Football: Lamping on towards the finish line.

His hand shouldn't have been there, but you'd have to be really wanting to punish us to definitively decide that was deliberate, and the chance in question was a header on the edge of the box. 

Antony should have gone and Casemiro couldn't have complained if he had, we don't need to invent reds we got away with in this particular game. 

Real shame for Shaw though, he'd been excellent till then. Genuinely quality CB, in general. Also the freekick was arguable at best, but what can you do. We can't argue with the loss. We had so many chances to score early on.

Edited by polishgenius

5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

His hand shouldn't have been there, but you'd have to be really wanting to punish us to definitively decide that was deliberate, and the chance in question was a header on the edge of the box.

Come on, it's definitely deliberate. Then it's a chance even if it's not a particularly good one. That's pretty much a textbook yellow card.

If United managed to drop a few more points, likesay against West Ham this WE, then things might actually become interesting wrt top four.

Personally, I'd find it extremely funny, if Brighton finished fourth instead of Liverpool or United.

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Personally, I'd find it extremely funny, if Brighton finished fourth instead of Liverpool or United.

Brighton have a horrendous run in. If they finish fourth they’ll have definitely earned it. 

As funny as it would be I can’t see United dropping points in three of their remaining games. West Ham away’s a possibility but the rest look pretty straightforward.

Yeah, but West Ham are still not safe and thus playing for something. Bournmouth are fairly safe. It would take a fairly improbable turn of events for them to get dragged back into the relegation battle.

Maybe United will indeed be the team that gifts Lampy his consolation points.

Brighton's run in may or may not be horrible.

Everton is doable (sorry rorschach).

Arsenal may or may not think they have a chance to win the league

Newcastle will have top four locked by then

Southampton doable

City might be willing to rest players, as they will have clinched the title

Villa on the final day will be playing for nothing.

Trickest fixture will be Arsenal imho.

United's run in looks relatively easy, so top four is certainly theirs to lose. That's what would make it so funny.

At earlier points in the season I've said that Liverpool have had a bad season after winning the league and then had a great run of form in the end and finished third so it's not out of the question they could do that again. That being said, I would be very surprised to see Liverpool end up in top 4. The hole the team dug themselves into is just too deep, in my opinion. United has a game in hand and if they win that they'll be 7 points clear of Liverpool with 4 games to play. In previous season I'd say United was not that unlikely to implode like that, but I doubt that Ten Hag would let that happen. Also, Liverpool are not really dominating their matches so winning remaining 4 matches is  far from certain.

Edited by baxus

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if United lose (or drop points) to both West Ham and Bournemouth. We've been rubbish away from home. We thought that losing both Varane and Licha to injury was the hammer blow, but a bigger issue is at the other end of the pitch. We are far too reliant on Rashford to score goals; the other forwards are just not pulling their weight. Had Rashford not had such a good season, we'd be fighting for a Conference League place.

Liverpool having a far superior goal difference makes it slightly more possible. 

It would be double galling if the 7-0 humping was both humiliating at the time, but also cost them a CL place. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Someone just said Frank Lampard should be called James bond if they lose their next match. 0 wins, 0 draws, 7 losses. 

Zero owners who ordered a journalist to be assassinated and dismembered with a bone saw though! 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Zero owners who ordered a journalist to be assassinated and dismembered with a bone saw though! 

Didn't you becime a chelsea 'fan' when Roman was in charge? I dont think you can get on your high horse.  

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Didn't you becime a chelsea 'fan' when Roman was in charge? I dont think you can get on your high horse.  

Did I celebrate him becoming the new owner because I knew it would increase the team's spending? Nope. 

At least I've been consistent in saying almost all these fuckers who own teams and/or run the sport are evil rat bastards. 

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Did I? 

You did, albeit tongue and cheek. But hey, when your favorite sport is the most corrupt one in the world (you also love cycling too, right? :P) you just learn to accept some things. 

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You did, albeit tongue and cheek. But hey, when your favorite sport is the most corrupt one in the world (you also love cycling too, right? :P) you just learn to accept some things. 

I'm not sure cycling is corrupt, more inept. Tomorrow the second biggest race of the year starts. And they have just realised the penultimate stage, which potentially could decide the overall winner, goes up a road that is too narrow.