Was the Corpse Queen a Weirwood?

Corvo the Crow

Title. This is very short I doubt that I could find too many supporting evidence for it, nor do I have the time to make such a search, so here it goes.

Brandon the Broken, a Stark, is going to be wed to a tree, just as Brynden Bloodraven is wed to one

Something about the look of it made Bran feel ill. The red veins were only weirwood sap, he supposed, but in the torchlight they looked remarkably like blood. He dipped the spoon into the paste, then hesitated. "Will this make me a greenseer?"

"Your blood makes you a greenseer," said Lord Brynden. "This will help awaken your gifts and wed you to the trees."

Bran did want to be married to a tree … but who else would wed a broken boy like him? A thousand eyes, a hundred skins, wisdom deep as the roots of ancient trees. A greenseer.

Could Night's King, who was most likely a bastard brother to Brandon the Breaker, and has given his soul and... SEED to a corpse queen have married to a tree like Bran?

To be clear, I think that she was indeed a White Walker, an Other and that I don't buy into theories such as White Walkers are actualy weirwood younglings who are able to roam around, but she may have been a tree in the sense that she was a greenseer and all the blood sacrifices going on reminds, well, the blood sacrifices such as this:

Then, as he watched, a bearded man forced a captive down onto his knees before the heart tree. A white-haired woman stepped toward them through a drift of dark red leaves, a bronze sickle in her hand.

"No," said Bran, "no, don't," but they could not hear him, no more than his father had. The woman grabbed the captive by the hair, hooked the sickle round his throat, and slashed. And through the mist of centuries the broken boy could only watch as the man's feet drummed against the earth … but as his life flowed out of him in a red tide, Brandon Stark could taste the blood.

I'm not sure. Because she would be 'cold', I don't think she would be 'decaying' in the same way Bloodraven is which allows him to fuse with the tree. Ice preserves and so forth, so I think it would be hard for her to access the transformative 'state' needed to bond with the tree.

The Corpse Queen was Arya Stark in her previous life.  The trees are strongly connected to the Stark family, the Others, and the Children of the Forest.  The role will be reversed in this time because it will be Jon who will be the Corpse King at the Nights Watch.  Arya the Stark will be drawn to this bloodless creature who was once Jon Snow. 

25 minutes ago, Bowen 747 said:

The Corpse Queen was Arya Stark in her previous life.

Evidence?

The role will be reversed in this time because it will be Jon who will be the Corpse King at the Nights Watch. 

Proof?

Arya the Stark will be drawn to this bloodless creature who was once Jon Snow.

Why would Arya be interested in her brother (cousin)? She's not a Targaryen. Nor is she a necrophile. Also she is eleven.

18 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Title. This is very short I doubt that I could find too many supporting evidence for it, nor do I have the time to make such a search, so here it goes.

Brandon the Broken, a Stark, is going to be wed to a tree, just as Brynden Bloodraven is wed to one

Could Night's King, who was most likely a bastard brother to Brandon the Breaker, and has given his soul and... SEED to a corpse queen have married to a tree like Bran?

To be clear, I think that she was indeed a White Walker, an Other and that I don't buy into theories such as White Walkers are actualy weirwood younglings who are able to roam around, but she may have been a tree in the sense that she was a greenseer and all the blood sacrifices going on reminds, well, the blood sacrifices such as this:

So by "tree" and "weirwood" you don't mean an actual tree and weirwood but a human greenseer linked to trees and weirwoods like Bloodraven? Certainly possible, but I'm sticking with my working theory that she was some kind of undead, and their last son was rescued before his sacrifice and is still alive today mucking with mere mortals' games of thrones.

1 hour ago, John Suburbs said:

So by "tree" and "weirwood" you don't mean an actual tree and weirwood but a human greenseer linked to trees and weirwoods like Bloodraven?

Unless the corpse queen was the tree and the NK was the greenseer.  It may be a stretch, but we do have a handfull of redheaded women in this story and a couple of times they get likened to wierwood trees ( I think that Cat, Sansa, Mel, Lysa, Ygritte and Val all get at least one look where they're described with WW like imagery). As LML has suggested, Cat's death at the red wedding may show us another wedding between a greenseer (played by Jinglebell Aegon Frey) and a wierwood tree (played by Cat).   

21 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I'm not sure. Because she would be 'cold', I don't think she would be 'decaying' in the same way Bloodraven is which allows him to fuse with the tree. Ice preserves and so forth, so I think it would be hard for her to access the transformative 'state' needed to bond with the tree.

But do the seers need to be overgrown with trees or it just happens because they just lay/sit/stand there doing nothing?

