Watch, Watched, Watching: Start another thread already

TheLastWolf

3 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

Have you watched Severance? Great show. 

eta trailer 

Oooh I haven’t yet - thank you! It’s sci-fi isn’t it? Definitely my cup of tea. Waiting for my mum to be ready to watch Foundation but that’s on my list too. 

5 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Oooh I haven’t yet - thank you! It’s sci-fi isn’t it? Definitely my cup of tea. Waiting for my mum to be ready to watch Foundation but that’s on my list too. 

It is. Kind of a trippy sci-fi that put me in mind of The Twilight Zone at its best. 

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I actually love this film and I love Heigl. She’s gorgeous and could have chemistry with a plastic bag. I really miss seeing her in more stuff. 

That's why she must be that awful behind the scenes because on screen she's electric. I hadn't seen the film in years and it was amazing just how good she was in it. I haven't seen The Ugly Truth in ages, but she was great in that too IIRC. 

Might have to watch that again because I <3 Gerry more than @Mexal. Looking at the cast though it will always be weird to see Cheryl Hines. She looks damn near exactly like my ex-fiancé, just older. Showing her Curb for the first time was hilarious because she was like WTF? Her mom and sister had the same reaction.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Found Knocked up entirely forgettable

Give it a second chance. It's one of the better rom coms from that time. I don't think anything beats Forgetting Sarah Marshal, but it's pretty close to that. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's why she must be that awful behind the scenes because on screen she's electric. I hadn't seen the film in years and it was amazing just how good she was in it. I haven't seen The Ugly Truth in ages, but she was great in that too IIRC. 

Might have to watch that again because I <3 Gerry more than @Mexal. Looking at the cast though it will always be weird to see Cheryl Hines. She looks damn near exactly like my ex-fiancé, just older. Showing her Curb for the first time was hilarious because she was like WTF? Her mom and sister had the same reaction.

I take “difficult actress” with a real big pinch of salt. Don’t get me wrong, it could VERY much be true but I also think some actresses have been blacklisted for less than stellar reasons. 

21 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I take “difficult actress” with a real big pinch of salt. Don’t get me wrong, it could VERY much be true but I also think some actresses have been blacklisted for less than stellar reasons. 

It happens a lot, especially in yesteryear. However I do think this could be true with Heigl. I always subscribe to the idea that if you meet an asshole in the morning, you've met one. If you meet another in the afternoon you've met two. If you meet another in the evening, hey, maybe you're the asshole, and it sounds like the people she's interacted with mostly think she's the asshole. Doesn't mean she was always wrong, but if the majority of people who will speak publicly about working with you say you're difficult, to put it politely, you probably are. 

I agree though women get labeled like this way worse than men and suffer more for it. The stories about Brando would crack me up if it was just a Tropic Thunder style peak into Hollywood. It's amazing what he got away with despite him being about as awful on set as possible.  

Deadloch wrapped, and I'm sad. The funny slowed down a bit [naturally, murder show after all] but damn. I'd like to apologize if I've been using the c-word more often lately, Aussie programming eh.

29 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I didn't realize the final season of Jack Ryan was only going to be 6 episodes. Finished. They rushed it in the final episodes. Apparently there is a spinoff series in development with Michael Peña's character.

I've only watched E1 through 4 [though that's arguable; fell asleep during E3, and 4, tried to rewatch, fell asleep again] but Pena hasn't sold Chavez for me.

I should've known after S2, and Without Remorse [wtf was that]

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I agree though women get labeled like this way worse than men and suffer more for it. The stories about Brando would crack me up if it was just a Tropic Thunder style peak into Hollywood. It's amazing what he got away with despite him being about as awful on set as possible.  

Brando was a generational talent that will be talked about as a great for decades to come. He could probably get away with his behaviour because he was so good. Even then there are limits.

Im not sure anyone was calling Heigl a generational talent. If she acted badly she would be easily replaced by someone equally mediocre. There are plenty of examples of actors who just are pretty average and whose careers go off the boil because they just piss people off. 

Just now, polishgenius said:

Don't tear my heart to shreds! 

I'm hoping to see it tomorrow but I've been a bit sick this week so I might not be able to. 

Lol. I'm sorry you're sick!

It's getting excellent reviews, so think I might be in the minority with this one.

19 minutes ago, Raja said:

New mission impossible was mostly a nothing burger

Don’t listen to Raja, he’s never impressed with anything :P 

Just got out of it and it was wildly entertaining. Literally exactly what a MI movie is. Great movie.

1 minute ago, Raja said:

It's getting excellent reviews, so think I might be in the minority with this one.

Well I hope so. 

I think I food poisoned myself, which wasn't wise. Mostly over it, like. But still getting the strength back.

16 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I just assumed that that meant Heigl was telling a lot of producers that she wouldn't fuck them. 

17 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Also, it's obviously true that many actresses have been blacklisted for disgusting reasons and also that even just bad behaviour gets more tolerated in men, generally, as far as I can tell the majority of the damage to Heigl's career came off the back of publicly slamming her two biggest projects- Grey's Anatomy and Knocked Up- while promoting them.