NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

On 6/23/2023 at 3:48 PM, Secretary of Eumenes said:

The Colts should trade a few whatevers for Dalvin Cook, make Minn eat some of that contract so they can pay Taylor a fair but responsible wage. 

Then let Minshew have the lead. C'mon, go full Power-I with it baby. 

You bought a wildcat, tame it before you unleash this new kid y'know?"?? 

Seriously?  Healthy Cook is probably better than Taylor but no one is going to expect the Indy air raid next year.  Why pay anything for cook with the current roster?

7 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Huh?  What is this in response to?

I think he's just asking to do betting because he's a gambling addict and needs something. 

So...Jerry Jones is secretly Tom Brady's lover - bet or nah?

9 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Ok, if you had to choose between taking a trio of Chiefs/Bills/Bengals or the other 29 teams to win the Super Bowl, who would you take? 

Common sense says take the 29 vs the 3, but... I'd probably take the 3.  Those three teams have very little change from last year whereas Philly lost a lot on defense and who knows about SF quarterbacks. Dallas is gonna Dallas and the Lions are the favorites in the North so..

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Common sense says take the 29 vs the 3, but... I'd probably take the 3.  Those three teams have very little change from last year whereas Philly lost a lot on defense and who knows about SF quarterbacks. Dallas is gonna Dallas and the Lions are the favorites in the North so..

That's about where I'm at too.  I could be wrong, but IMO the gap between the AFC and NFC has never been wider.  I totally expect Philly to regress.  SF's qb situation is a mess and relying on being vastly more talented at non-qb positions is really tough.  And after those two it's like a wasteland.  Dallas is probably third, but that team has holes and I'm not really sure I trust thier top end talent either.  Detroit probably makes the playoffs, but you really think they could beat any of those three AFC teams in the owl?  I don't.

The other AFC teams is a real challenge I admit.  Could a team like the jets or chargers or jags or ravens put it together?  Absolutely.  If any of those teams were in the NFC I'd seriously consider taking them to win the conference.  But I'm taking the the most complete teams with the QBs I really trust.  Is it enough that I'd take them over the other 29?  I don't know.  

There is a small group of classic and good NFL uniforms, and then there are the rest.

Good ones:  Colts, Raiders, Steelers, Niners, Eagles, Lions, Dallas, Saints, Green Bay.

And just to be clear, I am not including the "Color Rush" or whatever third uniforms have been worn in recent years, which look very bush league.

Best Helmet:  Saints (Steelers, Niners)

Best Uniform:  San Francisco (Lions, Raiders)

Best Throwbacks:  Steelers Bumblebees

Steelers all blacks with yellow numbers are nice. Bumblebee uniform is horrible and I never want to see it again. The traditional uni is classic. 

The Ravens all black is fierce. 

The Bengals are typically hideous. Black and Orange is a shit combo, and it looks even dumber when you have a tiger stripe on it.

I think my favorite classics are Chiefs and Packers. 

Honorable mention to the combos that the Seahawks and Titans produce.