NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

Hmm...haven't we seen this "Packers QB to the NYJets" movie before?

Yes, I know many of the details are different.  I'm just amused by the broader similarities.  Especially the fact that the Packers were happy to move on from Favre because they had Rodgers waiting and, now, they're happy to move on from Rodgers because they have Love waiting.  Rodgers experiencing being in both positions is...interesting to me;)

Just now, DMC said:

The script is on track for him to move on to the Vikings next year when Cousins' contract expires.

That would completely blow my mind and, so, I would love to see it!  Just for the strangeness factor.  I wonder if Rodgers' ego can allow him, in a private moment when looking himself in the mirror, to acknowledge that he now knows exactly how old man Favre felt?  It's all just so weird!  

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's the cost of relevancy. Overall it's still a good move even if the price tag might sting a bit.

I saw an analysis that it is the equivalent of a high second this year and a 2nd or 1st next year.  I would have preferred if it was a second next year or some sort of guarantee around playing time in year 2 as well. 

I loved the reaction of NFL live when Adam Schefter said for the 13th pick.  They didn't think there was going to be a pick swap this year and were all so shocked.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

I saw an analysis that it is the equivalent of a high second this year and a 2nd or 1st next year.  I would have preferred if it was a second next year or some sort of guarantee around playing time in year 2 as well. 

Eh, if everything goes well it will be a late first. If the Jets didn't make the deal the second would likely be pretty high. The variance in drafting position is probably only 15 spots. You can live with that for getting the best QB your franchise has ever had, even if it's a 1-2 year rental. 

This story on the gambling sites taking Will Levis off the board is proper bonkers.

So apparently yesterday, someone on Reddit (with no history to make one think he has any information) made a post that Levis has been telling friends and family that he is going first overall to the Panthers.  The money started coming in so quickly to the sports books that they took the option off the board entirely.

All based on someone that likely has as much inside information as Tywin.  :dunno: 

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

This story on the gambling sites taking Will Levis off the board is proper bonkers.

So apparently yesterday, someone on Reddit (with no history to make one think he has any information) made a post that Levis has been telling friends and family that he is going first overall to the Panthers.  The money started coming in so quickly to the sports books that they took the option off the board entirely.

All based on someone that likely has as much inside information as Tywin.  :dunno: 

Just trying to drive up the hype to get better odds on other QBs, muhahaha. 

Seriously though, if he goes first the Panthers are nuts. He's probably not even a first round talent. 

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just trying to drive up the hype to get better odds on other QBs, muhahaha. 

Seriously though, if he goes first the Panthers are nuts. He's probably not even a first round talent. 

Blasphemy! He is 4th on Kipers final rankings! Who the hell is Mel Kipers anyway?

BTW am I the only one who has their social media feed full of clips from Draft Day?  I want my picks back, all of them!!!! 

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, if everything goes well it will be a late first. If the Jets didn't make the deal the second would likely be pretty high. The variance in drafting position is probably only 15 spots. You can live with that for getting the best QB your franchise has ever had, even if it's a 1-2 year rental. 

Eh.  Rodgers is in a better situation now than he, but if you want to make a bet for more total fantasy points next year, 4pt passing TDs, you'd have to consider Geno at plus 150 or so.  That man can cook, and still has things to prove.  AAron is probably just going to cook more mushroom shit, if that's how you prepare that.

Geno Smith is one good year away from being the best quarterback the Jets ever drafted in the NFL.  I'm a Chad Pennington fan but still...

7 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Eh.  Rodgers is in a better situation now than he, but if you want to make a bet for more total fantasy points next year, 4pt passing TDs, you'd have to consider Geno at plus 150 or so.  That man can cook, and still has things to prove.  AAron is probably just going to cook more mushroom shit, if that's how you prepare that.

Geno Smith is one good year away from being the best quarterback the Jets ever drafted in the NFL.  I'm a Chad Pennington fan but still...

I'm out on Rodgers for FF next year unless he's just sitting there. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm out on Rodgers for FF next year unless he's just sitting there. 

I'm out of Experts and have Burrow and Tua in dynasty.  But where would you put him in a redraft league?  Somewhere around 10 to 12?  He could totally ball out, and also he could totally have a bad year just randomly, and could have a bad year because he bangs Zachs mom just as a power move, and then shit goes sideways.

Just now, mcbigski said:

I'm out of Experts and have Burrow and Tua in dynasty.  But where would you put him in a redraft league?  Somewhere around QB 10 to 12, or even lower?  Good skill players with him.  He could totally ball out, and also he could totally have a bad year just randomly, and could have a bad year because he bangs Zachs mom just as a power move, and then shit goes sideways.

9 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I'm out of Experts and have Burrow and Tua in dynasty.  But where would you put him in a redraft league?  Somewhere around 10 to 12?  He could totally ball out, and also he could totally have a bad year just randomly, and could have a bad year because he bangs Zachs mom just as a power move, and then shit goes sideways.

8-12, just depends on when you can get him and/or for how much. 

On 4/25/2023 at 12:03 AM, Prince of the North said:

That would completely blow my mind and, so, I would love to see it!  Just for the strangeness factor.  I wonder if Rodgers' ego can allow him, in a private moment when looking himself in the mirror, to acknowledge that he now knows exactly how old man Favre felt?  It's all just so weird!  

I'm sure Rodgers' ego is such that he is absolutely sure his journey is totally different from Favre's and he's much more justified etc. But then he may be right because it apparently doesn't take much to behave better than Bret Favre.

Edited by DanteGabriel

13 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I always thought he had what it took to work out and then he gets sucker punched in the locker room and is done.  I kind of hoped he could have come back instead of Rodgers, but Oh Well.