NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

He can still use “NFL QB” on his MILF hunting resume.

Be gentle on the young man. When all your friends want to sleep with your mom of course he wanted to sleep with one of her friends. It's science. 

Who among us didn't have a friend or acquaintances mom growing up that we didn't think about???? I know I did.  He just pulled the trigger, would've been a legend if he did it in HS and not as a Pro. As a pro it seems a little desperate and weird. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wouldn't be shocked if it was all true, supposedly he has known for years. I saw a clip filmed yesterday with RJ Toughy (think he was with Pat Mcafee?) that said Oher knew years ago and he even has family group text messages from 3-4 years ago saying, if you pay me XXX I won't go public.  Also, he just happened to have a book get released on the same day this news broke.  That said I am easily willing to believe that he got screwed in this whole deal. 

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Wouldn't be shocked if it was all true, supposedly he has known for years. I saw a clip filmed yesterday with RJ Toughy (think he was with Pat Mcafee?) that said Oher knew years ago and he even has family group text messages from 3-4 years ago saying, if you pay me XXX I won't go public.  Also, he just happened to have a book get released on the same day this news broke.  That said I am easily willing to believe that he got screwed in this whole deal. 

It's pretty fucked up to sell this kind of lie and grift. Again with the assumption it's true. I had always heard the real life story was not what was in the movie (which I've never seen), but this makes the myth look horrible.

And poor Sandy B (okay I only say that because I've had a crush on that vampire since I was a kid).

I'm not 100% sure, but this does seem like it might have been a bad idea:

Breeland was pulled over by police Monday driving a Mercedes-Benz SUV, which was found to be reported stolen in Florida, according to the reports. Multiple guns were found, including two AK-47s and two AR-15s, and police discovered 5.45 pounds of marijuana and 62 grams of illegal mushrooms, the reports said.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38164053/ex-nfl-cb-breeland-faces-stolen-car-gun-charges-traffic-stop

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm not 100% sure, but this does seem like it might have been a bad idea:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38164053/ex-nfl-cb-breeland-faces-stolen-car-gun-charges-traffic-stop

Ya know, setting aside the drugs (because, hey the man has a thirst), or the weapons (cus 'mercia fuck yeah rednecks can have all they want), but why does he roll around in a stolen car when he's made over $10 million and reportedly worth still $5 million? 

31 minutes ago, horangi said:

Ya know, setting aside the drugs (because, hey the man has a thirst), or the weapons (cus 'mercia fuck yeah rednecks can have all they want), but why does he roll around in a stolen car when he's made over $10 million and reportedly worth still $5 million? 

It's all so dumb. I've talked about selling drugs here before, but have said I was always advised to never keep enough on you that could trigger much harsher charges and never ever have a gun with you if you had to transport anything, let alone large amounts. I'd be worried to move some weight in a car with an iffy tire. To do all of that in a stolen car, it's just insane. Buddy is going away for a long time. 

Also, why do you need two AKs and two AR-15s with the suggestion being there were other guns as well? If you're gonna be gun happy, do it smartly and have a 9mm, a sawed off shotgun and one military style rifle. The only time it made sense to have more was in Tremors.  

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's all so dumb. I've talked about selling drugs here before, but have said I was always advised to never keep enough on you that could trigger much harsher charges and never ever have a gun with you if you had to transport anything, let alone large amounts. I'd be worried to move some weight in a car with an iffy tire. To do all of that in a stolen car, it's just insane. Buddy is going away for a long time. 

Also, why do you need two AKs and two AR-15s with the suggestion being there were other guns as well? If you're gonna be gun happy, do it smartly and have a 9mm, a sawed off shotgun and one military style rifle. The only time it made sense to have more was in Tremors.  

The guns were likely being sold also. After all even Rambo could only accurately fire two assault rifles at a time.

47 minutes ago, dbunting said:

The guns were likely being sold also. After all even Rambo could only accurately fire two assault rifles at a time.

That's even dumber than selling shrooms.

And Rambo wasn't accurate so much as he was strong enough to double arm spray and pray. 

Breeland was in Washington for 4 years back when I was a fan of that team, and I don't ever remember him getting into any trouble, or seeming like a bad dude.  He was a 4th round pick and by all accounts he worked hard to become a starter.  I remember being disappointed when he left in free agency. 

I can't help but wonder if head injuries played a factor here.  We'll probably never know.  Maybe he's just terrible with money and started getting into trouble as soon as he was outside the structure of NFL training.  But it is a shame that a young man who should have been set for life (along with the rest of his family) instead is going to be spending decades in prison. 

Hey @Mexal, back in February you said:

Anyway, I'm super happy that the Bengals managed to keep the entire coaching staff together for a 5th consecutive year and with 45m in cap space, this is the year they should go all in. Will they? Probably not but they should.

Did they load up?  How are you feeling about this year?

25 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

With Snyder gone, it is possible, but thus far, no. 

Watch them start the season 4-2 and see what happens. :P

They aren't going to win the division, but they should be pretty good if Howell plays well. I wouldn't be shocked if they're a WC team. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Hey @Mexal, back in February you said:

Did they load up?  How are you feeling about this year?

Nah, they didn't load up. They made some smart signings (Nick Scott, Irv Smith Jr) and one out of left field big signing in Orlando Brown Jr. At the same time, they made some massive re-signings of both young linebackers in Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson and added another year for Trey Hendrickson. And ultimately they'll extend Burrow. Is that enough to become a SB champ? Maybe.

The reality is the Bengals weren't that far off. They lost on a last second field goal after a stupid penalty (which after watching all of the dick sucking of Mahomes jump passing out of bounds, that penalty should be legal) with an OL that had lost their RT, RG and LT in each of the last 3 games of the season. Their OL will be better this year with Brown at LT and Williams at RT. Burrow, Chase and Higgins will have another year of development. Offensive scheme will evolve even further in the direction it changed to post week 5 and all of the coaching staff is the same, bringing a level of continuity to offense and defense which will be critical. 

The big question marks are two fold. 1) Can the Bengals find a running game in a predominantly shotgun offense? 2) Will the young kids on defense take a positive step in their development? If both of those things happen (the 2nd more likely than the first), Bengals will be a tough team to beat. I'm incredibly hopeful but I also know that the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens and Chargers have all improved with the Jets, Steelers, Browns and Jags chomping at our heals. The key will be keeping Burrow upright and healthy. If they do that, think we can and will beat just about everyone.