Something you would abolish in Martin's world, for any reason.

Helman Corbray

Ironborn invasion to North. After all their main motivation of doing anything is to gain as much wealth and sex slaves as possible. So invading poor land including very few available women is very bad idea.

Besides they should know that they cannot keep their conquered lands anyway. Because during long winter northern Sunset Sea will froze and so any IB still in the North during winter would has to leave the North b4 that happens.

12 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

Ironborn invasion to North. After all their main motivation of doing anything is to gain as much wealth and sex slaves as possible. So invading poor land including very few available women is very bad idea.

Besides they should know that they cannot keep their conquered lands anyway. Because during long winter northern Sunset Sea will froze and so any IB still in the North during winter would has to leave the North b4 that happens.

Balon basically makes the worst decision whenever a choice is offered to him, even when there are glaring historical lessons readily available to him. And he does it all with this air of pearls before swine. It’s not just amazing he’s so revered, it’s amazing he was tolerated as long as he was. But the IB feel half-cooked a lot of the time, so who knows? And being the IB, they replaced the incompetent nincompoop with Jack “Sadomasochist” Sparrow. Who seems to suffer from the same delusion that a plan is basically an idea that will grow its own wings provided you’re committed enough. 

Edited by James Arryn

On 5/26/2023 at 12:31 PM, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

You take that back! :angry2: The Lads are awesome

No problem with the characters, just think the names are an unecessary distraction. Same thing with Dickon Manwoody that I always read his name as the great friend of Pilatus, Biggus Dickus.

To add another desirable change, almost everything about the valyrian steel dagger.

17 minutes ago, Leonardo Abreu said:

No problem with the characters, just think the names are an unecessary distraction. Same thing with Dickon Manwoody that I always read his name as the great friend of Pilatus, Biggus Dickus.

To add another desirable change, almost everything about the valyrian steel dagger.

Dickon Manwoody is a god damn hero, you keep his Mae out your mouth!

7 hours ago, Leonardo Abreu said:

But not Whoresbane Umber, right?  That's still the coolest name ever.

You do mean all this stuff after ADWD, right?  Post text?  I'm fine with the dagger being what it is in ASOIAF.  It's all this other crazy meaning it has in other mediums that drives me nuts.  

19 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

But not Whoresbane Umber, right?  That's still the coolest name ever.

You do mean all this stuff after ADWD, right?  Post text?  I'm fine with the dagger being what it is in ASOIAF.  It's all this other crazy meaning it has in other mediums that drives me nuts.  

Whoresbane is fine :-)

About the dagger I don’t like the amount of plot contrivances around it:

- a 12 year old highborne manages to find a hired killer willing to kill a Lord Paramount son while in said Lord’s castle, without nobody finding out

- this resorceful assassin arranges a fire in the library, but had no weapon of his himself, the prince had to arrange for him

- the catspaw was honorable enough to follow through with the contract. With the royal party gone, he could have run away with his silver and his new dagger to a week of fun in White Harbor brothels

- Expert masterplanner Littlefinger risks everything lying about the dagger right in front of Varys. The Spider wouldn’t contradict him on the spot of course, but surely would have him literally by the balls from them on. What is worse, he could just have told the truth and it would still achieve the same effect of raising suspicion of the Starks against the Lannisters.

- if not for a very low probability encounter on the inn, Tyrion would have returned to KL, and Ned would probably confront him about the dagger, Tyrion would deny, and Ned being a bit more cool headed would listen.