19 hours ago, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

I’m not sure about Others being young Weirwood trees, but I do think they come from the Weirwood Trees. I think they are the spirits of Greenseers of the past. 

But how do they materialize? White Walkers are Weirwood saplings was a theory I saw here, but we see some smaller weirwoods and likely even weirwoods which were planted long after the Wall was in place so that theory makes little sense.

4 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

So by "tree" and "weirwood" you don't mean an actual tree and weirwood but a human greenseer linked to trees and weirwoods like Bloodraven? Certainly possible, but I'm sticking with my working theory that she was some kind of undead, and their last son was rescued before his sacrifice and is still alive today mucking with mere mortals' games of thrones.

Well, not a human but an Other/White Walker greenseer and not linked in the physical sense, at least initially, if what you mean by Bloodraven is that.

Lord Commander could also be the wood here to the Corpse Queen's greenseer because, well, the seeding process involved. But having mentioned Bloodraven and his "link", How is the Blackgate, made of Weirwood, able to speak? Could it be that it has a greenseer bound to it?

2 hours ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Unless the corpse queen was the tree and the NK was the greenseer.  It may be a stretch, but we do have a handfull of redheaded women in this story and a couple of times they get likened to wierwood trees ( I think that Cat, Sansa, Mel, Lysa, Ygritte and Val all get at least one look where they're described with WW like imagery). As LML has suggested, Cat's death at the red wedding may show us another wedding between a greenseer (played by Jinglebell Aegon Frey) and a wierwood tree (played by Cat).   

Good that you mentioned her. I should've mentioned in the original post, Jon, a NW commander, marries to a Weirwood as well. 

Then Ghost emerged from between two trees, with Val beside him.
They look as though they belong together. Val was clad all in white; white woolen breeches tucked into high boots of bleached white leather, white bearskin cloak pinned at the shoulder with a carved weirwood face, white tunic with bone fastenings. Her breath was white as well … but her eyes were blue, her long braid the color of dark honey, her cheeks flushed red from the cold. It had been a long while since Jon Snow had seen a sight so lovely.

Val's weirwood Imagery is quite obvious here, white body, red face she even bears a Weirwood sigil. If say, Cersei a member of House Lannister which has a lion as it's sigil is a lioness, then Val whose sigil is a Weirwood is, well, a Weirwood and not to mention that she and Ghost who resembles a Weirwood, belong together. Not only does Ghost remind us of a weirwood by the way he looks but Jon himself explicitly states that Ghost, who belongs to Val, belongs to the Old Gods. 

You can't be the Lord of Winterfell, you're bastard-born, he heard Robb say again. And the stone kings were growling at him with granite tongues. You do not belong here. This is not your place. When Jon closed his eyes he saw the heart tree, with its pale limbs, red leaves, and solemn face. The weirwood was the heart of Winterfell, Lord Eddard always said . . . but to save the castle Jon would have to tear that heart up by its ancient roots, and feed it to the red woman's hungry fire god. I have no right, he thought. Winterfell belongs to the old gods.

For the Marriage, below:

28 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

But do the seers need to be overgrown with trees or it just happens because they just lay/sit/stand there doing nothing?

I just have this vague idea that you need to be 'alive' to bond with the tree. For example I don't think Beric could do it. Though if the Corpse Queen was an Other and not a (dead) Wight then maybe.

Edited by Craving Peaches

38 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I just have this vague idea that you need to be 'alive' to bond with the tree. For example I don't think Beric could do it. Though if the Corpse Queen was an Other and not a (dead) Wight then maybe.

I think at one point they killed them 'into' the tree.  That's inferring from Bran's vision of the man who's throat was slit in front of a wierwood and the fact that Cat scourges her own face after killing Aegon and tasting his blood as it ran over her fingers (wich is reflected in Bran tasting the blood of the 'sacrifice' in front of the wierwood in his vision) and finally her laughing as though Aegon's madness was now her madness, or as though Aegon was now within her and a face was carved. Clearly though, this was not what was done with Bloodraven and doesn't appear to be in the cards for Bran.

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

Ah, but dead still live in both the trees and animals and from what we see, I think they are able to jump from animal to animal even after their non animal body has died long ago and that they've never bonded with the new animal during their original life time.

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

If the Corpse Queen was really a weirwood, wouldn't she be a Copse Queen?   :dunno:

That's a weird wood if I've ever seen one. 

10 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

The Corpse Queen was Arya Stark in her previous life.  The trees are strongly connected to the Stark family, the Others, and the Children of the Forest.  The role will be reversed in this time because it will be Jon who will be the Corpse King at the Nights Watch.  Arya the Stark will be drawn to this bloodless creature who was once Jon Snow. 

