On and On About Harry & Meghan Part 4

Fragile Bird

44 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

That said, if I’m choosing a lesbian partner, I’d pick Kate over Meaghan. Kate is low-key stylish, not overbearing. Meaghan seems like she requires a lot of ego-massaging.

I imagine I would bored with sleeping with Kate before we had finished the first time. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

So the typical marriage? 

Sorry that’s a boomer joke but I couldn’t resist 

I'm not sure the comparison of older people's activities with the younger generations would result in the expected results. Just a hunch.

On 5/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, Madame deVenoge said:

Keep in mind, I said partner. Kate seems like the 20-year sexless marriage. 

Honestly, who knows if any of them would be worth it in bed - probably all taking, no giving.

Frankly none of the royals give off the impression that they're great lays. I can't imagine how bad sleeping with the old Queen had to be. Harry is probably the best you're going to get.

As if we needed any more proof of the racist nature of our society, Spotify have dropped Meghan’s lovely podcast because she was barely able to make any episodes, and nobody wanted to listen to her prattle on about herself during ‘interviews’

Its a sad indictment of our values that we didn’t all join in to make society better by gathering round the phone and listening in to all 12 episodes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65936228

On 6/11/2023 at 8:21 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Frankly none of the royals give off the impression that they're great lays. I can't imagine how bad sleeping with the old Queen had to be. Harry is probably the best you're going to get.

Eh? Poshos are proper shaggers. 

This nonsense randomly entered my podcast world when Bill Simmons of The Ringer was on his podcast. For those who don't know, he sold the company to Spotify and has become a pretty important executive there, focused on developing and monetizing podcasts. He has opinions, and apparently stories to tell that I'm guessing Spotify and Archewell would rather he not tell. He's not the most delicate or circumspect of people, suffice it to say, but then he's a Masshole so it comes with the territory:

Edited by Ran

It's almost as if when you pull back the curtain of performative 'humanitarian' speak, what you have are two not very nice, not very talented people who can't get along with anyone, behind or in front of the camera for any length of time.  

I’ve been going through my books to see what I want to keep and what I don’t want, and came across my copies of various Dick Francis murder mysteries. The books all take place in the horse racing world, a world replete with the upper-class crowd, the kind the royals hang out with. It’s a world replete with assholes of various types, the mean and vicious, the tight fisted greedy, the privileged who demand every privilege they’re entitled to and ones they aren’t, the misogynists, the man haters, the lower-classes haters, etc etc.  Dick Francis, as a champion jockey, obviously saw them all and made notes. Oh, and toss into the mix the vicious members of the media too.

Re-reading a couple of the novels I realized the Harry and Meghan saga is a Dick Francis novel come to life. Well, except for the thugs who try to beat up the novel’s good guy, we haven’t seen any beatings yet. If you’ve enjoyed this thread, try reading some Dick Francis!

25 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's almost as if when you pull back the curtain of performative 'humanitarian' speak, what you have are two not very nice, not very talented people who can't get along with anyone, behind or in front of the camera for any length of time.  

Yeah it’s almost as if when they run out of gossip about the royal family that they sell for cold hard cash, they have no entertainment value or talent at all. Who would have seen that coming.

51 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yeah it’s almost as if when they run out of gossip about the royal family that they sell for cold hard cash, they have no entertainment value or talent at all. Who would have seen that coming.

What have I been saying for years here? The royals are largely empty, talentless people who are cruel to one another. I get the idea that having a ceremonial royal has benefits, but pick another person/family. The House of Windsor sucks ass. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

What have I been saying for years here? The royals are largely empty, talentless people who are cruel to one another. I get the idea that having a ceremonial royal has benefits, but pick another person/family. The House of Windsor sucks ass. 

Well Meghan has proved you don’t need to be royal to be talentless. At least the royal family gives you a safety blanket.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Any other family would be the same.  There would be a mix of hard workers, grifters, smart/dumb, rebels, and once in a while a real talent, etc.  Has anyone anywhere ever lauded the Windsors for being 'talented'?  I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Well Meghan has proved you don’t need to be royal to be talentless. At least the royal family gives you a safety blanket.

Meghan probably is one of the more talented of the bunch. And I don't think she's anything special which should say more about the rest of them. Everyone I've heard who is being honest has said Charles couldn't tie his own shoes without a few maids. 

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Any other family would be the same.  There would be a mix of hard workers, grifters, smart/dumb, rebels, and once in a while a real talent, etc.  Has anyone anywhere ever lauded the Windsors for being 'talented'?  I don't think so.

I have to disagree. There are numerous families who could do the same job without being shitbags and be gracious about it. And with far more modestly. That's in part why I think you need to cycle these people out every few years. If you let one family sit on the throne for generations you're probably going to create some serious self intitled assholes. Picking a good person to be king or queen for a few year term makes more sense. 

Edited by Tywin et al.