Football: Lamping on towards the finish line.

Not only is there nothing in Saka's track record to justify such a concern, there's nothing in Sterling's to justify using him as a negative example. It's been a consistent theme of Mail-and-friends to criticise Sterling for daring to buy nice cars or big houses or to go out for dinner after England have lost when white players have got nowhere near the same treatment. Using him here in this context is a choice, and an ugly one.

It should also be noted that as a failed football club owner, Jordan has an axe to grind against most players. Be it player welfare, the amount they earn, or in Rashford's case, that he dares to lecture the Tories on child hunger, Jordan has an awful lot to say. And none of it pleasant. 

Also, I have it on good authority (a good friend's brother, who played for Palace in the noughties) that he is just a massive, massive arsehole.

Edited by Spockydog

Transfer rumours of some interest for quite a few boarders.

Pavard's future is undecided. His contract expires in 2024. Bayern want to extend, Pavard himself is decissively undecided about that. He wants to consider his option in the summer. As I said, his contract expires next year, so if he doesn't sign a new one, he will be on the market.

Potential suitors: Inter put in a first offer in the winter window. So they might still be interested. Barca has been consistently linked as interested. Real and Manchester United have made first enquiries about his availability. Liverpool is rumored also asked about him, especially since he can play CB and FB.

In fairness he’s not on his own in this game. An impressive number of the players out there have been rubbish so far. 

ETA: Chelsea really should have conceded 4 goals in this half and they’ve probably been the better side.

Edited by ljkeane

I don't get these rumours about United signing another RB - Pavard and Frimpong. AWB has improved this season and reports are that Dalot is close to signing a new contract. Makes zero sense to sign a third RB. Midfield, CB and CF should be the priorities along with offloading players.

Edited by Consigliere

11 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I don't get these rumours about United signing another RB - Pavard and Frimpong. AWB has improved this season and reports are that Dalot is close to signing a new contract. Makes zero sense to sign a third RB. Midfield, CB and CF should be the priorities along with offloading players.

I think Pavard would be there to bolster your CB position. With Varane unable to stay healthy etc. CB is also Pavard's prefered position. The ability to also cover the RB position is probably really appealing for Liverpool.

Chelsea being dunked on by their own academy players. 

Sancho had a good game today. Admittedly, it's hard to read too much into that against a semi-professional outfit, but the more we play acknowledging that he's much more of a playmaker than he is a driving winger/forward, the more success he has. Whether we can viably play that way long-term without exposing other weaknesses, who knows, but it's nice to see. 

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

I don't get these rumours about United signing another RB

Speaking of rumours, what's to be made of the Neymar stories?

Was talking to a United supporting mate, and he doesn't want Neymar anywhere near Manchester, unless he's wearing light blue.

Not sure he'd appeal to Ten Hag...

Vinicius should pack himself and go to the Premier League!

...but then, arriving in London in a brand new Lambo, with some smoking hot woman beside him, a man approaches and knocks on the Lambo's window. Vini opens the window and looks at an extremely concerned Simon Jordan face. Simon says: "Vini, mate, when did it all go so wrong? Look at the state of you!"

9 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Speaking of rumours, what's to be made of the Neymar stories?

Was talking to a United supporting mate, and he doesn't want Neymar anywhere near Manchester, unless he's wearing light blue.

Not sure he'd appeal to Ten Hag...

I don't want him either. I don't think there's anything to those rumours though and I seriously doubt that he's part of EtH's plans. United also have FFP concerns so I expect that the budget will be spent on a midfielder and CF. Any other business we do will depend on outgoings or if we pick up a free transfer like Rabiot.

13 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Sancho had a good game today. Admittedly, it's hard to read too much into that against a semi-professional outfit, but the more we play acknowledging that he's much more of a playmaker than he is a driving winger/forward, the more success he has. Whether we can viably play that way long-term without exposing other weaknesses, who knows, but it's nice to see. 

I've mentioned this before and last night provided further evidence: Sancho plays better for us on the right wing. He was having another one of his anonymous outings until Antony had to be subbed off. He's turned into a one-trick pony when he plays on the left wing - all he wants to do is cut inside, slow down play and make backwards and sideways passes which kills the speed of any attack and he rarely looks to take on his fullback.