NBA Playoffs - Joker's Wild

Relic

50 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Fair play if they do it, beating both number 1 seeds and a number 2 seed is quite the task. 

Especially with this weird roster.

16 minutes ago, Relic said:

I havent predicted a single thing correctly in this playoffs, i dont think. Still, hard to see how Miami can handle Jokic, but i guess if anyone can gameplan for him Spo can? I wonder if they will try to use Love to body Jokic up? Who else do they have on the bench that they can throw at him? 

Joker will eat Love up. Bam is too small. Idk how they defend him.

7 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'ma let you have that one because I know you never get to say it.

My boy Messi brought it home, just like Chelsea did in the CL a few years ago. My Minnesota teams are haunted, but rooting for Nadal and Serena has been a joy. 

Jokes aside, Tatum is the most bizarre person in the sport. At times he can look like the best player in the NBA. At others he shrinks in a way I simply cannot explain. He needs to stop hunting fouls, shooting bad threes (even if he makes them at a decent rate) and just fucking attack the rim with purpose. There are very few people who can defend him, but he does all this BS and then whines all game long like KAT which I hate. If you want to be the next Kobe, be like Kobe and don't act scared. He's actually the more talented of the two.

Edited by Tywin et al.

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

My boy Messi brought it home, just like Chelsea did in the CL a few years ago. My Minnesota teams are haunted, but rooting for Nadal and Serena has been a joy. 

Wow, your talent for finding these diamonds in the rough is unmatched. Who would've thought to pick those underdogs? :P 

20 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

I hope Spoelstra is going to Riley after hearing of this 6/78.5 contract for Monty Williams in Detroit.

Spo is going to replace Riley in the not too distant future when the latter retires. He'll get a very good deal and more importantly a job for next to life. Maybe even a small piece of the team.

I am looking forward to this Finals matchup, as both Denver and the Heat play some attractive basketball, with off-ball movement and motion on offense, and good team defense within the skill sets of their respective players.

And in fact, several other teams in the playoffs this year did a nice job of playing team basketball that made their games good to watch (Sacramento, GS of course, the Lakers in some games they won, the Celtics in the early rounds).

I feel that the Celtics stopped playing with good motion and movement on offense in the ECF, and that is why the Heat were able to defeat them - too many possessions spent standing around to watch iso stuff on offense.

The championship will likely go to the team who can continue to play a higher percentage of possessions of that sort of high-caliber team offense that incorporates good ball movement and active player participation (and whichever team can avoid key injuries, of course).

I've decided I'm gonna root for Denver in this series. Jeff Green was a friend of my wife back when they went to school together, and it would be cool if he got a ring.  He has had a pretty challenging career, what with the heart surgery and all.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Dammit.  What the hell else has he been doing?!!?

I think they're going to hammer him. At this point I'd assume every accusation is true and there are probably more.

Meanwhile Joker already has 10 assists and Murray is having one of those heater nights of his. I saw a stat earlier that when Joker has 10 or more assists this year Denver wins around 90% of their games, and when he doesn't they're a sub .500 team. Idk how the Heat have any chance to defend what he and the Nuggets are doing. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think they're going to hammer him. At this point I'd assume every accusation is true and there is probably more.

I haven’t been following online rumors… what are the accusations?

13 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The only silver lining for Miami is thier offense is getting looks, they are just missing.  This is a tie game if they were shooting 40 percent from deep.  

Problem is Miami has to get hot in four games to win this. Denver just needs to play to their averages in four to win it.

And yeah, the size issue is clearly a problem. 

11 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I haven’t been following online rumors… what are the accusations?

There's multiple stories on top of the videos of him brandishing a gun at people. For his own good they need to get him real help. A week and a half of learning how to breath and a bit of therapy was never going to fix this. 

20 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Know it's just one half, but the heart look outmatched here.  Denver is much bigger across the board and the Denver offense looks very comfortable.

Ben and co. agree with you.

I would add that both teams played a well-rounded game, and there was no "doughnut" shot chart like the Celtics were creating in the ECF against the Heat.

It is good to see a player like Aaron Gordon finally get to play with a serious, team-oriented group after all those years wasted in the basketball wilderness of Florida.  And similar sentiments are probably appropriate for most of the players on both teams.