Football: The odds are not even

polishgenius

1 minute ago, Daemon the Leaner said:

Musiala did well to cover a massive fuck up from Leroy Sane

Gnabry's fuck up, no?

Sane had his goal (2-0) scratched off, because the handball in the buildup. Gnabry conceded the penalty.

My father in law is a bit tory and a bit brexity. But he did just pay for me to stay in a villa in Portugal for a week so I feel sad for him being a Coventry fan. Imagine one missed penalty costing 150 million +. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

2 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

I disagree. Winning trophies at Roma is very difficult. Before he arrived, the last time they won was in 2008. If anything winning the Europa League with Roma would in my mind recover his reputation a lot. Their team is nothing special at all, but he improved them a bit in their league performances and is making a European final two years in a row. 

Specially considering they'll be facing the Europa League kings in the final 

So just joking, ok.

Anyway, I think I just found the most disgusting model for football clubs.  (German language, for those who can speak).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX5XUy9Fec0

There's amateur club in Germany, who exclusively fields South American players. If you say so what? I'll provide some context. 

The club plays 7th tier football. It's amateur club, so they can't pay their footballers wages (bit complicated but the thick and thin of it is, if they do they are regarded as a professional, that impacts their tax (exempt) status). They just provide food and housing for them, which they get reimbursed for by the players' agency (again, if the club actually paid for those things that'd impact their (tax) status as amateurs). The agency (can I mention Ribeiro Moojen by name?) on their end collect money from the players. The only thing the club actually provides is training. The players only "get signed" for 6 months, the length of a tourist visa. The "Sporting Director" of the club (ArheilgenDarmstadt) is actually studying for a degree in construction engineering, his father is the club's president, his mother is the equipment manager. He and his brother also do the groundkeeping stuff. Oh, he also run a player agency, in case one of those players actually manages to raise the interest of a pro club (not gonna happen).

If you think that club sounds sketchy, here's a former American player telling you it is.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

Leeds probably have the worst matchup, not because of their opponents quality, but simply because Spurs still have something to play for. If Villa lose, Spurs can get a European spot.

Edit: and Spurs scored.

Edited by Corvinus85

Bournemouth not really playing other than defense so far, but given we have no striker, this is a turgid affair. 

Good chance falling to ... Gana. Of all the bad choices, that's the worst.