Dating Thread: Hope Springs Eternal

On 5/21/2023 at 3:51 PM, Gaston de Foix said:

But since this is dating thread, let me ask a dating-specific question that maybe @Ran or someone else knows.  Have there been any board romances that have gone the distance?

My wife and I met through the board and have been married 16 years as of yesterday. Two kids too. 

We also fucked all sorts of people on the board but that didn't last

If anyone was curious, the actual count of new humans from Glasgow is 7 just by itself. Not too shabby!

There are at least 5 long-term relationships/marriages that started because of Glasgow as well as something like 38,000 other relationships that got broken up because of Glasgow

41 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

Ok, this is the DATING thread, and not the “we are happily married thread and want to run it in”. Just saying :rofl:

Oh stop, you're trying to pin the Doc down. 

On 5/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Toth said:

Ah yes, no. I didn't mean for sports. I'm also jogging three times a week again, for whatever good it does me. Talking more about me going back to try finding stuff to do where I can practice socializing some more

Have you considered a running group?

11 hours ago, kiko said:

Have you considered a running group?

Nah. I really don't like letting anyone see me work out. My anxiety makes me stop in my tracks immediately. I guess that's why I am so annoyed by my coworkers hanging out doing sports every week as that's really something I can't make myself join.

2 hours ago, Toth said:

Nah. I really don't like letting anyone see me work out. My anxiety makes me stop in my tracks immediately. I guess that's why I am so annoyed by my coworkers hanging out doing sports every week as that's really something I can't make myself join.

I'm kind of the same way, but I'm actually okay when it comes to climbing gyms. Have you tried one? It's tough but fun!

On 5/20/2023 at 2:55 AM, Tywin et al. said:

And she nearly got into a fight tonight, which is not a great sign. B

On 5/21/2023 at 12:46 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I explained in more detail how my step-dad is dying quickly not that long after my dad died. She showed zero interest while wanting to talk about her mom and her fighting more.

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Can't believe she's never been to Cali, or really much of anywhere outside of the Midwest. And doesn't want to.

Is she a vexillographer?  Perhaps she should work with some color other than red. 

18 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

That would be a deal-killer for me…someone doesn’t need to want to go everywhere I want to go, but overlap on the Venn diagram of travel is nice.

It makes more sense why she felt like I was bragging that I've been here and there. I know I can come off as someone who does that, but I just want to travel everywhere and tell fun stories or tell the ones my friends tell me. The world is a big, beautiful place and I want to see all of it or hear from others about what they've seen. It's one of the reasons I love this place. @Relic's website, for example is beautiful as he documents all his journeys.