Trailer Thread: Reeling them in.

polishgenius

On 7/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I actually kind of enjoyed the first season of this when it was a little more low key. The ramp up to the final lost me but going to have to finish now. Love me some Giamatti.

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

A Big Fantasy Film from India.

Fucking Dune ripoff. 

3 hours ago, IlyaP said:

I am very excited for this. It looks fucking glorious. 

Not when you know what lows the cast and crew have stooped to in the past. Just high bidget now. Monkey with a garland, the idiom goes.

Hate it when these empty money loaded ripoffs pass off for what's Indian cinema to the west, overshadowing the true diamonds. Satyajit Ray is positively rolling in his grave, or wherever his ashes were cremated. 

13 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Fucking Dune ripoff. 

Can you provide some detail as to this? :cheers: 

I was hoping it wasn't going to be another RRR, which shoehorned in Hindi nationalist propaganda.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Can you provide some detail as to this? :cheers: 

Visual, surely its in plain sight! Won't be the first or last time Hollywood gets borrowed

And I wouldn't worry about the plot. With these cases there usually isn't one.

If you really root for Indian films, check out the MUBI essentials 

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

was hoping it wasn't going to be another RRR, which shoehorned in Hindi nationalist propaganda

Hindu*. And no, this one looks to milk the spectacle cash cow 

ETA

But you can expect the atmosphere like the Christian undertones in LOTR etc since each its own place of origin

Edited by TheLastWolf

21 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Fucking Dune ripoff. 

Not when you know what lows the cast and crew have stooped to in the past. Just high bidget now. Monkey with a garland, the idiom goes.

Hate it when these empty money loaded ripoffs pass off for what's Indian cinema to the west, overshadowing the true diamonds. Satyajit Ray is positively rolling in his grave, or wherever his ashes were cremated. 

I lack a lot of context here. Any chance I could tempt you to expatiate upon this? 

8 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Visual, surely its in plain sight! Won't be the first or last time Hollywood gets borrowed

And I wouldn't worry about the plot. With these cases there usually isn't one.

If you really root for Indian films, check out the MUBI essentials 

Hindu*. And no, this one looks to milk the spectacle cash cow 

ETA

But you can expect the atmosphere like the Christian undertones in LOTR etc since each its own place of origin

It says volumes on the stupidity of the awards shows when Tumbbad dosent even get nominated as foreign entry for the oscars, and subpar films like RRR and slumdog get drooled on.