NBA Playoffs - Joker's Wild

Relic

5 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Nonetheless, I'm worried they're going to run out of magic against Denver.  They do not have good matchups for Jokic. 

It all depends on which version of Bam shows up. And likewise for the Nuggets which Murray they get. Jokic and Butler will get theirs. It's everyone else that will decide who wins.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It all depends on which version of Bam shows up. And likewise for the Nuggets which Murray they get. Jokic and Butler will get theirs. It's everyone else that will decide who wins.

Yeah it they can somehow take out all the other Nugget shooters maybe they have a shot. But i wouldnt bet on it. Speaking of betting, i WISH i had bet on the Heat. Celtics where +520 to win the series back before game 1. 

10 minutes ago, Relic said:

Yeah it they can somehow take out all the other Nugget shooters maybe they have a shot. But i wouldnt bet on it. Speaking of betting, i WISH i had bet on the Heat. Celtics where +520 to win the series back before game 1. 

I wouldn't have bet on the Heat even with that number. The Celtics failure here is ridiculous. They have four of the six best players in this series. 

I agree that the Nuggets are the favourites against the Heat if/when the match up happens, but I thought the same with the Bucks and Celtics too. Think their underdog mentality is giving them an edge while the favourites buckle under the pressure.

Speaking of betting, I hope that sports leagues will take a stand against gambling and not advertise them in official broadcasts. People are going to do it both legally or illegally anyway, but I'd rather not see it encouraged. 

2 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Speaking of betting, I hope that sports leagues will take a stand against gambling and not advertise them in official broadcasts. People are going to do it both legally or illegally anyway, but I'd rather not see it encouraged. 

Oh sweet summer child...

James has had a great game but no one else is giving much so predictably they’re down again. It’s sad when a guy who is heading for offseason foot surgery is the only one who can create offense. Well I guess Reaves can too to an extent.

30 minutes ago, Relic said:

RIP. I guess it's time to bid farewell to LBJ. It was a magnificent run, sir. Thank you. 

I woke up this morning in agony having done nothing whatsoever to my foot yesterday. The miles he has on his body and to still be putting up those numbers is insane.

I just don't see a route to winning unless he can walk away and sign for a contender for 10 million a year? He isn't worth what he gets paid anymore (not a dig on him but the weird way contracts are structured in lots of American sports). 

34 minutes ago, Rhom said:

He says he wants to play with Bronny. We don’t think he will try to stretch it out two more years?  

He probably won't retire. But the era is officially over now. The King is dead. Long live Grandpa Bron. 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

He says he wants to play with Bronny. We don’t think he will try to stretch it out two more years?  

Do we think he will be ready in 2 years? He only gets drafted to get lebron for pretty much free.

In 2 years I still think lebron could be the greatest role player in history putting up gaudy numbers in 25 mins a night. And an amazing mentor on an up and coming team.

Edited by BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Do we think he will be ready in 2 years? He only gets drafted to get lebron for pretty much free.

I suspect Bronny will only play this coming year at USC then declare for the draft this time next year.

Joker's passing is really something else, I can't think of another player who routinely pulls off the toughest possible passes for layups and dunks down the stretch in closest game, and he does it so casually and with such sonfidence in his skills.

Outstanding game by LeBron, but once the Nuggets cut down the lead to 8 early in the 3rd I knew the Lakers were in trouble because LeBron couldn't maintain the first half level offensively after going without rest the whole half. It was still a very close game, but Denver is just too good in the clutch.

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I just don't see a route to winning unless he can walk away and sign for a contender for 10 million a year? He isn't worth what he gets paid anymore (not a dig on him but the weird way contracts are structured in lots of American sports). 

He can walk next year.  He can also do what many others have done and tell Pelinka to trade him.  I think it likely he will take next year off and come back healthy the year after to wherever Bronny goes.

24 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Yeah okay.  And exactly what assets do you have to make this deal happen?  :rolleyes:

He might be cheaper than you'd expect. I always here rumors that the Hawks don't like him. Still, he's not what they need and frankly I'm not sure any move the Lakers make at this point will make them contenders. Feels like this year they probably heavily over exceeded realistic expectations.