NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

On 4/16/2023 at 1:10 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

Damn, Snyder will clear just shy of $5 billion in profit from this sale.

"Considering all the personal money he invested, Snyder spent around $1.1 billion to gain complete control of the Washington Commanders. Hence, he is set to make an estimated 545 percent profit margin or approximately $4.9 billion from his investments once the sale is finalized."

As you were boys. 

Just now, dbunting said:

They are reporting Hurts deal is done, just north of 250 for 5 years w 180+/- guaranteed.  

The details are going to be interesting because reports are saying of that 180, 110m is fully guaranteed at signing and 125m total in year 2. Rest are likely roster bonuses guaranteed at beginning of seasons. For example, Mahomes only got 63m fully guaranteed at signing but 140m total guarantees and Allen got 100m at signing, 150m total.

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Seems like he got what Lamar turned down, more or less, based on reporting. Good for him.

Half the player on twice the team. At this rate Lamar will be making 100 mil a year with just a Lil more patience. 

A rare miss from Howie, The Guy, Roseman. 

Not that Hurtz isn't good. He's real good. 

But the team is better than the QB in Philly

Not so in Bal tee more 

OR

I've been wrong this whole time and collusion is too powerful for such beautiful, pure, notions as free markets setting free values on free talents. 

But capitalism is pure! It would never betray itself to... to... coercion 

Would it?

All that aside, Idk. Whatever man. 

The Colts should offer #4 and their two this year for Lamar. To remain valid until there's five minutes left on that picks clock. 

WHY? 

It's not really about Lamar. 

The Colts haven't been this interesting: 

Re: Interesting at all 

Since they drafted Luck. 

I remember when they traded down for the guard pick at six. 

First commercial was when they went on the clock. The pick was in by the time commercial ended. I don't think I've heard of the Colts on the TV machine since - could be wrong 

Whatever 

So just string this out for the interest if nothing else. 

Take your favorite LT at 15 or whatever after you trade down. 

Roll into the season with Minshew as your starter. Play this game with Lamar again next year. 

This is a freak show horseflesh auction of human dignities. I'M not the one who turned it into a cottage industry or didn't leave your stupider squads without an instruction manual on how-to-not-be-the-boringest-team-in-the-fucking-league 

Entertain me or begone 

Any questions? 

I mean its all moot anyway because the reffing is terrible and the rulebook is a joke but I was trying to just talk about the Colts for a while

Am I being good? :drool:

3 hours ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

Half the player on twice the team. At this rate Lamar will be making 100 mil a year with just a Lil more patience. 

Half the player is harsh, but I would be more nervous paying him than Lamar. Like you said, less proven with way more talent around him. 

Still, I'd pay him, because what other option is there?

Burrow just got so much more expensive. Again, sign these types of players quickly because yesterday's price isn't tomorrow's.

I wouldn't pay much. Maybe this years 1st since it's in the back half of the draft? You have already lost two of his cheap/marginal cost years and still don't know what you have in him. I could see Minne being willing to take a gamble on him though.

40 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I wouldn't pay much. Maybe this years 1st since it's in the back half of the draft? You have already lost two of his cheap/marginal cost years and still don't know what you have in him. I could see Minne being willing to take a gamble on him though.

I'd be shocked if they could get a first for him, and that's in part why I don't think they'll do it. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Interesting. I wonder what the cost would be.

It is very amusing that, according to the internet, the Niners are apparently simultaneously trying to acquire the Vikings QB and trade their own QB to the Vikings.  But these two things are somehow not related as far as I can tell.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

It is very amusing that, according to the internet, the Niners are apparently simultaneously trying to acquire the Vikings QB and trade their own QB to the Vikings.  But these two things are somehow not related as far as I can tell.

I feel pretty confident that Kirk will not be a Niner next year. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Probably not, but it wouldn't shock me if they asked about him. I just don't know how a trade, and not just with them, could even work out. 

Oh yeah, I have no trouble believing they and many other teams have asked about him.  Thing is, that's not really news until all of a sudden it is when the draft approaches.

43 minutes ago, DMC said:

Oh yeah, I have no trouble believing they and many other teams have asked about him.  Thing is, that's not really news until all of a sudden it is when the draft approaches.

Totally. I was just curious what people thought it might take to get him. Personally I wouldn't trade him at all unless they got a stupid offer if for nothing else than you guys need depth after the last few years and he's still cheap. I can live with selling low after buying high and admitting I was wrong, but the Niners have had a black cat in their building as of late. Not Chargers bad, but still pretty awful, not that I need to tell you.

Edited by Tywin et al.

Jets are finalizing trade for Aaron Rodgers. Jets get: Aaron Rodgers, pick No. 15, a 2023 5th-rd pick (No. 170). Packers get: Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-rd pick (No. 42), a 6th-rd pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 2nd-rd pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65 percent of the plays.

Pissed they have to give up next year's first.

54 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Jets are finalizing trade for Aaron Rodgers. Jets get: Aaron Rodgers, pick No. 15, a 2023 5th-rd pick (No. 170). Packers get: Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-rd pick (No. 42), a 6th-rd pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 2nd-rd pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65 percent of the plays.

Pissed they have to give up next year's first.

That's the cost of relevancy. Overall it's still a good move even if the price tag might sting a bit.