NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

I think Witherspoon was Detroits pick and since he was gone they decided to move back. I don't understand taking Gibbs at 12 though considering their def blows.  They did get the 2nd pick in 2nd rd in the move so now they have 3 in 2nd.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nah, Rodgers often looks like he's 39 going on 50. 

Well shit.  I look like I'm 50 going on 50 so apparently I've got the height and he has the bank roll.  I might also have a higher sanity.  AAron did seek out the Jets...

Odd pick, but okay. Would have preferred the best CB or Levis.

8 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Well shit.  I look like I'm 50 going on 50 so apparently I've got the height and he has the bank roll.  I might also have a higher sanity.  AAron did seek out the Jets...

You and Rodgers having a weird position take off would be comedy gold.

Edited by Tywin et al.

59 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Odd pick, but okay. Would have preferred the best CB or Levis.

You and Rodgers having a weird position take off would be comedy gold.

Mine was a Cthulu role playing reference.  Your parse yoda last couldnt sentence.

3 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Mine was a Cthulu role playing reference.  Your parse yoda last couldnt sentence.

Like I said, it would be pure comedy gold. We should give you both shrooms beforehand. 

So no one traded on the back end to get Levis. -107 had to be a factor @Rhom.

@Secretary of Eumenes  So what's the take on Richardson?  One of the guys in my golf league is a Colts fan.  I said they should take him if available.  He didn't want him.  

Seems like Cam but a bit taller faster and stronger.  No idea sartorially.  

To me, that's a super high variance pick.  If it's right, you're golden.  If it's wrong, you'll get another top 5 soon enough.  As long as the pick maker is around 3 years from now either way, take a chance make it happen, as the old Foxwoods jingle used to sing.

Florida fans were demanding to see Richardson play in 2021.  They talked about how dominant he would be for 2022.  He looked great against Utah in week one, then UK put the shackles on him in week 2.  He never played all that well again.

It’s funny that the Colts took the one QB that Levis legitimately outplayed. :lol: 

BigSki is kinda right, he’s got all the talent in the world… but to take him, you had to disregard every bit of tape he put out there in college.  

In RE Tywin and the rushing numbers, rumors say that the NFL was scared off by the toe injury this year.  Levis says it’s fine, but apparently it was enough of a concern to cause some to back off.  :dunno: 

Have to agree with Jace. I was intrigued by the prospect, but you cannot take him that high. Last year the Titans took Willis, who some projected as a first round pick, in the third round, because that's where you're suppose to look at project QBs with obvious flaws. I would have been fine if he was there and the Vikes took him at 23, but fourth? That's a monster gamble.

Edited by Tywin et al.

I should have put money on someone trading up to get an OT instead of the Jets.  For months they had them taking Broderick Jones even though he wasn't ranked near the top 15 in prospects.  They talk about how they love him.  Then they trade from 13-15 and now are behind the Pats.  I just knew someone would go into 14 and take Jones.  I almost hoped they then took Smith-Njiba since thats who everyone thought the Pats wanted.  I really wanteed them to take Nolan Smith there.  Hopefully McDonald is good.  I guess they go for best OL in the 2nd round.

2 minutes ago, grozeng said:

I should have put money on someone trading up to get an OT instead of the Jets.  For months they had them taking Broderick Jones even though he wasn't ranked near the top 15 in prospects.  They talk about how they love him.  Then they trade from 13-15 and now are behind the Pats.  I just knew someone would go into 14 and take Jones.  I almost hoped they then took Smith-Njiba since thats who everyone thought the Pats wanted.  I really wanteed them to take Nolan Smith there.  Hopefully McDonald is good.  I guess they go for best OL in the 2nd round.

You know, I read that part of Belichick's motivation to trade back was to allow the Steelers to pick the OT the Jets wanted, but I didn't realize the Jets had put themselves into that position in the first place.

22 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

You know, I read that part of Belichick's motivation to trade back was to allow the Steelers to pick the OT the Jets wanted, but I didn't realize the Jets had put themselves into that position in the first place.

As soon as they went from 13 to 15 I told my co-worker that the Pats were going to trade down now.  That and he Packers were going to take who the Jets wanted.  In my universe, GB took Skoronski and the Pats traded with someone who took Jones and then the Jets took a WR, which they don't really need.  So, one of my predictions came true.

So @Rhom any favorites as we wait for the Niners to make 3 of the last 4 picks tonight?  I have certain prospects, but in terms of needs I think I'd go Safety, Edge, TE, OT, CB.  That's kinda conditioned on who I like that's still likely to be around - if the prognosticators are in any way accurate, they should have a good chance to pick up a solid safety for the future.  Whereas with OT, I'm not sure any are gonna be available by the time they pick.  Obviously there's trade up opportunities, especially with 11 picks, but that's where I'd put things at now.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

So @Rhom any favorites as we wait for the Niners to make 3 of the last 4 picks tonight?  I have certain prospects, but in terms of needs I think I'd go Safety, Edge, TE, OT, CB.  That's kinda conditioned on who I like that's still likely to be around - if the prognosticators are in any way accurate, they should have a good chance to pick up a solid safety for the future.  Whereas with OT, I'm not sure any are gonna be available by the time they pick.  Obviously there's trade up opportunities, especially with 11 picks, but that's where I'd put things at now.

I agree.  I think there’s value to be had in the safety and TE positions there.  The CBs and OTs are at a premium.  Would need to find a diamond in the rough.  

The TE from Iowa just got taken, I had hoped he would slide to the third round.

Otherwise, I think some OLine depth would be a focus for me.

9 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Here in the Detroit area it was said that Bellichek wanted Gibbs and when Detroit took him they decided to move back. Bill O'Brien was his coach at Alabama and the story being fed is that Gibbs to NE was a sure thing.