Diablo 4

Relic

51 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I think the game could have used a better tutorial for sure.

I got a message that I couldnt' carry any more Mummering Obols or whatever they are called the other day and I still have no idea what they are or how to use them.

Those will get you legendary gear faster. Value them and once you're at like 80% of what you can hold spend them all.

11 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Does armour count for the druid even while you're shapeshifted?

I told you, don't shapeshift yet. That's for the later part of the game. Once you can you'll be a monster and go wearbear when it's time. And yes it should count, to answer your question. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Curious how the servers will hold up when it launches for everyone in fifteen minutes. I think I'll make that new character now.

Oh shit, thought that was tomorrow. BTW we should all add each other. Grouping up is still kind of weird. I did another one of those timed events a bit ago and despite having 10 or so people in it we failed pretty badly. 

I'm Dekoms #1803

Edited by Tywin et al.

48 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh shit, thought that was tomorrow. BTW we should all add each other. Grouping up is still kind of weird. I did another one of those timed events a bit ago and despite having 10 or so people in it we failed pretty badly. 

I'm Dekoms #1803

You should have a request from Hypnogoat#1719

16 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Accepted.

And now I'm pissed to learn someone stole our old clan name. Guess none of us really played D3 for a long time, but it's the principal that counts. RIP Tyrant. 

Well, I worked through the weekend and finally have tonight (and tomorrow) off before it's back into the breach. So I caved and bought it. Going Druid specifically Pulverize for now, will follow the Maxroll build guide as I trust that site and I've seen it looking fun on some twitch streams. I don't mind a slower progression at first (that's literally my account name) and I enjoy the lore and tinkering a lot with my first playthrough. I probably won't hit 50 for weeks.

Has there been any indication from Blizzard as to when an official Diablo 4 soundtrack release might drop? Don't know if the more boutique versions of the game include any kind of score CD or anything...

A couple tips: Exploration is really helpful. In world tier II you can get 10 skill points and five extra potion uses via the map rewards. Just running around the different regions uncovering the map and activating waypoints will give you those renown points. Do some side quest and dungeons that have aspects you want and you can claim these for all your characters.

The consumable potions all seem to give at least 5% exp bonus, which can't hurt with leveling. I try to remember to always have one on. 

13 hours ago, RumHam said:

Curious how the servers will hold up when it launches for everyone in fifteen minutes. I think I'll make that new character now.

There's been a lot of lag for me in areas where there's a lot of players running around but that's probably  the fault of shitty South African internet.

14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm Dekoms #1803

13 hours ago, RumHam said:

Sent requests.  Kyrop#1256

16 hours ago, RumHam said:

It's a special currency, spent at the "purveyor of curiosities" a ghostly looking vendor in the larger towns. Look for those vendor icons on the map. You pick a class of equipment and roll the dice to see what you'll get. It's a good way to get legendaries. 

Yeah… I got a bunch of blues and a couple grays

Level 44 and my main is shaping into one hell of a Barb. Got a bunch of leg Aspects, some for defense, a few for dmg that kind of stack off each other, and, one that gives me an extra charge of my Weapon Master skill Deathblow.

Whew. Gostyata truly kicking ass out there.

edit: anyone know if we'll get Companions down the road like D3 or nah

Edited by JGP

Got my son up and running in there today.  He wanted to be a Barb, so I broke out my newish Druid to play.  Got him up to 14 while we were playing.  So I got the wolves and I can start to see how @Tywin et al. has fallen in love.  There was a fight where my son popped challenging shout and all the mobs gathered on him while my tornadoes tore through them and we got the accomplishment for killing 30 mobs in less than 5 seconds.  Something I definitely never had a chance to do solo as a Barb yet.  Also see a nice synergy in there with the wolves and the tornados where I got the upgraded tornados that cause slowed status while the wolves have an upgrade to do 20% more damage to slowed enemies.  

Since I haven't followed Ty's guide yet on the Druid set up, I have the bear Roar or whatever its called.  It actually synced nicely with the Barb's challenging shout.  I roar to reduce damage by 70% and he shouts to attract all attention and reduce damage to himself by 40%.  I can see how that will work nicely together.

49 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Since I haven't followed Ty's guide yet on the Druid set up, I have the bear Roar or whatever its called.  It actually synced nicely with the Barb's challenging shout.  I roar to reduce damage by 70% and he shouts to attract all attention and reduce damage to himself by 40%.  I can see how that will work nicely together.

Follow the guide. It shows you how to allocate skills and how they combo with one another. In my mid 20's I was doing quests other people in their 40's were doing. 

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Follow the guide. It shows you how to allocate skills and how they combo with one another. In my mid 20's I was doing quests other people in their 40's were doing. 

Depends which chains you're chasing as to when and where, Ty lol

The Quests scale.

Edited by JGP

23 minutes ago, JGP said:

Depends which chains you're chasing as to when and where, Ty lol

The Quests scale.

Yeah, that was neat. I started a Necro yesterday and was doing things with my wife's toon who was lvl 36 - and I was lvl 11. And we went and did instances and she said she was gaining levels, getting appropriate gear and having fun while we were both contributing and working together. It was much easier together too. They did a real good job of being able to make things fun while not being either just carried and things too damn easy for one person and useless for them, or being too hard for the newbie. 

Got this today been running a rogue and druid while working.

So honestly I forget the convoluted lore to D3.  Are Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal back alive in this?  It seems Lilith and Inarius are the big bads but werent they minor chars in D2? Well at least Lilith was.

48 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I found this druid leveling guide on the same page I looked up a Barb guide.  They seem to drop tornado and just go for a full on army of companions.  Interesting all the different ways to play.