Silk and sandsilk article placement

cytherea

I'm expanding the article on silk, but I'm in doubt on whether to keep sandsilk incidences in the silk article or to create a separate article for sandsilk. For now, they're being registered there, but I thought it would maybe be a good topic to bring to discussion. Maybe another option would be to include a topic in the silk article about it, stating a difference between them? If it's decided to keep sandsilk on silk, would it be pertinent to add a redirection from sandsilk to silk?

6 hours ago, cytherea said:

I'm expanding the article on silk, but I'm in doubt on whether to keep sandsilk incidences in the silk article or to create a separate article for sandsilk. For now, they're being registered there, but I thought it would maybe be a good topic to bring to discussion. Maybe another option would be to include a topic in the silk article about it, stating a difference between them? If it's decided to keep sandsilk on silk, would it be pertinent to add a redirection from sandsilk to silk?

From a quick A Search of Ice and Fire, it seems to be a type a silk usually worn by the Dornish and Dothraki that is better against the heat of the sun compared to regular silk. Though I confess I'm not sure how it works since I'm not familiar with the term "sandsilk".

If what I understood is correct, then I vote for creating a sandsilk topic within the silk article. And also add a sandsilk redirect to the silk article.

Edited by Thomaerys Velaryon

9 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

From a quick A Search of Ice and Fire, it seems to be a type a silk usually worn by the Dornish and Dothraki that is better against the heat of the sun compared to regular silk. Though I confess I'm not sure how it works since I'm not familiar with the term "sandsilk".

If what I understood is correct, then I vote for creating a sandsilk topic within the silk article. And also add a sandsilk redirect to the silk article.

I'll work on that then, thanks for the input!