Jump to content

Hollywood STRIKES UPDATE: SAG AFTRA reaches agreement with AMPTP!


Mladen
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Mladen said:

We all live in a "Black Mirror" episode

Pretty sure the SAG-AFTRA 2020 deal with the AMPTP required consent for reuse of digital doubles outside of the production for which they were created. The 4th season filmed in 2022, so was still governed by that agreement.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ran said:

Pretty sure the SAG-AFTRA 2020 deal with the AMPTP required consent for reuse of digital doubles outside of the production for which they were created. The 4th season filmed in 2022, so was still governed by that agreement.

 

My first thought, it’s a hedge for relatively distant action sequences, perhaps. Even the facial capture would make limited sense, but if the production team wasn’t forthcoming about why… it is odd. I wouldn’t dare leave something like that completely open to interpretation.

Edited by JGP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JGP said:

My first thought, it’s a hedge for relatively distant action sequences, perhaps. Even the facial capture would make limited sense, but if the production team wasn’t forthcoming about why… it is odd. I wouldn’t dare leave something like that completely open to interpretation.

Assuming it's a VFX heavy show, the presumed reason would be that digital doubling to rework scenes (like action sequences, yeah). They probably did it that way now and not before because they simply didn't have the tech to easily incorporate emotive digital doubles into scenes, but now they do.

Regardless, still pretty sure there's nothing untoward that could be done with those scans, since they will remain governed by the 2020 contract terms.

Edited by Ran
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IlyaP said:

As long as you can boil it, mash it, or stick it in a stew...! :D

I'll forgo any of those prep techniques if we can agree I don't have to eat the brim. Might've been hasty there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll say this, it's absolutely true that CEOs will pay themselves millions and then say there's no money. And if times are tough, they "deserve" it even more for navigating the company through turmoil.

There's a good and obvious reason why the wealth gap only grows with time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Wait, there's a Gladiator 2 in the works? Did I get drunk and forget about this?

32 minutes ago, JGP said:

I'll eat my Psycho Bunny hat if the Studios don't cave within 3 weeks.

If everyone holds strong this will be really interesting. The actors and writers are more important than those poor ass CEOs. No one will take their side. Most of them should probably be fired anyways. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wait, there's a Gladiator 2 in the works? Did I get drunk and forget about this?

If everyone holds strong this will be really interesting. The actors and writers are more important than those poor ass CEOs. No one will take their side. Most of them should probably be fired anyways. 

Mmn hmn. Don’t know if you could hand pick a better time for worker action in this industry either. Perfect storm.

Animators need to join up, admin, all levels of background and support staff, go wide as fuck.

Edited by JGP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...