Yellowjackets 2- Spoilers(even on Friday’s)

Ramsay B.

Glad to see a new thread.  Any ideas about the finale?  

It was good to see the gang get things out in the open.  Never sure when to use spoilers but think this is beyond the stop point.  Couldn't distinguish what was in the place Coach Ben went.  Looked like a tunnel or cave but not sure.  Thought I saw a light hooked up in there?  

Most curious point in my humble estimation was episode 7 watching present day group dancing to a song that almost killed one of them in the past then celebrating the snow.  Someone isn't recalling things correctly.  I about spit water when one of them said "I love that song".  Lottie seems to have some recall if her talks with her "therapist" are any indication.  So weird she would join in the dancing if she remembers any of this at all.  Natalie is determined to dig up the past. 

Enjoyed Jeff's dream and afterward.   Jeff is aware of much more than we guessed.  I kept wondering if he knew about the baby.  Not sure what revelations will mean for Callie.  

Pretty clear Van was all act when she first returns.  But she and Lottie sure seem to want to be part of the present intrigue.  But why?  Nothing the core 4 have done impacts either Lottie or Van personally.  They are being drawn together which makes me think there are no other survivors.  Lottie is determined one of them needs to be sacrificed because they all happen to be together.  But she is the only one who really seems convinced this is the right thing to do.  What did Travis' death pay for or satisfy?  

Again, I did not clearly see Javi's drawings.  Does anyone know what was depicted on the pages other than the tree?  

Now that we have better understanding of the young crew's descent into madness I wonder what else the writers will pull over the remaining seasons to outdo what they've already done.  Yikes.  

Back with LOST I was poring over screen grabs of maps, looking for clues. These days I just wait for other people to do it!

Though it really just looks like a root to me. 

I don't think we're meant to get what the deal with the place coach found was. Just that's it's warm, presumably we'll find out why next week. It's kinda funny that earlier in the season Nat and Travis noted that it was super weird there was no snow at that spot, and then just moved on without investigating further. 

Edited by RumHam

Sheeeeiit. 

Spoiler

First, the negative: How does the Walter stuff make ANY sense? The police investigation has been the most "just roll your eyes and go with it" plot all season. Did he even know about Jessica Roberts? It's insane that his plan to blackmail the other cop apparently worked. Walter is a great presence on the show but he doesn't make a lot of sense right now. 

I'm sad to see Nat go, but I guess they weren't really doing much with her anyway. They need to tighten up the adult timeline next season. 

Everything else I thought was pretty good. Did anyone die in the fire? There were nine at the end watching it burn. From left to right I'm pretty sure it's Pink Hat, Van, Tai, Nat, Travis, Misty, Shauna, Lottie and then maybe Mari? That leaves at least Akilah unaccounted for. 

There seem to be eight of them for the "antler queen" scene in the pilot. Plus dinner. So I feel like there can't be just nine + coach left. 

MUSTAAAAAACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!$$&@@“”&!!’!

When Mustache and the dude rolled up I was like, OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I may have let out an audible squeak. Giddy, I tell you. Giddy like a little girl. And then WHATTHEFUCK?!?!? Damn you show. 

Elijah Wood is a keeper. Misty better hang on to that one. Although he is a bit to relaxed about all this. Better keep an eye on him.

Misty is always trying to help. She deserves a mulligan or two. Besides, the wilderness chose. Still, not cool, Wilderness.

Yeah, that ending. Wow. Here’s to season 3 and some Mustache stew.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Sheeeeiit. 

Hide contents

First, the negative: How does the Walter stuff make ANY sense? The police investigation has been the most "just roll your eyes and go with it" plot all season. Did he even know about Jessica Roberts? It's insane that his plan to blackmail the other cop apparently worked. Walter is a great presence on the show but he doesn't make a lot of sense right now. 

I'm sad to see Nat go, but I guess they weren't really doing much with her anyway. They need to tighten up the adult timeline next season. 

Everything else I thought was pretty good. Did anyone die in the fire? There were nine at the end watching it burn. From left to right I'm pretty sure it's Pink Hat, Van, Tai, Nat, Travis, Misty, Shauna, Lottie and then maybe Mari? That leaves at least Akilah unaccounted for. 

There seem to be eight of them for the "antler queen" scene in the pilot. Plus dinner. So I feel like there can't be just nine + coach left. 

It chooses… people who use spoiler tags in a “spoiler” thread.

:mellow:

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

1 minute ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah, but this one is called “spoilers”

So was the last! I still say taking the two seconds to put it in tags is worth it if it spares upsetting someone with spoilers. Though for once I think Tywin watched it first. 

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Can people just not visit the thread until they’ve seen it? This isn’t that hard.

It seems like you didn't read the discussion last thread, cause we're just repeating it. 

Another thing, they really built up Tai's multiple personality problems last season, and then this season... It just sorta serves to get her to Van and then the compound. They really de-escalated that plotline from "sacraficing the family dog to win an election." 

3 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Of course I didn’t read it; because I have the impulse control required to stay the hell off a thread discussing episodes of a show I haven’t seen yet. 

It's not a matter of impulse control, so much as some of us having no idea what day it is or forgetting when the show comes out. Personally I don't mind spoilers, but most people do and I'm willing to make the minor effort to cover in case someone makes a mistake and opens the thread without watching. Which did happen last thread, hence the discussion.