UK Politics: Picking Your Career

mormont

20 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

If ever we need someone to go out there and impregnate the rest of the gallaxy Boris is a far "better" person than Kirk or Riker.  

The seed is strong 

On 5/21/2023 at 5:41 AM, Gaston de Foix said:

Is this the Elon delusion that his genetic material is special and must be propagated as widely as possible?

Or is it just Carrie trying to handcuff Boris to her as much as possible? Or both?

From Boris at least I think it's probably just laziness lol. No idea why she wouldn't be on birth control at this point though.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I have no context for anyone in that photo of the New Cons. Is that the moderate wing or the extreme wing of the current Tory crop?

Extreme wing. I recognise Anderson and Gullis, but none of the others.

19 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The ‘New Conservatives’.

Curious how Subak will react to the tory deputy chair being there.

They’re already planning for their defeat.

Every single one of these fascist loons will be gone in the next election.

Usually when you want to start a group in politics with "new" in the name, you at least have mostly politicians under 40.  Thus, even if they have recycled conservative ideas, they can package it as "new".  But not the "new conservatives"!

48 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Usually when you want to start a group in politics with "new" in the name, you at least have mostly politicians under 40.  Thus, even if they have recycled conservative ideas, they can package it as "new".  But not the "new conservatives"!

New Conservatives.

Old UKIP. Old BNP

9 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

James Blunt and Eddie Maarsan taking the piss out of Braverman re her being caught speeding

Funny! Though now I think about it, I'd really like to watch a short film where Eddie Marsan as himself goes for a speed awareness course, only to find that the course leader is his character from Happy Go Lucky.

So the Scottish Govt have put up an offer of 15.5% pay rise for Junior Doctors over 2 years with a 6.5% uplift for this year and an increase from 4.5% to 7.5%, backdated for 2022/23 which will be put to the BMA Scotland union member - and they haven't even had to strike

Whereas the England, Wales and NI Junior Doctors have been offered a 5% pay rise by this govt, which means we're striking again - for the third time :ph34r:

Edited by Raja

26 minutes ago, Raja said:

So the Scottish Govt have put up an offer of 15.5% pay rise for Junior Doctors over 2 years with a 6.5% uplift for this year and an increase from 4.5% to 7.5%, backdated for 2022/23 which will be put to the BMA Scotland union member - and they haven't even had to strike

Whereas the England, Wales and NI Junior Doctors have been offered a 5% pay rise by this govt, which means we're striking again - for the third time :ph34r:

Stay strong. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

We are so shite, would anyone notice? 

There’s a bit in the final season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine where the uniformed officers have a co-ordinated blue flu, and the crime figures are so unaffected that Holt uses it as an argument for police reform 

Just now, Maltaran said:

There’s a bit in the final season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine where the uniformed officers have a co-ordinated blue flu, and the crime figures are so unaffected that Holt uses it as an argument for police reform 

Statistically if we all stayed at home the rapes, murders would decrease. But there would be a surge in domestics  I'm so sad about my job. 

8 hours ago, Raja said:

I saw Tasmanian doctors were on the cusp of industrial action as well, and largely focused on the same section of the profession - junior doctors getting absolutely screwed. The offer they'd received was similarly bad and they're asking to match the pay in Victoria. They were probably going to just start with 'work to rule'* which really should highlight how just bad the situation is when that's deemed unacceptable, court rulings around industrial action in NSW have ruled that to be illegal in the past.

Good luck with yours!

*Only do the duties that are in your position description and the hours that you're contractually obligated to work. This shouldn't even be considered industrial action, let alone be able to be ruler illegal action.