Would Stannis Burn Shireen if he Learns Greyscale Sleeps?

Corvo the Crow

I don't buy into Stannis burning Shireen as a sacrifice, Selyse can do it and Melisandre would cherish at the thought of having a person with king's blood to burn but don't see it coming from Stannis, however would he burn her if he learned that grey death sleeps only to wake up again? If we are to believe Val, Shireen is soon to become an index case in a grey scale/death outbreak in the Wall, considering the place is ideal for grey scale which thrives in cold damp places so everyone there is in grave danger as long as Shireen is there.

2 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Sure. He's already killed one brother, left the other to die and tried to kill his nephew, so if he learns his daughter needs to be disposed of, I doubt the familial ties will matter.

Well what can I say, Mannis is on the path of cleansing Westeros of the corruption of nepotism.

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, SeanF said:

Stannis?  Possibly.

But, I think Selyse would burn Shireen, with very great enthusiasm, no doubt believing that R’hllor would reward her with a son, in due course. 

I agree that Selyse is a much likelier canidate to burn Shireen than Stannis is.  After all, Stannis was on the fence about burning one of Robert's bastards even though he was starting to believe Melisandre's line about waking a stone dragon and saving the realm.  

I don't think he would burn his own daughter simply because she might have contagious grey scale.  It's much more likely that if he truly believed that he would send her to an isolated location to avoid a plague.

14 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

I don't think he would burn his own daughter simply because she might have contagious grey scale.  It's much more likely that if he truly believed that he would send her to an isolated location to avoid a plague.

Or have a maester put some sweet sleep in her next dessert.

Let's not confuse the two questions Shireen might be killed to help Stannis win the throne; or it might be because of her grayscale. The first one might require that she be burned alive, although I don't recall for sure. The second one does not. It might be necessary to burn the body to completely get rid of the disease; but she could be put to death painlessly, and her body burned afterwards.