Jump to content

UK Politics: Step Right Up, Step Right Up. Come Marvel At Our Amazing North Sea Snake Oil. Will Cure All Your Electoral Woes. Get It While It's Hot ;-)


Spockydog
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Braverman is such a twat, imagine ordering a review into police impartiality.  Does she not realise how right wing (though obviously nowhere near the current mad bastards in her party) we generally are? 

In order to persuade the voters that they aren't to blame, it's necessary for the Tories to invent enemies that have been preventing them from making the country a paradise. Just happens to be the police's turn, after asylum seekers, lawyers, teachers, doctors, academics, 'liberal elites', woke, the civil service, the EU, benefit scroungers, millenials, trade unions, criminals, drill music, every opposition politician and protesters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mormont said:

In order to persuade the voters that they aren't to blame, it's necessary for the Tories to invent enemies that have been preventing them from making the country a paradise. Just happens to be the police's turn, after asylum seekers, lawyers, teachers, doctors, academics, 'liberal elites', woke, the civil service, the EU, benefit scroungers, millenials, trade unions, criminals, drill music, every opposition politician and protesters.

You missed out the RNLI…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious but with all this wolf talk in the UK, has anyone here actually seen or interacted with a wolf? Canada has wolves just a short 3 hour drive from Toronto and kids with their families readily camp out in the wilderness there. Algonquin Park is the place to go and you may even see one up close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Just curious but with all this wolf talk in the UK, has anyone here actually seen or interacted with a wolf? Canada has wolves just a short 3 hour drive from Toronto and kids with their families readily camp out in the wilderness there. Algonquin Park is the place to go and you may even see one up close. 

Yeah but those are Canadian wolves, eh? Much more polite and friendly than those English soccer hooligan wolves. 

Here’s the thing: Wolves will generally go out of their way to avoid confrontation. Humans aren’t typical prey for them. And, if its belly is full and it doesn’t view you as a threat, a wolf can be downright dog-like.

But they are definitely not dogs. They are a powerful wild animal that’ll tear a limb off if it feels like it. 

I went to school with someone who’s kid sister got bitten by a wolf at the zoo years ago. This was a small city zoo and back then there was less distance between the people and the enclosure. The kid got too close and the wolf grabbed her through its fence. She came off with some cuts and scrapes but things could have been worse. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tactical voted already in local council by election. Asked if I had id when I walked in but didn't actually ask to see it.

Im sure it was just with me being a fine upstanding member if the community and they recognised my honesty and integrity.

Edited by BigFatCoward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Tactical voted already in local council by election. Asked if I had id when I walked in but didn't actually ask to see it.

Im sure it was just with me being a fine upstanding member if the community and they recognised my honesty and integrity.

Lol, so you were in uniform?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Oh dear, Rishi made the decision half funding for school repairs only 2 years ago. That's not going to look very good for him is it. 

It just in general seems like a really stupid situation. They've been aware this RAAC had a 30 year lifespan the entire time. Okay that seems less than ideal but just have a program in place to replace it over time as it reaches the end of that lifespan. Why have they ended up having to close schools etc at the last minute? Just some basic competence would be nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the MO for pretty much every large organisation private or public, preventative maintenance and sustainability is the exception not the rule in the least cost, maximum exploitation model that everyone seems to run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's so much wrong with what she said that has nothing to do with the swearing.

Like, no, it's not your fault, but it is your responsibility, and do you understand the difference and why it matters?

And, do you understand that it is the interviewer's job to press you on what you're saying, and so it will naturally feel like they are blaming you, and it's part of your job as a politician to cope with that and not take it personally?

And of course, no, in fact you're not doing 'a fucking good job' on this at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...