On and On About Harry & Meghan Part 4

Fragile Bird

Hmm.

I don’t know if this true or not, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I’m also pretty sure I’d have no problem breaking a few traffic laws for $60k. But hey, if the paparazzi are known for anything it’s restraint, right?

are we still trying to parse the difference between “chased and “followed”? If so I can take a day off from this thread until that’s sorted. Maybe I could do some laundry or go for a nice walk.

29 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Hmm.

I don’t know if this true or not, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I’m also pretty sure I’d have no problem breaking a few traffic laws for $60k. But hey, if the paparazzi are known for anything it’s restraint, right?

are we still trying to parse the difference between “chased and “followed”? If so I can take a day off from this thread until that’s sorted. Maybe I could do some laundry or go for a nice walk.

This looks 100% legit

25 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

This looks 100% legit

Wait, it’ll get worse, next there will be rumours about tabloids bugging phones and stuff like that, and you and I can sit back rolling our eyes at the idiotic credulity of everyone whose flagpole doesn’t rise upon hearing the national anthem. 

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Wait, it’ll get worse, next there will be rumours about tabloids bugging phones and stuff like that, and you and I can sit back rolling our eyes at the idiotic credulity of everyone whose flagpole doesn’t rise upon hearing the national anthem. 

There's a big difference between saying something doesn't look legit and saying something isn't plausible. It's not that the press wouldn't, its that this is hardly evidence. 

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

There's a big difference between saying something doesn't look legit and saying something isn't plausible. It's not that the press wouldn't, its that this is hardly evidence. 

That’s why I said, “I don’t know if this is true or not…” You guys must have me confused with the fella who likes to repeat himself.

2 hours ago, James Arryn said:

for reference:

https://time.com/4914324/princess-diana-anniversary-paparazzi-tabloid-media/?amp=true

Seconds later they were in hot pursuit, following Diana through red lights, driving down the wrong side of a traffic island and accelerating in front of trucks, until she began turning into the entrance of Kensington Palace. Harvey leapt from the vehicle, camera in hand, and dived across the bonnet of the car, firing his camera at the Audi as it disappeared from sight. “Please, please, let that picture be sharp,” he prayed.

The Princess of Wales steadily became the most photographed person in the world, with paparazzi offered up to £500,000 ($656,000) for even grainy pictures of her (she steadily gained the nickname in the industry of ‘the Princess of Sales’). One of her most famous pursuers, Jason Fraser, made in excess of £1 million($1.3m) from selling photos of Diana with Dodi Fayed.

14 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I mean someone on Twitter with ‘team H and M’ on their profile, posts a badly shopped photo of someone’s tweet with no link to the original tweet.. what could possibly be suspect about that. Not sure you need to work in the police to sniff out the bullshit there 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Sure, but the comment I was responding to was about appearance based assumptions, ie the people we know have done much worse would of course never do such a thing. Just because. 

Edited by James Arryn

54 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I mean someone on Twitter with ‘team H and M’ on their profile, posts a badly shopped photo of someone’s tweet with no link to the original tweet.. what could possibly be suspect about that. Not sure you need to work in the police to sniff out the bullshit there 

You’re right. The actual number was probably much more. 

Seriously, if it isn’t perfectly obvious by now that this couple is a target of harassment by the UK tabloid and right wing press, I don’t know what to do with you. If you suggest that it’s somehow “far fetched”, you’re gaslighting. 

Off the top of my head I can name at least 3 major UK media types who have speculated about or commented on her death. This is not fucking normal folks.

32 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Seriously, if it isn’t perfectly obvious by now that this couple is a target of harassment by the UK tabloid and right wing press, I don’t know what to do with you. If you suggest that it’s somehow “far fetched”, you’re gaslighting. 

Off the top of my head I can name at least 3 major UK media types who have speculated about or commented on her death. This is not fucking normal folks.

I’m not sure anyone is denying they are a target ( though people seem to forget why). My point is I’m not sure why you thought posting up some obviously fake nonsense from Twitter helps your argument, just makes you look bad. 

5 hours ago, James Arryn said:

you and I can sit back rolling our eyes at the idiotic credulity of everyone whose flagpole doesn’t rise upon hearing the national anthem. 

Ha. Nationalism can be truly evil and stupid and oddly enough nationalists tend the least of the people of the people who make up their nation most times.

On 5/20/2023 at 11:22 AM, James Arryn said:

More than just bugging phones. Here’s an interesting wrinkle. I wonder how many more people who settled cases with these tabloids will be called to testify.