Trailer Thread: Reeling them in.

polishgenius

What an amazing, A-list cast...  in such a B-movie premise.   I'm going to guess the part at the end when Bryce goes into to meet the real Agent Argylle, it's not Henry Cavill, but Jason Sudeikis.

Edited by SpaceChampion

9 hours ago, Myrddin said:

I just came to post Argylle trailer. Looks like a fun movie. 

Interesting too. This was not what I was expecting. 

7 hours ago, polishgenius said:

This is the first time since Stardust in 2007 that Vaughn has made a film with no connection to the work of Mark Millar. I'm hoping that break gets him out of the slump the last two Kingsman films have been

Ugh. Tell me about it. I really did not like the prequel they did.

If Ralph Fiennes is going to have a gay crisis, it needs to be with a much more handsome man than Rhys Ifans dressed up like Rasputin. Also that movie ripped off League of Extraordinary Gentlemen a little bit. 

The first Kingsman movie had such amazing energy and freedom and was just so enjoyable.

The second Kingsman movie is maybe one of the most outrageously awful movies I think I've ever seen. It was like it was written and directed by a teenage boy who was let out of school for the day. I hate it with every fibre of my being.

The prequel thing I last 10 minutes before realising it was just meh and not worth my time.

I just imagine Matthew Vaughn as this talented young director who got caught up going to parties, hanging with the wrong crowd, smashing it up on cocaine and turning up late to shoots to get the bare minimum done and forcing everyone to go along with his ideas. I have no idea if any of that is close to the truth but that's how his latest movies make me feel.

The Beguiled was a good film, and a rare example of Southern Gothic these days, and On the Rocks is even better, so that's a nonsense claim.

Lost in Translation is her last truly great film, though. But what a great film!

I'm looking forward to Priscilla, personally, I think it's the kind of subject she'll have a great handle on.

9 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Bro she hasn’t made a good movie since Lost in Translation. Or did you actually enjoy the cringefest known as bling ring ?

Yeah I did quite like Bling Ring actually, definitely not top tier from her but was interesting. I also very much liked Marie Antoinette, which I can watch every time it’s on tv. Somewhere was quite good, and I loved Virgin Suicides. She’s not at her dads level but she’s always someone who’s movies are worth watching.

37 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

This conversation reminded me that I haven't actually seen a Sofia Coppola film since Lost in Translation...

No, you inadvertently made the right decision, stick to it. 

53 minutes ago, Ran said:

On the Rocks is even better,.

Lost in Translation is her last truly great film, though. But what a great film!

I'm looking forward to Priscilla, personally, I think it's the kind of subject she'll have a great handle on.

On the rocks felt like a weaker version of lost in translation and all her other work I’ve seen devolves into meandering nothingness that borders on pretentiousness (oh look at all these tough problems these privileged people are having !) I think she’s a decent director as long as she ain’t writing the script cause her writing has definitely deteriorated over time. 

51 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yeah I did quite like Bling Ring actually, definitely not top tier from her but was interesting. I also very much liked Marie Antoinette, which I can watch every time it’s on tv. Somewhere was quite good, and I loved Virgin Suicides. She’s not at her dads level but she’s always someone who’s movies are worth watching.

Even Coppola is making crap nowdays unfortunately, same with Brian De Palma.Only Spielberg and Scorsese are still consistent in quality from that generation of brat pack filmmakers IMO.