NBA - Rochambeau Playoffs

Rhom

KD is having himself a nice little game 27/10/5 on 16 shots with great defense. He is by far having the third best game on the court. 

Jokic like a 7 foot tall angry Serbian ballet dancer with the ball. Just brilliant. But Devin Booker is now 33 for his last 41 shots?! 33! For 41! 

Amazing game and 12 minutes to play!

I dont remember ever seeing 8 NBA teams tied at 2 a piece in a quarterfinals round.

Currently were at 2 wins and 2 losses in two series, while the other two are at 2 wins and 1 loss (It could easily happen).

I havent been this excited since 2:22 and 22 seconds (pm) on 02//22/2022.:lol:

Knicks/Heat is some of the ugliest basketball seen in the last decade. Painful to watch. Knicks gave up like 8 offensive rebounds in the 4th. Deserve to lose. Sad face. 

You can’t stop Lonnie Walker. You can only hope to contain him. And golden state didn’t and now it’s 3-1. Curry had a really bad (shooting) game. 3/14 in threes in a game they lost by 3. I guess good on him driving the paint to make up for his shots not falling but it’s the 3s that make him great.

Edited by Arakasi

8 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

You can’t stop Lonnie Walker. You can only hope to contain him. And golden state didn’t and now it’s 3-1. Curry had a really bad game. 3/14 in threes in a game they lost by 3.

Have to disagree, you want Curry to keep shooting because it opens everything else up. I just don't get why so many other players on the Warriors took really quick contested threes when the game was so close. They had so much success when they moved the ball around. 

The Poole contract is getting roasted online right now and properly so. Zero points, only played 10 minutes. Wish I could do that for $30M a year.

Edited by Tywin et al.

Yeah I edited my post in it’s good that he drove to do some damage. But if he can’t shoot threes well that really hurts. Low 20% on that much volume is pretty poor. Green can’t shoot in general, Poole is up and down and Klay is also inconsistent. I think the biggest thing hurting them this year is Wiggins is not playing like he did last year where he looked like a bonifide number 2.

4 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Yeah I edited my post in it’s good that he drove to do some damage. But if he can’t shoot threes well that really hurts. Low 20% on that much volume is pretty poor. Green can’t shoot in general, Poole is up and down and Klay is also inconsistent. I think the biggest thing hurting them this year is Wiggins is not playing like he did last year where he looked like a bonifide number 2.

The threat of him shooting from anywhere is what opens up his ability to attack the rim. You have to live with Curry having off nights. It's much harder to live with all the other bad play we saw from the Warriors. They need to convert on what look like easy fast breaks, but if Curry is not a part of them they tend to look bad. Meanwhile the Lakers seem much more steady when the shots aren't falling for either side. You can never count the Warriors out until they're dead, but this just looks like a match up and lack of composure problem at this point. Lakers in six if I put money on this going forward.

14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Poole contract is getting roasted online right now and properly so. Zero points, only played 10 minutes. Wish I could do that for $30M a year.

Ben Simmons- "Hold my Latte."

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

4 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Ben Simmons- "Hold my Latte."

I wonder if the Nets actually try to nullify his contract. Idk how you'd do that and maybe you can't, but he needs to retire and every single on e of us would deserve to get fired if we acted like him.

Can't believe I thought that was a smart trade at the time. Two firsts are nice, but Harden is out here doing work even if it's all old man at the YMCA shit.

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I wonder if the Nets actually try to nullify his contract. Idk how you'd do that and maybe you can't, but he needs to retire and every single on e of us would deserve to get fired if we acted like him.

Can't believe I thought that was a smart trade at the time. Two firsts are nice, but Harden is out here doing work even if it's all old man at the YMCA shit.

If he arrived in New Jersey and failed a physical exam, the trade would be nullified.

It’s a weird space to try to talk mental health as it isn’t as cut and dry as a torn ACL… but if he showed up and failed a mental evaluation, should that not be the same?

I haven’t really thought this all the way through, just kind of spit balling the first thought to come to mind.

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

If he arrived in New Jersey and failed a physical exam, the trade would be nullified.

It’s a weird space to try to talk mental health as it isn’t as cut and dry as a torn ACL… but if he showed up and failed a mental evaluation, should that not be the same?

I haven’t really thought this all the way through, just kind of spit balling the first thought to come to mind.

Cut and dried. Simple mistake I've made often.

Simmons is a really hard test case. I do think he's suffered some mental anguish and that's affecting his ability to play, but at the same time it does appear he has zero interest to really try. Idk what you do at that point. The fairest thing to me is to suspend the contract and let it resume once he can resume, otherwise after a year it's null and void.