Alternate History: Mountainslayer

Alden Rothack

The mountain would deny it and demand a trial by combat, he would also deny any orders by tywin.

Ned being honourable will take the peasants at their word and the word of the sers he sent to capture him and order him killed or to go to the wall..no trial!

All bullys are cowards so hel plead to go to the wall instead (ned would grant) or attempt to kill ned on the spot  and the kingsguard, goldcloaks and stark personal would cut him down...eventualy

Sandor will leave jofs service to eother go brood at his her home at house clegane or go wander essos as a sellsword

Doran and oberyn hear of the news amd adjust  their plans, tywin cant be easily gotten out of casterly rock...most likely now the red viper goes to kl to try and antagonise tywin to leave by messing with jamie, cersei,lancel  or even tyrion etc

1 minute ago, astarkchoice said:

The mountain would deny it and demand a trial by combat, he would also deny any orders by tywin.

agreed

Ned being honourable will take the peasants at their word and the word of the sers he sent to capture him and order him killed or to go to the wall..no trial!

Ned would grant it and appoint either whoever beat him in order to capture him or another volunteer, Loras might suggest the hound as further reward for saving his life.

All bullys are cowards so hel plead to go to the wall instead (ned would grant) or attempt to kill ned on the spot  and the kingsguard, goldcloaks and stark personal would cut him down...eventualy

The Mountain might well try and kill Ned, it was touch and go at the torney whether he would attack Robert.

Sandor will leave jofs service to eother go brood at his her home at house clegane or go wander essos as a sellsword

agree if he doesn't either serve as champion or go after the mountain should he choose the wall and die attacking him.

Doran and oberyn hear of the news amd adjust  their plans, tywin cant be easily gotten out of casterly rock...most likely now the red viper goes to kl to try and antagonise tywin to leave by messing with jamie, cersei,lancel  or even tyrion etc

Agree, i'd quite like to see Jaime fight Oberyn for a number of reasons

51 minutes ago, Alden Rothack said:

agreed

Ned would grant it and appoint either whoever beat him in order to capture him or another volunteer, Loras might suggest the hound as further reward for saving his life.

The Mountain might well try and kill Ned, it was touch and go at the torney whether he would attack Robert.

agree if he doesn't either serve as champion or go after the mountain should he choose the wall and die attacking him.

Agree, i'd quite like to see Jaime fight Oberyn for a number of reasons

Agree with most but id say ned would deny him the right of combat. The trial is where theres some.doubt for the gods to choose whos lying.

The mountain would of course say his word as an annointed knight is worth more than a few peasants and of course ned would stand up for them...then  remind him as well that a few annointed knights the band that went after him saw him at his massacring so a trial isnt needed.

As for how hed be brought in id def say loras is more than capable. Hes arguably the best lance in the kingdom which means hed probably meet gregor while.both are on horseback and knock him senseless to the ground or even pierce armour with a battle.lance as one of berics deaths went. In combat grmm lists him as one of the strongest fighters and best swordsmen.

Jamie vs oberyn would be interesting

Edited by astarkchoice

2 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

Agree with most but id say ned would deny him the right of combat. The trial is where theres some.doubt for the gods to choose whos lying.

The mountain would of course say his word as an annointed knight is worth more than a few peasants and of course ned would stand up for them...then  remind him as well that a few annointed knights the band that went after him saw him at his massacring so a trial isnt needed.

As for how hed be brought in id def say loras is more than capable. Hes arguably the best lance in the kingdom which means hed probably meet gregor while.both are on horseback and knock him senseless to the ground or even pierce armour with a battle.lance as one of berics deaths went. In combat grmm lists him as one of the strongest fighters and best swordsmen.

Loras against the mountain would be interesting

2 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

Jamie vs oberyn would be interesting

I also agree

I don’t see Loras beating The Mountain.  He beat him in game, by playing within the rules but clearly was gaming the system.  In open battle Ser Gregor could perhaps be unhorsed.  However, he would cleave through Loras and his mare on a second pass.  Without a true brute like Sandor in the fight Ser Gregor wins any battle.

1 hour ago, Otatop1000 said:

I don’t see Loras beating The Mountain.  He beat him in game, by playing within the rules but clearly was gaming the system.  In open battle Ser Gregor could perhaps be unhorsed.  However, he would cleave through Loras and his mare on a second pass.  Without a true brute like Sandor in the fight Ser Gregor wins any battle.

Being unhorsed with a war lance isnt the same as a jousting one though , and if hes alive/not oit cold for a 2nd pass that 2nd lance may be left sticking out of him! 

On the ground we are told loras is one  of the strongest fighters and best swordsmen in westeros by grmm himself..and its his world! Let him use an axe and battlestar and a single.shot could end gregor too

Loras himself professes that his brother Ser Garlan is better sword fighter.  However that could be Loras humbling himself.  I believe the Bearded Minstrel said somewhere at some point (another great citing on my part) that there is no best sword, anyone could beat anyone on a given day.  But google has him quoted saying Ser Arthur, Ser Jaime, and then Brienne the Beauty, as best.  How Sandor isn’t listed is amazing to me.

5 hours ago, Otatop1000 said:

Loras himself professes that his brother Ser Garlan is better sword fighter.  However that could be Loras humbling himself.  I believe the Bearded Minstrel said somewhere at some point (another great citing on my part) that there is no best sword, anyone could beat anyone on a given day.  But google has him quoted saying Ser Arthur, Ser Jaime, and then Brienne the Beauty, as best.  How Sandor isn’t listed is amazing to me.

Ser Barristan, The Hound, Ser Jaime, Brienne, Garlan (supposedly) and Loras in order of effectiveness as of Roberts death

obviously some of them decline and some of them improve later on.

If poor Loras is killed by the Mountain it probably galvanises the Tyrells against the Lannisters, so when Renly dies they don't support them. Having said that, if Loras dies at that stage Renly might not die in the first place due to all the ripples it creates. Either way, it would not be good for the Lannisters.