Diablo 4

Relic

7 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

They did a real good job of being able to make things fun while not being either just carried and things too damn easy for one person and useless for them, or being too hard for the newbie. 

Yeah, quite happy with the game thus far. Having lots of fun.

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I found this druid leveling guide on the same page I looked up a Barb guide.  They seem to drop tornado and just go for a full on army of companions.  Interesting all the different ways to play.

The one I linked does both and makes you super tanky. Early on at least you really just need a point or two in a bunch of different things.

And for bit now I've had the item that makes tornado target people instead of just being random. 

On 6/3/2023 at 12:44 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I'm following this guide:

It's incredibly strong.

Watched the guide.  Like it too.  More caster focused with the summons than the one I saw on the page.

Both of them say goodbye to my bear transform though... which I like because its awesome to be a bear.  :(  LOL

I'm level 52 with my necromancer, still haven't finished Act II. I guess I should beat the story though and unlock world tier three. According to one of the loading screen that's when you start getting "unique" class items. I'm thinking they can't litterally be unique, right? Like one guy gets the perfect item for your build and you never have a chance of getting it? 

Also @Tywin et al. I assume the "flawless" gems and whatnot start dropping on the higher world tiers too. I still can't get past plain emeralds. 

Anyway it's a lot more fun to play as my level 19 sorcerer and level up constantly and get to play with the skill tree. Paragon points aren't as exciting. 

Does anyone know anything about the glyphs and nightmare dungeons? I've almost unlocked a glyph slot.

45 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Watched the guide.  Like it too.  More caster focused with the summons than the one I saw on the page.

Both of them say goodbye to my bear transform though... which I like because its awesome to be a bear.  :(  LOL

The bear is for when you get later in the game and it's why I keep hearing druids are the best late game toon (there's a debate with barbs because of the item slots, but the videos I've listened to tend to lean towards the druid). The nice part about this build is you don't actually have to work that hard while it crushes everything in front of you. I'm lucky because I have three items that all give shields plus the two you naturally have so I don't take much damage. Really the only downside is you're slow as fuck getting from place to place.

39 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm level 52 with my necromancer, still haven't finished Act II. I guess I should beat the story though and unlock world tier three. According to one of the loading screen that's when you start getting "unique" class items. I'm thinking they can't litterally be unique, right? Like one guy gets the perfect item for your build and you never have a chance of getting it? 

Also @Tywin et al. I assume the "flawless" gems and whatnot start dropping on the higher world tiers too. I still can't get past plain emeralds. 

Anyway it's a lot more fun to play as my level 19 sorcerer and level up constantly and get to play with the skill tree. Paragon points aren't as exciting. 

Does anyone know anything about the glyphs and nightmare dungeons? I've almost unlocked a glyph slot.

I just got past 40 and the plains do help. I have a tough time moving on from my weapon because it's DPS isn't amazing, but it gives +50% basic, +20% core and + 20% to vulnerable rounding up and the above build is all about doing those kinds of damage while letting your pets do a bunch and increasing them further. 

I now have a decent amount of legendary shit in my stash. Are you grinding them or trying to take their stats?

Also, has anyone seen a set item yet?

I've deconstructed a bunch. Extracting them all would be too expensive, so I only do the skills that fit my build. I just try to keep in mind what peice of equipment is my weakest link and look for something with better base stats, then graft on the special attribute I want. 

Okay... so here's a stupid question I guess.

Playing on the Deck (so think controller) I get six skill slots.  

With the druid, that means I have the strike and the tornados mapped to two face buttons.  The Earth Bulwark to the third.  (Dash is the fourth).  Then you have one shoulder button is the potion, and the three summons take up the other three.

I'm low enough level currently that covers all of them.  But what do you do when you level up higher and want to have other skills to use?

