WWWatching

TheLastWolf

I had to backtrack to Ted Lasso when I discovered I had accidentally skipped the episode where they tie pieces of strings to each other's 

Spoiler

genitalia

as a way to train themselves in a new football philosophy. 

This was probably the worst episode of the entire series. It's really sad how this show is mismanaged in its final season. The core workplace comedy parts about the football team still work exceedingly well, but all the ancillary stuff is terrible (and there is just so much of it :crying:).

I also caught up with "The Wizard" the latest episode of Barry (chef's kiss). This is such a brilliant show. Truly an underrated gem! 

I feel like even if it's just for the final two episodes, this series deserves a thread of its own. So I'm going to make one.

7 hours ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

Just saw the D&D movie. Dope. Good fun. Chris Pine was fucking hilarious. I have no problem enjoying him in the Star Trek movies, all the actors in them are great, but he really shined here as Michele Rodriguez kicked ass. 

Fun movie. The whole cast was good. Would recommend.  

My wife and I had a blast with it. Just a fun movie. 

Episode 4 was a bit of a letdown for me, but I'm still onboard with Silo. I usually like quieter, more character-driven episodes, but this one felt a bit weak and for the first time, their withholding information from the viewer felt artificially drawn out, if that makes any sense.

22 hours ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

Just saw the D&D movie. Dope. Good fun. Chris Pine was fucking hilarious. I have no problem enjoying him in the Star Trek movies, all the actors in them are great, but he really shined here as Michele Rodriguez kicked ass. 

Fun movie. The whole cast was good. Would recommend.  

I almost watched this today, instead I watched Burnt with Bradley Cooper...whoops.  I don't think Burnt was a bad movie but I was on my phone almost the whole time because it just never drew me in. The one scene made no sense

Spoiler

When the "not" Michelin star guys were there and control freak chef kicks into hyperdrive and touches and tastes everything, except the one dish prepared by the guy he sabotaged. I mean, his controlling OCD alone would've made him taste it.   

2 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Episode 4 was a bit of a letdown for me, but I'm still onboard with Silo. I usually like quieter, more character-driven episodes, but this one felt a bit weak and for the first time, their withholding information from the viewer felt artificially drawn out, if that makes any sense.

There's a character in that episode that is quite antagonistic to Jules and I was like - Have we even met this person before? It could just be that I have terrible memory.

Agreed with you regarding the episode in general

Edited by Raja

Mrs. Davis's grand finale was enjoyable and wrapped it up nicely.  With the switch in Emmy category to the limited/anthology classification, suddenly there's a horse race between it and Beef, which apparently will be back with a different cast for a second season, as an anthology.  Not clear yet whether Mrs. Davis is an anthology too, but this season told a complete story and I can't imagine it actually telling other stories unless the premise is radically different.

Edited by SpaceChampion

Watched Rye Lane, a nice little low budget UK romcom about a young couple meeting in a toilet in south london. The two leads were great and it had a fun energy about it that makes me think the director will go on to make many more great movies 

It certainly had a ‘first film’ vibe though, lots of nice ideas that didn’t quite seem to totally tie together. I liked how they managed to make areas like Brixton and Peckham seem like some cutesy community from Paddington but I don’t think it leaned into it quite enough, and the wide angle lens used almost entirely during the movie made me wonder if my eyes were going.

Recommend though.

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Mrs. Davis's grand finale was enjoyable and wrapped it up nicely.  With the switch in Emmy category to the limited/anthology classification, suddenly there's a horse race between it and Beef, which apparently will be back with a different cast for a second season, as an anthology.  Not clear yet whether Mrs. Davis is an anthology too, but this season told a complete story and I can't imagine it actually telling other stories unless the premise is radically different.

Yes, Mrs. Davis was an interesting surprise this year.

12 hours ago, Raja said:

There's a character in that episode that is quite antagonistic to Jules and I was like - Have we even met this person before? It could just be that I have terrible memory.

Agreed with you regarding the episode in general

If you mean the person working for her, I think we saw her with Holsten before.

Spoiler

She was so rude I wish Juliette could have fired her!

I'm assuming cafeteria dude - Luke? - will be important later. Was he among those who witnessed the glitch when the screens went out? Maybe that's why he was there again. Well, that and for her to get another love interest, I suppose.

I've been trying to figure out what "double the flowers in front of the mirror" means...

And I still expect repair shop friend to get killed off because of the camcorder. Someone from above is listening in to the radio.

Edited by Mindwalker

I watched the latest episode of Ted Lasso, which was fortunately better than the string episode I had to revisit a couple of days ago. They did seem to make a rather drastic jump with the character of 

Spoiler

Nate

I wonder how they plan to wrap up everything in the two episodes they have left. So many plots that are still dangling in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, I also started watching the third season of The Great. So far of to a strong start, curious to see where it goes!

Edited by Veltigar

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

If you mean the person working for her, I think we saw her with Holsten before.

Reveal hidden contents

She was so rude I wish Juliette could have fired her!

I'm assuming cafeteria dude - Luke? - will be important later. Was he among those who witnessed the glitch when the screens went out? Maybe that's why he was there again. Well, that and for her to get another love interest, I suppose.

I've been trying to figure out what "double the flowers in front of the mirror" means...

And I still expect repair shop friend to get killed off because of the camcorder. Someone from above is listening in to the radio.

Yeah, I have absolutely zero recollection of her or why she's so hostile to Jules - unless it's because she's from the lower levels.

Edited by Raja

Also started The Great. Two episodes in, and it's been great. Also, so far, it has been horny as heck. The show was always raunchy, but lust seems to be on overdrive.

The second episode features Ed Stoppard (yes, Tom Stoppard's son) doing avaguely Matthew McConaughey impression (less the Texas drawl) as the American ambassador, and John Macmillan (yes, Laenor Velaryon, again in a pale wig no less) as the British ambassador. Fun and chaos ensues, though honestly, the (entirely fictional) Swedish royals took the cake for me, both of them with Sweden-shaped beauty marks on their faces and machination in their hearts.

Also, episode 1:

Spoiler

The very sudden departure of Orlo. Did not expect that, but entirely appropriate. Curious to see if they have Catherine realize he did not in fact leave court.

I was bored so I went to see Fast X. Another turd in the franchise. The only good decision the movie made was to let Jason Momoa have fun, because he tried his best to liven up this movie, while everyone else went through the same motions. Even the typical humorous banter between Gibson and Ludacris was weaker. John Cena went from the bad guy in the last movie to reprising his role as Peacemaker minus the funny helmet. But honestly I could forgive a lot of the silly stunts in the movie if there had been less reliance on obvious CGI. The movie at times simply didn't look that good. And when my disbelief simply cannot be suspended, the rest of the flaws become unbearable. And while I was aware this was a part one thing, the cliffhanger ending was ridiculous. The structure of the entire movie was poorly written.