Star Wars: Critical Divide (This is the way)

Myrddin

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Sigh. Nothing about this show sends any me any signals that it might actually be good. Just looks like more mediocre, at best, Disney content. 

I'm interested...but I don't see why this would be live action instead of continuing the Rebels story with animation. The entire last season, and really much of, the Mandalorian would be much better served as a cartoon. The absurdities are much easier to swallow (i.e., a group of Mandalorians, particularly of different ages, look like they stumbled out of bad fanfic or a convention).

2 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Ahsoka ep 1 & 2 got a premiere in a theatre in L.A., I think just for critics, so reviews are coming out.

Funny how you can just smell shill reviews. Oh you got to go to a premier, you need more subs, your main opening gambit is reassuring new audiences they are allowed to watch it… the.. the music is good.. er… there is .. like… stuff you never saw before.

Sounds bad.

‘Ahsoka’ Will Now Premiere on Tuesday Nights
Previously, Star Wars series premiered at midnight PT on Disney+.

https://collider.com/ahsoka-release-time-change-tuesdays/

Less than a week before Ahsoka is scheduled to premiere on Disney+, the streaming platform has announced that new episodes from the next Star Wars television series will now premiere on Tuesdays at 6 PM PT.

46 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Whoever is playing Hera is playing a rather, uh...subdued version of her in this scene. Which is not how I remember Hera from Rebels. Am I...misremembering her? 

4 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Whoever is playing Hera is playing a rather, uh...subdued version of her in this scene. Which is not how I remember Hera from Rebels. Am I...misremembering her? 

That's Mrs. Obi-Wan Kenobi.   Mary Elizabeth Winstead.  Don't seem subdued to me, what you on about?

15 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

That's Mrs. Obi-Wan Kenobi.   Mary Elizabeth Winstead.  Don't seem subdued to me, what you on about?

She's just very blah about what Chopper needs to do. Hera in the show always seemed a bit more...fiery. 

Also, holy cow, that's Winstead? Damn! The prosthetics do a good job! I had no idea that was her!

That is true of Ahsoka and of basically anything from TCW/Rebels, where everyone is SUPER EXAGGERATED ALL THE TIME.

I figure it was because it's a kids show and they overemphasized everything. Doesn't quite play the same way live action. 

Also figure it's Filoni, who appears to like that sort of quietude in his live action projects. 

Yeah, you can almost hear him say, "Is that bad?" when Hera points out shooting the enemy ship at that moment would send it it crashing into the city.

Chopper's chaotic energy was a high point of Rebels and hope that continues here.

Spoiler

The scene where he just becomes consumed by jealousy and bodily hurls the rescued R2 droid out of the Ghost to his likely oblivion is one of the funniest scenes in all of Star Wars. Although they did undercut it by showing the R2 droid surviving. Chopper straight-up murdering him or leaving it more ambiguous would have been more interesting.

4 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Chopper seems more understandable in this too, which people in comments on the video have said is due to Filoni voicing it a bit slower than in the cartoon.

Chopper f-bombs are coming.