Dating Thread: Hope Springs Eternal

Saying I may know better is already a dangerous road. :P

I think @Mlle. Zabzie is absolutely correct though, we just communicate differently. What I don't get is she keeps saying I don't let her talk on these long ass calls when she's doing like 70% of the speaking. Maybe I just met her at the wrong time for both of us. 

22 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

(how did women get through menopause in the olden days without HRT???

Generally they were dead before that happened.

Or pregnant up to that point.

Or nuns.

Or very lucky, like Victoria (handwashing and speculums and anesthesia had come in by then, and she was rich -- unlike, say, Queen Ann, whose 19 pregnancies and never a living child, was not lucky).  It was a miracle with as many miscarriages, still births and the rest -- I think she was pregnant 17 times in all -- that President John Quincy Adams's wife, Louisa, survived.  She nearly died many times.

Edited by Zorral

I guess I can be just quietly glad that I'm born male and somehow missed the memo about what this puberty stuff was supposedly about. But hey, at least that also means no stupid hair on the chest and in the armpits...

Btw, I also deleted the dating apps yesterday again. I thought I had better pictures this time around, but getting three likes in almost two months in total and all of them immediately unmatching is just... well, I guess I dodged putting even more pressure on myself forcing myself to be sociable, so there is that.

19 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Run away!

Yeah, everyone is saying as much I talk to off site. I tend to trust one of my step-bros most and his long time partner even more because she is the best and they were both like eject immediately. 

Sigh.

Well so much for that one. I mentioned in passing I've made friends with people from here, specifically from all over the world with different perspectives and stories, and she told me she thinks we're all weird. I mentioned @Fragile Bird buying a book for me because it was really the only way to get it and she told me I was insane to trust her. Guess I'll pick you weirdos everyday.

Edited by Tywin et al.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well so much for that one. I mentioned in passing I've made friends with people from here, specifically from all over the world with different perspectives and stories, and she told me she thinks we're all weird. I mentioned @Fragile Bird buying a book for me because it was really the only way to get it and she told me I was insane to trust her. Guess I'll pick you weirdos everyday.

See, Ty, the answer to that is to go to Worldcon next year in Glasgow and meet up with the BwB. Then you will have actually met us and will know us, more than just as folks on the internet. Or wait until the year after, when it will likely be in the US again. That’s exactly how I met so many people, attending the Chicago conference, then San Antonio, then Spokane, then Kansas City, and hopped the Atlantic twice, for London and Helsinki.

:D

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Shes growing on me. 

23 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Saying I may know better is already a dangerous road. :P

I think @Mlle. Zabzie is absolutely correct though, we just communicate differently. What I don't get is she keeps saying I don't let her talk on these long ass calls when she's doing like 70% of the speaking. Maybe I just met her at the wrong time for both of us. 

If your perception here is accurate, that the convo is 70/30 and she is complaining you 'don't let her talk' then you're already being gaslighted before there is even a relationship.  Run. 

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

See, Ty, the answer to that is to go to Worldcon next year in Glasgow and meet up with the BwB. Then you will have actually met us and will know us, more than just as folks on the internet. Or wait until the year after, when it will likely be in the US again. That’s exactly how I met so many people, attending the Chicago conference, then San Antonio, then Spokane, then Kansas City, and hopped the Atlantic twice, for London and Helsinki.

:D

If you want a suggestion for Karaoke if Ty shows up...:leaving:

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Shes growing on me. 

Sounds like she nearly had another bar fight. You'd love her. 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

If your perception here is accurate, that the convo is 70/30 and she is complaining you 'don't let her talk' then you're already being gaslighted before there is even a relationship.  Run. 

I explained in more detail how my step-dad is dying quickly not that long after my dad died. She showed zero interest while wanting to talk about her mom and her fighting more. 

I'm out. Sigh.

Edited by Tywin et al.