Also, as a lifelong Playstation fanboy, let me just say that the Deck using the XBox/Windows format of primarily the RT/RB and LT/LB instead of R1/R2 and L1/L2 makes gaming very difficult for me at times.  :lol:  I have no idea what a Trigger is versus a Bumper and I'm constantly pressing the wrong button.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

I've deconstructed a bunch. Extracting them all would be too expensive, so I only do the skills that fit my build. I just try to keep in mind what peice of equipment is my weakest link and look for something with better base stats, then graft on the special attribute I want. 

Can you keep using the same attribute for different equipment, or is it a one-off?

4 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Can you keep using the same attribute for different equipment, or is it a one-off?

You can from the ones you get in the dungeons. 

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

With the druid, that means I have the strike and the tornados mapped to two face buttons.  The Earth Bulwark to the third.  (Dash is the fourth).  Then you have one shoulder button is the potion, and the three summons take up the other three.

I'm on a PC, but you should be able to have you basic and core skill, EB, dash, pots and three minions. 

6 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

The aspects you extract from equipment are one offs. The aspects that you unlock for completing dungeons that are viewable on your collections page are reusable. 

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I'm low enough level currently that covers all of them.  But what do you do when you level up higher and want to have other skills to use?

Also, as a lifelong Playstation fanboy, let me just say that the Deck using the XBox/Windows format of primarily the RT/RB and LT/LB instead of R1/R2 and L1/L2 makes gaming very difficult for me at times.  :lol:  I have no idea what a Trigger is versus a Bumper and I'm constantly pressing the wrong button.

It seems we only get six skills. I seem to remember one of the other games had a button that would swap your skills to another set? This game doesn't have that. 

If you hit the steam button and go right to the controller config you can remap any button to any other button, or even combinations of buttons. It's one of the steam deck's best features. So if you're not already used to Diablo playing how it is, you might consider swapping it so the triggers tell the game you hit the corresponding bumper, and vise versa. 

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm on a PC, but you should be able to have you basic and core skill, EB, dash, pots and three minions. 

Right, but in that video, does it not show taking more skills after that?  Like another shield or something?

12 minutes ago, JGP said:

Finally got my Mount. Giddy up.

You bastard! I want my pony!!!

Man, that red quest I just did in the Halls of Assembly was insanely hard.

Oh damn, I just got an ammy that adds 15% to all my damage.

Edited by Tywin et al.

Just now, Rhom said:

Right, but in that video, does it not show taking more skills after that?  Like another shield or something?

No, it's just your basic, core, the one shield and three pets. The rest are passives that boost you. You don't use any of them, they just apply. Like for example one after you put three skills into it gives your pets 30% more damage. Right now mine do about 5k if I trigger them correctly at the same time and that's before whatever the bonus damage I have is.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

This has been answered already, but it should be noted that the Aspects [whether from your Codex or ripped from Legs] can only be put in certain slots [it lists them] however, those that can be imprinted on 2H weapons doubles the affix, and those you can put into amulets increase the affix efficacy by 50%

Edited by JGP

Decided to be part of the gaming zeitgiest for the first time in a while and picked this up too. I've gone through the prologue as both a rogue (melee) and sorcerer (ice) and I can't decide between them which I want to stick with. 

6 hours ago, Relic said:

Man, world tier 3 and suddenly I'm getting smoked. Game just got hard. 

I’m just about done the Campaign in Tier II, my Barb is level 50. 

Not sure I want to slide into Tier III until I’ve maxed out my ability points [58 is max, with exploration Renown] and climbed up the Paragon tree a bit [isn’t that shit a trip, spent an hour or so last night theory crafting] 

Also, even though my gear is all Legs it’s not entirely optimized for my build, stat wise. It’s also only like mid to high lvl 40 gear, which I doubt is good enough for TIII solo.

I mean, I did one of those random mini dungeons that are scattered throughout Sanctuary and the fucking Butcher was in there. In TII he was fucking me up— couple lucky health pot drops saved my Barb’s hairy ass. 

So yeah, really need to gear up. Playing with other people helps too, but I actually like soloing this kind of shit.