What characters from ASOIAF remind you of characters from another Show/Book/Game?

Ned Stark- Duke Leto Atreides I (Dune)

Bran Stark-Leto Atreides II (Dune)

Catelyn Stark-Lady Jessica (Dune)

Jon Snow/Daenerys Targaryen-Paul Atreides (Dune)

Arya Stark-Alia Atreides (Dune)

Jaqen H'ghar-Scythale (Dune)

Edited by Saint Saga

Cat strongly reminded me of Sharon Kay Penman’s Cecily Neville from The Sunne in Splendour, and to much lesser degrees her husband Ned and Robb Edward, though that model was much more clearly what young Robert was supposed to be like, excepting Edward was a critical thinker and Robert was a human hormone, so in that way more Robb. 

Tywin can be seen many places, but two in particular, Galbert de Garsenc (and his son could be an alt history Jaime if he’d been unable to defy his father and escaped into the bottle, so sort of Jamie/Tyrion blend) from GGK’s Song for Argonne and Druon’s Phillip the Fair…also some aspects of Garsenc mentioned above were more/equally Stannis. His King…can’t remember the name off hand…could be a more malicious Robert or Renly in some ways.

Stannis pretty strongly reminds of Elias from Memory, Sorrow and Thorn, and Mel to a much lesser degree Pyrates. Stannis almost bang on as King John from Ivanhoe…GRRM pretty much ripped Stannis’ speech (about his flawed bird that he nursed to health vs. Robert’s perfect one from John’s speech about his flawed bird that he nursed to health vs. Richard’s perfect one) straight up, close on word for word from the script to a…dunno, 70’s give or take a decade…version of the huge tv version of it I found on YT. And they both had tics that betrayed near constant tension/frustration/anger, though John was only laconic when in a mood or after being caught doing something bad. 

More later…

Edited by James Arryn

Both Dany and Arya resemble Ciri in The Witcher.

Jon resembles Collum West in The First Law.

I agree with Tywin resembling Philip the Fair.  Cersei resembles Isabella.

I agree that Ned and Catelyn very much resemble Leto and Jessica.

LF resembles Steerpike, in Gormenghast.

Tyrion resembles Shakespeare’s Richard III. Robert, his Edward IV.

Sansa resembles La Belle in La Belle et La Bete.  Also, Claudius in I, Claudius.

7 hours ago, SeanF said:

Both Dany and Arya resemble Ciri in The Witcher.

Jon resembles Collum West in The First Law.

I agree with Tywin resembling Philip the Fair.  Cersei resembles Isabella.

I agree that Ned and Catelyn very much resemble Leto and Jessica.

LF resembles Steerpike, in Gormenghast.

Tyrion resembles Shakespeare’s Richard III. Robert, his Edward IV.

Sansa resembles La Belle in La Belle et La Bete.  Also, Claudius in I, Claudius.

If nobody has yet made the point that the constant Mervyn Peake allusions and easter eggs is a oblique way of GRRM communicating that this thing will never get to dock, I'm claiming credit.