Football: The odds are not even

polishgenius

57 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Dortmund are the Tottenham of German league, complete bottlejobs. Still incredible how Klopp took them to 2 titles.

It's very unfair to liken Dortmund to Spurs. Afterall, Dortmund have won 5 league titles since 1990, a couple of German Cups and a Champion's League.

Edited by Consigliere

34 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

It's very unfair to liken Dortmund to Spurs. Afterall, Dortmund have won 5 league titles since 1990, a couple of German Cups and a Champion's League.

True, but in the last years, they seemingly forgot how to win, and anytime they face Bayern they enter the pitch defeated already, and are lucky to get a tie

40 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

True, but in the last years, they seemingly forgot how to win, and anytime they face Bayern they enter the pitch defeated already, and are lucky to get a tie

True. Bayern gave Dortmund so many openings this season and they proceeded to bottle every one of them. Disappointing.

12 minutes ago, Darryk said:

So if Mourinho wins the Europa League final is he suddenly a serial winner again? As far as I'm concerned he's still past it.

He's done a pretty good job at Roma - last seasons Conference League win was Roma's first trophy in 14 years and now he's got them to another European final. If he manages to win the EL then he'd have gone a long way to rehabilitating his reputation and bigger clubs will probably start to consider him again.

32 minutes ago, Darryk said:

So if Mourinho wins the Europa League final is he suddenly a serial winner again? As far as I'm concerned he's still past it.

I disagree. Winning trophies at Roma is very difficult. Before he arrived, the last time they won was in 2008. If anything winning the Europa League with Roma would in my mind recover his reputation a lot. Their team is nothing special at all, but he improved them a bit in their league performances and is making a European final two years in a row. 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Question of the day, why did they put Bellingham on the bench, if he wasn't fit enough to play. Was it just to scare Bayern?

@AncalagonTheBlack was actually a serious question.

Bellingham was suffering from problems with his knee. That's why he didn't play last week, and was a big question mark before today's game. Since he was not brought on, he was very obviously not fit, as he was their key player, and he has a very good chance to win footballer of the year in Germany (Musiala and Kolo Muani are imo the other contenders, and maybe Nkunku). So if couldn't play, why put him on the bench? Was he supposed to be brought on for the last five minutes to celebrate the title?