Football: The odds are not even

polishgenius

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Be better if they had every trophy taken off them. 

The cups they will keep.

The league? Depends on how serious the other clubs are about eradicating financial cheating. And from what I've heard, there is zero appetite amongst them to allow Newcastle to do something similar.

So they may well be made an example of and stripped of those titles and thrown out of the league.

Edited by Spockydog

I doubt anything worse than a fine will come of the investigation against City. Should be clear by now that the only clubs bearing the brunt of FFP violations are ones that cannot afford to throw tens of millions at an army of lawyers. I wouldn't be surprised if government officials intervene on behalf of the UAE just like what happened when Saudi Arabia bought Newcastle. The Premier League has also well and truly sold out (they did so years ago).

That sounds indeed low for Mac Allister. 

As for Zlatan one of the great CFs of our generation, who had the misfortune to be playing at the same time as Messi and C. Ronaldo. Otherwise a Ballon d'Or would've been on the cards for him. Curious what he will do next. I could see him following a post playing career path similar to Cantona.  I don't see him as a head coach somewhere. 

39 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

As for Zlatan one of the great CFs of our generation, who had the misfortune to be playing at the same time as Messi and C. Ronaldo. Otherwise a Ballon d'Or would've been on the cards for him. Curious what he will do next. I could see him following a post playing career path similar to Cantona.  I don't see him as a head coach somewhere. 

Amazed that his highest finish was 4th.

Edited by BigFatCoward

FFS Stuttgart, you have one job...

An early 0-1 was not part of the deal. Can we get back to normal operating procedure grab an equalizer and then put a few more into the net for good measure. :unsure:

Was about to say that's more like it, alas fuck var.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That sounds indeed low for Mac Allister. 

Just like Lewandowski, Zlatan have always been accused of not being very good in the big, decisive games and I'm not sure Ronaldo and Messi not being there would have changed that (he even once played with Messi IIRC)

also, playing for Sweden is no boost in the race for a Ballon d'or