So you suggest that Corpse Queen went back in time? Interesting. Did she use a Delorean at least?

On 6/5/2023 at 4:23 PM, Corvo the Crow said:

Spirits of the dead Starks were absorbed into the Weirwoods and their memories recorded.  The tree network absorb the memories of the humans.  The Starks had pacts with the Others and the trees.  They kill and feed human blood to the trees.  They give human babies to the Others.  In exchange for warging and skin changing abilities.  The corpse queen was the rare human female, must have been a daughter of House Stark, who was turned into an Other.  Two Stark daughters remain, Sansa and Arya.  One of the girls will get turned into an Other and wed Jon Snow. 

When Starks and Barrowkings still were only petty kings most powerful military force in the North was NW. So it is possible that either daughter or sister of ruling Barrow King tried to gain support of NW by seducing their commander and she gained tittle as CQ bc victorious Starks rewrote history after her scheme had failed.

2 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

When Starks and Barrowkings still were only petty kings most powerful military force in the North was NW. So it is possible that either daughter or sister of ruling Barrow King tried to gain support of NW by seducing their commander and she gained tittle as CQ bc victorious Starks rewrote history after her scheme had failed.

We don't know the strength of NW at that time. Starks were the force that built the Wall and NW. No need to erase her identity, if anything, it would be good propaganda against the Barrowlanders to keep her as who she really is. 

6 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

We don’t know the exact strength of the Night’s Watch but they were commanded by the Night’s King, who was a Stark and was cast down by a Stark, so claiming the Starks were “only” petty kings seems kinda silly to me.

7 hours ago, Mourning Star said:

We don’t know the exact strength of the Night’s Watch but they were commanded by the Night’s King, who was a Stark and was cast down by a Stark, so claiming the Starks were “only” petty kings seems kinda silly to me.

11 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

We don't know the strength of NW at that time. Starks were the force that built the Wall and NW. No need to erase her identity, if anything, it would be good propaganda against the Barrowlanders to keep her as who she really is. 

Actually we do not know name of NK and Starks needed to ally with King Beyond the Wall to eliminate him. Besides we do not know who actually build the wall. So it is possible that claim that the wall was build by Brandon Stark could by propaganda of Starks. Or they made that claim after their conquest whole North. After all it is possible that NK was last king of dynasty that actually build and maintained the wall. So by eliminating identity of NK they also erased competing dynasty from history.

Or "modern" NW was founded by Starks after death of NK and why myth about him claim that he was only commander of NW was part of Stark propaganda to tarnish his reputation and erase his dynasty. That could also be real reason why we do not know identity of Last Hero. After all if NK was descendant of LH some might think that dynasty founded by LH would have better claim to the North than Starks.

Totally another thing is that Barrow Kings could resist power of Winterfell hundreds of years and Red Kings thousands. Besides 2 RK sacked WF and we do not know when Umbers lost their crown. So Starks were not able totally dominate the North until maybe thousand of years after death of NK.

12 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

Actually we do not know name of NK and Starks needed to ally with King Beyond the Wall to eliminate him. Besides we do not know who actually build the wall. So it is possible that claim that the wall was build by Brandon Stark could by propaganda of Starks. Or they made that claim after their conquest whole North. After all it is possible that NK was last king of dynasty that actually build and maintained the wall. So by eliminating identity of NK they also erased competing dynasty from history.

Since the only tale of the Night’s King we get came from Old Nan, and she says he was a Stark, I think we do know.

Im all for questioning ancient histories, but we need to have some basis that can be relied on. When there is conflicting information, that’s a reason to be suspicious. But when we only get one source, and that source is old Nan, I have to believe her.

Or "modern" NW was founded by Starks after death of NK and why myth about him claim that he was only commander of NW was part of Stark propaganda to tarnish his reputation and erase his dynasty.

Sorry, not sure what you are trying to say here.

That could also be real reason why we do not know identity of Last Hero. After all if NK was descendant of LH some might think that dynasty founded by LH would have better claim to the North than Starks.

The Night’s King was a Stark, the brother of the Stark in Winterfell.

What makes you think the Last Hero wasn’t a Stark or Stark ancestor?

Totally another thing is that Barrow Kings could resist power of Winterfell hundreds of years and Red Kings thousands. Besides 2 RK sacked WF and we do not know when Umbers lost their crown. So Starks were not able totally dominate the North until maybe thousand of years after death of NK.

Where are you getting 2 Red Kings sacking Winterfell?

As for the consolidation of the seven kingdoms from the hundred kingdoms, that just seems like the historical timeline… is there some other king consolidating land faster that you are using for a comparison?

Edited by Mourning Star