Something you would abolish in Martin's world, for any reason.

Helman Corbray

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m just sitting here w/ a bucket of popcorn, waiting for the usual suspects to show up and say, “all the Starks!”.

:lmao:

I would abolishe House Stark. The Starks have shown themselves to be incompetent traitors time and time again. First Rickard and Brandon were plotting against the Targaryens, then Eddard rebelled against the King, then Robb did the same. Now we have Arya the Psycho Mass murderer, Rickon the Cannibal, Bran the Evil Sorcerer, and Jon who will bring the White Walkers down on Westeros.

Edited by Craving Peaches

7 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I would abolishe House Stark. The Starks have shown themselves to be incompetent traitors time and time again. First Rickard and Brandon were plotting against the Targaryens, then Eddard rebelled against the King, then Robb did the same. Now we have Arya the Psycho Mass murderer, Rickon the Cannibal, Bran the Evil Sorcerer, and Jon who will bring the White Walkers down on Westeros.

You forgot Sansa the Traitorous.

6 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Sansa the treacherous murderess who will team up with Harry the Heir to poison poor Sweetrobin due to her insatiable lust for power.

She’s also Stark raving mad (intended obviously) since she’s mad bc she’s a Stark and madder bc she’s a Tully! :cool4:

18 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I would abolish any mention of the Iron Men so as to save a lot of yawns and get the series finished.

I like Asha, and I’m curious about Theon’s future. But I’d gladly read a story where none of the others exist. Especially the Damphair and Victarion. With Euron there may be some potential for interesting developments even if he’s a bit of a cliched mustache-twirling villain. 

The fat pinky mast

EDIT: Seriously know, I am not a fan of some of the things detailed in the World of Ice and Fire about far away lands and cultures. When they appear in the novels they are mentioned in passing and keep an air of mystery. When things like Kayakayanaya or the Five Forts and such are explained in more detail they look like things from a bad RPG sourcebook.

EDIT2: the muppet Tullys

Edited by Leonardo Abreu

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I like Asha, and I’m curious about Theon’s future. But I’d gladly read a story where none of the others exist. Especially the Damphair and Victarion. With Euron there may be some potential for interesting developments even if he’s a bit of a cliched mustache-twirling villain. 

I like Asha too and Theon is a great character to include I like his latest cackling presence on Stannis' wall but when I came to the Iron Isles I realised that this series was not going to reach a climax and denoument anytime soon and instead I had to read all this STUFF quasi viking anthropology STUFF not to mention Conan the barbarian STUFF and the pirate genre STUFF - all mashed up - had to learn all about Kingsmoots blah blah blah learn all these new names... I guess you can see I really resented the extra work.

Since he got kidnapped on Euron's crazy ship and Ragnorak seems about to happen, I have found Aeron a bit interesting. I have to say just his name, his loincloth and the bit of seaweed he trailed about was enough to put me off him initially.

Victarion seems like a joke character who has wandered in to the books.

47 minutes ago, Leonardo Abreu said:

The fat pinky mast

EDIT: Seriously know, I am not a fan of some of the things detailed in the World of Ice and Fire about far away lands and cultures. When they appear in the novels they are mentioned in passing and keep an air of mystery. When things like Kayakayanaya or the Five Forts and such are explained in more detail they look like things from a bad RPG sourcebook.

EDIT2: the muppet Tullys

yes my big disappointment was the moonsingers who found Braavos. My mind had for some reason pictured romantic troubador travelling musicians or something like that. .

4 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I like Asha too and Theon is a great character to include I like his latest cackling presence on Stannis' wall but when I came to the Iron Isles I realised that this series was not going to reach a climax and denoument anytime soon and instead I had to read all this STUFF quasi viking anthropology STUFF not to mention Conan the barbarian STUFF and the pirate genre STUFF - all mashed up - had to learn all about Kingsmoots blah blah blah learn all these new names... I guess you can see I really resented the extra work.

Oh Theon and Stannis is just great stuff! But yeah, I find the whole ironmen culture, religion etc to be boring. Balon is boring as well, and obnoxious. In fact, apart from Asha that whole immediate family… we’ll, they’re all obnoxious. 

Since he got kidnapped on Euron's crazy ship and Ragnorak seems about to happen, I have found Aeron a bit interesting. I have to say just his name, his loincloth and the bit of seaweed he trailed about was enough to put me off him initially.

I can’t with Aeron Damphair, I just can’t. Vic, too. It’s just very hard eyerolls from me whenever either one is on page. I’m passionately cheering for whatever hideous future Euron has planned for the former and for one of the dragons to roast and swallow Vic. 

Victarion seems like a joke character who has wandered in to the books.

Yeah, I kind of feel that way about all 3, Euron, Damphair & Vic. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I like Asha, and I’m curious about Theon’s future.

I like both of them too and I hope Theon's torture is at an end.

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I can’t with Aeron Damphair, I just can’t. Vic, too. It’s just very hard eyerolls from me whenever either one is on page.

Damphair is gross and small minded and somehow, he should get lost in the deserts of Dorne and never be seen again.   Plus, what is dead will never die?  How high was GRRM when he coined that phrase?

1 hour ago, Leonardo Abreu said:

The fat pinky mast

Agree, I like Sam myself and was glad to see him doin' the nasty with Gilly, but oh, GRRM did him wrong with that bit of drivel. 

Edited by LongRider

25 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Seriously, I hate the House of Black and White.  Burn it down Arya and come home. 

Amen to that.  Not only do I dislike the Faceless Men, I fail to see the point.  It's beyond clear that Arya won't become an assassin, and having someone take a new face and pretend to be someone else is great once or twice, but gets old in a hurry.  Come home, Arya!

26 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, I kind of feel that way about all 3, Euron, Damphair & Vic. 

hard to argue with that, and Balon is just unpleasant and boring.

The unnamed or minor Ironmen do seem like a lot of extras dragged on stage at the last minute, to wassail and cheer and fight.

4 minutes ago, Nevets said:

Amen to that.  Not only do I dislike the Faceless Men, I fail to see the point.  It's beyond clear that Arya won't become an assassin, and having someone take a new face and pretend to be someone else is great once or twice, but gets old in a hurry.  Come home, Arya!

I have the impression GRRM wants to put some of every sub genre in his book and so assassins had to be in because I pass these long rows of Assassins Creed and other series in the bookshop.

Although I think if he wanted a dark storyline for Arya that was a good idea.