Football: The odds are not even

polishgenius

Guirassy you donkey. I hoped that Stuttgart would  stuff them in both legs.

But no, first Guirassy fluffs one-on-one. And then not five minutes later he fluffs a penalty. So it's just 1-0 at HT.

And once more for good measure. Guirassy you fucking donk.

See a little ranting helps.

Guirassy with the 3-0.

So things are looking good.

And a red card. So Stuttgart not just 3-0 up, but also up a player for the last 20+ minutes.

Or to put it another way.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

Yep, also thought Taylor had a good game. Only thing he really got wrong was the penalty call, and there it was really hard to spot, that the Roma defender played the ball first. And VAR corrected Taylor on that call. Not sure why Mourinho wanted to have a yellow for a dive there.

Would've been a softer penalty, but VAR wouldn't have interfered, if the Roma player hadn't touched the ball first. While his player clearly wanted buy a penalty and dived.

The only other controversial scene was the handball, Taylor might the right call imho to play on. Arm was pretty close to the body. Granted, those sort of handball have been given, but they clearly shouldn't be (save for my team obviously). That's atm the idiocy of the handball rule and its application.

They have got to start cracking down on spectator behaviour, racism etc, but its clearly lead by the players and managers.    Give them a years ban from Europe so the next fucking idiots in a similar position might think again. 

12 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

They have got to start cracking down on spectator behaviour, racism etc, but its clearly lead by the players and managers.    Give them a years ban from Europe so the next fucking idiots in a similar position might think again. 

This is the first thing I thought when I saw Mourinho waiting for Taylor in the garage.

He's going to say it's not his fault Taylor was harassed at the airport, and while I agree that football fans are not the most calm and reasonable lot, Mourinho's behaviour definitely encouraged this.

Ban him from football in Europe in general, not just UEFA competitions. Teach everyone a lesson.

That being said, there definitely needs to be a proper review of refereeing, and a way needs to be found for managers to have their say (politely, obviously) without risking bans and fines.

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

I've no idea why we are buying him. It doesn't seem sensible recruitment when we have limited funds. 

who's your left back again

he's a good player but dunno if that's a position you need players in

1 hour ago, Soylent Brown said:

Other good left backs are available though, surely? You might even find one who can stay fit for more than five games a season!

It's also possible that we move Tomiyasu to be our LB ( Tomi was basically ahead of Tierney before he got his injury) and second choice to Zinchenko and actually buy a right back instead

1 hour ago, Raja said:

who's your left back again

he's a good player but dunno if that's a position you need players in

Matt Targett or Dan Burn. He's better than both when fit, but not better enough that he should be a priority. 

Tierney is a very good attacking LB when fit. 

A bit like Patterson.

Why are the new crop of Scottish backs made out of cardboard? Is this some sort of Brexit thing?

(As for Newcastle .. Burn isn't an attacking LB, but he's defensively way more solid than Tierney, so this might signal a shift towards more attacking football?)