The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need, or Even Want, a Thread. #6

LongRider

23 hours ago, williamjm said:

I think to schoolchildren all teachers are automatically classified as 'old' regardless of whether they're in their mid-20s or coming up to retirement.

I actually remember having “young teachers” who were great favorites with the kids because they were “young”, I think these were the 20 somethings, and early 30something men, anybody who had kids themselves counted as “old” :lol: 

On 8/5/2023 at 11:43 AM, dog-days said:

The monsoon problem was fixed. The hot water went off again a couple of days ago, with the lettings agency muttering about a new boiler. Not sure when/if that'll happen. The current one is ancient with the flue conveniently close to my bedroom window. Have applied for a new job, and will keep on applying for jobs, so I hope I won't be living here much longer. 

Primary/elementary school teachers tend to be very nice people. I'm the offspring of two of them. 

Not sure if I'd recognise the people I went to primary or secondary school with these days – it's been so long. 

That sounds like an improvement, fingers crossed for a new boiler. Household troubles that are out of your control are such a pain. I still cringe to remember the gas cutoff in the house from last autumn *shudders*. 

good for you, they must be amazing people! I have a special warm place in my heart for every teach I ever had. Even the ones I didn’t like as a kid. 

10 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

"Influencers". . . another name for assholes.  

i hate them, i hate them with all of my being, and i'm 99% sure that its all smoke and mirrors and the overwhelming majority make fuck all and are saddled with debt, the big fish hoover up the overwhelming majority of the money, same with Only Fans.  

I am laid up on the couch for a couple days.  Just got home from having a vasectomy. Pretty excited for the eventual result and icing away the discomfort in the meantime.  Taking any and all video/music/ literature recommendations.  Just down loaded a bunch of back issues of Seize the Press so going to get started by chewing on some short fiction.

6 hours ago, Larry of the Lake said:

I am laid up on the couch for a couple days.  Just got home from having a vasectomy. Pretty excited for the eventual result and icing away the discomfort in the meantime.  Taking any and all video/music/ literature recommendations.  Just down loaded a bunch of back issues of Seize the Press so going to get started by chewing on some short fiction.

The waiting list in the UK is insane. I'm 7 months into it and nowhere near getting my balls smashed in with bricks (or whatever they do).

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

What the fuck is going on in Montgomery Alabama?

Looks like three drunken white asshats attacked a black guy just trying to do his job, sparking a mass brawl.

The footage is epic. 

Edited by Spockydog

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

What the fuck is going on in Montgomery Alabama?

I sure don't know.  Looked pretty pansy-ass, though.  No proper punches thrown - just shirt pulling and slapping.  

24 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

I sure don't know.  Looked pretty pansy-ass, though.  No proper punches thrown - just shirt pulling and slapping.  

Did you miss the bit where someone got hit on the head with a chair multiple times? Or the bit where someone was thrown in the water? :wideeyed:

Edited by Raja

36 minutes ago, Raja said:

Did you miss the bit where someone got hit on the head with a chair multiple times? Or the bit where someone was thrown in the water? :wideeyed:

Or that one punch that was loud enough to hear it on the cell phone video 20 feet away?

That asshole that put his hands on the co-captain and the other assholes that joined in need to go to jail. What the fuck were they thinking?

Apparently there’s a riverboat tour that operates out of the harbor, and the tour boat has a reserved spot at the dock so that passengers can embark and disembark. The boat was returning from the tour but somebody had parked their boat in the reserved spot and refused to  leave. The captain of the tour boat left the boat and tried to find the owner of the other boat. A black security guard came over and was attacked by crew members of the boat taking up the tour boat’s spot. Then the crew members of the tour boat rushed out to help him, joined by black bystanders who were very unhappy seeing the black security guard being attacked by these white guys.

Lots of video taken!

1 hour ago, Raja said:

46 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:
52 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Or that one punch that was loud enough to hear it on the cell phone video 20 feet away?

That asshole that put his hands on the co-captain and the other assholes that joined in need to go to jail. What the fuck were they thinking?

I think I did.  :blush:   Asshats will be asshats.  Give some guys a few drinks and they act like animals.  Correction:  They act like subhuman cretins.  

Glad the security guard got some help.

32 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

I think I did.  :blush:   Asshats will be asshats.  Give some guys a few drinks and they act like animals.  Correction:  They act like subhuman cretins.  

Glad the security guard got some help.

Yeah they gave him some help alright. :D

I'm just trying to process this. One excitable drunk hillbilly exclaims, “Excelsior!” and throws hands at the security guard. The guard is like, “It’s ON!” and fights back. 

And that’s when shit goes sideways. Do the drunk idiots pals break it up; like any rational person might do? No! They fucking tag themselves in and proceed to gang up on this guy. 

I can’t wait to see their mug shots. The bruises and swelling should have been starting to bloom depending on how long it took to get them processed.

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Alcohol was thinking. 

Just another reminder though, you don't have to get ready if you stay ready. The dude who swam over is ready hero. 

You know, honestly, all of it was pretty sad and disgusting.

I obviously had it wrong when I said the other white guys came from the tour boat to help the security guard, but I thought that was what the Chief of Police said in his press conference.

But, weirdly, did the security guard start it all by tossing his hat??? The guys who attacked him were assholes and 110% in the wrong, of course, but the hat throw seemed like the excuse they were looking for. Surely the security guard was trolling them?

What a sad, sad state of affairs.

Edited by Fragile Bird

38 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

You know, honestly, all of it was pretty sad and disgusting.

I obviously had it wrong when I said the other white guys came from the tour boat to help the security guard, but I thought that was what the Chief of Police said in his press conference.

But, weirdly, did the security guard start it all by tossing his hat??? The guys who attacked him were assholes and 110% in the wrong, of course, but the hat throw seemed like the excuse they were looking for. Surely the security guard was trolling them?

What a sad, sad state of affairs.

Was it a security guard?

From what I understood reading about it is, that he was the co-captain/first officer or something from that tourist boat, telling the white squatters to move their boat. Am I the only one who gets Ron Paul Libertarian numb nuts entitlement from those white guys?