces it anyway does not become uncreepy just because the writers then decide she wanted it after all. It's a horrible trope and I hate it. 

Anyway my point really is more this: I can see why someone would have a problem with the way the Rose-Finn kiss is played, but having a problem with kissing coz there was no consent but not with kissing despite repeated vocal and physical rejection is a honking great double standard. 

15 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

But no, a creepy kiss in which one character clearly says no but the other character forces it anyway does not become uncreepy just because the writers then decide she wanted it after all. It's a horrible trope and I hate it. 

Seems like that trope does quite good business in your Jackie Collins type books, so someone seems to be liking it. 

Either way, I suggest watching the Hoth scene again, if that is what you are referring to, as it’s two people with history, clearly into each other. Not sure that could be said about Finn and Rose.

Just now, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Exactly,3 years have passed by with Han and Leia and her attraction towards him is shown right from the start of Empire.Rose meets Finn in the same film in which she tries to make her move…on the basis of nothing. 

The whole point of that Hoth scene is that they are arguing, but her attraction to him is completely obvious from the get go. Plus you have to watch her actions not her words in that scene.