UK Politics: Step Right Up, Step Right Up. Come Marvel At Our Amazing North Sea Snake Oil. Will Cure All Your Electoral Woes. Get It While It's Hot ;-)

Spockydog

In my 21+ years there has never been an issue i have known to piss off police as much as the pay-outs to the Sarah Everard vigil protestors.  Not pay cuts, not attacks on pensions, nothing.  Often these things are affected by sex or race etc, but not here, there is not a single dissenting voice.  The forums at work are going insane. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

17 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

In my 21+ years there has never been an issue i have known to piss off police as much as the pay-outs to the Sarah Everard vigil protestors.  Not pay cuts, not attacks on pensions, nothing.  Often these things are affected by sex or race etc, but not here, there is not a single dissenting voice.  The forums at work are going insane. 

What are they saying?

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

What are they saying?

That its absolutely disgusting that people got a pay out for basically breaking the lockdown rules, and the organisation has admitted that they paid out knowing we weren't in the wrong but just wanted it to 'go away' (this is the biggest part of it, that we never fight the press even when we are not in the wrong).

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

That its absolutely disgusting that people got a pay out for basically breaking the lockdown rules, and the organisation has admitted that they paid out knowing we weren't in the wrong but just wanted it to 'go away' (this is the biggest part of it, that we never fight the press even when we are not in the wrong).

Are they right about that?

Frankly, I don't think The Metropolitan Police have got a leg to stand on here.

1. They all knew he was The Rapist. That was his fucking nickname down the nick.

2. The violent nature of those arrests was totally uncalled for.

3. The Failure To Prosecute Law Breaking of Boris Fucking Johnson. Be it all the parties, at Downing Street AND Chequers, his common or garden corruption, or the high-level, Lebedev-flavoured treason.

p.s. And I know, for a fact, that many in the Met are divided over the leniency shown to Bozo.

Edited by Spockydog

Were the police in the wrong? It doesn't seem to me that they were, those people were breaking Covid rules. You could argue the rules are bad but that's not up to the police to decide. It seems to me that the Police were put in a pretty awkward position and that when they asked the protesters to go home, after a 6 hour vigil mind you, it all turned nasty. 

This all looks like it's about visuals. It looks terrible to be arresting people at a vigil, and maybe they should have just let them get on with it, they let BLM protests go on, despite Covid restrictions. But if you are going make these rules don't get mad when police apply them. 

Yes, they were wrong. They should have recognised the seriousness of the Couzens affair, their role in enabling the cunt, and just let the protestors get on with it.

What about the (probably) dozens of rozzers inside and outside Downing Street? What did they do about all the fucking parties, eh? And not just the ones that have made the news. There were loads more.

Did the coppers in Downing Street suddenly lose the use of their eyes and ears? I don't fucking think so. In Britain, it's one rule for them, and a completely different set of rules for the rest of us.

Edited by Spockydog

Just now, Spockydog said:

Yes, they were wrong. They should have recognised the seriousness of the Couzens affair, their role in enabling the cunt, and just let the protestors get on with it.

They did for 6 hours didn't they. The law becomes pretty subjective if you only want to apply it when it doesn't make you look bad. If you are going break up other protests, or arrest people for sitting on a bench, then apply it to everyone, yes that also means Boris. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Frankly, I don't think The Metropolitan Police have got a leg to stand on here.

1. They all knew he was The Rapist. That was his fucking nickname down the nick.

2. The violent nature of those arrests was totally uncalled for.

3. The Failure To Prosecute Law Breaking of Boris Fucking Johnson. Be it all the parties, at Downing Street AND Chequers, his common or garden corruption, or the high-level, Lebedev-flavoured treason.

p.s. And I know, for a fact, that many in the Met are divided over the leniency shown to Bozo.

This whole board spent years moaning about the arseholes breaking the rules and being selfish, either the rules matter or they don't.  The optics were always going to be terrible if we took any action, that doesn't mean we shouldn't take it. 

I think we should have walked away and not policed it full stop, but then we'd have been dragged through the coals for our acquiescence, not really a big win either way. 

However after we did police it, and spent 6 hours doing the engagement and encouraging and asking them to respect the rules, and they still ignored our request to carry out the vigil in a broadly compliant way, i don't see how you could possibly agree we shouldn't act.  We said we don't mind the vigil, but please stop giving speeches as its causing crowds to congregate in close proximity and they ignored and ignored and ignored. 

1. moot

2. I've seen stuff you haven't, one of the people getting a payout spitting in an officers face, I've seen BWV of women telling officers they hoped their families were raped and murdered.  Violence started against the police looooong before we arrested anyone (which i kind of get giving the feeling at the time, however non of the officers there murdered Sarah Everard).  And note how few people were arrested, it wasn't indiscriminate, it was very much targeted at the people causing the problems. 

3. moot

Ultimately the main issue for us though isn't the officers actions at the time, it is the officers were fully exonerated and the payout was made anyway to shut them up, which didn't work in the slightest as they have been all over the news ever since anyway.  

Edited by BigFatCoward

That you can so easily dismiss the fact that this guy was a known/suspected sex offender says it all, man.

The organization is fucking rotten. You know it. We know it. And a lot of what we know comes directly from the horse's mouth. i.e. You.

Edited by Spockydog

21 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

What about the (probably) dozens of rozzers inside and outside Downing Street? What did they do about all the fucking parties, eh? And not just the ones that have made the news. There were loads more.

Did the coppers in Downing Street suddenly lose the use of their eyes and ears? I don't fucking think so. In Britain, it's one rule for them, and a completely different set of rules for the rest of us.

Kate Middleton turned upnat the vigil earlier. Didn’t see pictures of her facedown on the ground. Sonhardly consistent policing in any case

2 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Kate Middleton turned upnat the vigil earlier. Didn’t see pictures of her facedown on the ground. Sonhardly consistent policing in any case

I'm just trying to find the video of Kate Middleton spitting in police's faces and getting violent.. I'm sure it's there somewhere as you seem to be insinuating she should have been arrested.

Edited by Heartofice

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

That you can so easily dismiss the fact that this guy was a known/suspected sex offender says it all, man.

The organization is fucking rotten. You know it. We know it. And a lot of what we know comes directly from the horse's mouth. i.e. You.

This has literally nothing to be with what is being discussed. 

If an police officer had killed a member of the bnp off duty, and they were having a vigil and breaching protocols, you would have been frothing at the mouth for us to take action. 

Either you want us to police without fear or favour or you don't. You can't pick and choose. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Was she following the guidance from officers at the scene?

There were hundreds of women there, but a miniscule number of arrests, why do you think that was?  

Edited by BigFatCoward

14 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

This has literally nothing to be with what is being discussed. 

You're entitled to your opinion, but outside of The Met, with the exception of the Gammons, I think most people think it relevant. 

You have a serving officer, who his colleagues have nicknamed The Rapist (why? And why hasn't this fact alone been properly investigated). I've never knocked about with anyone with such a disgusting nickname. Have you? 

And let's not forget about the prior brushing under the carpet of this pervert's activites, when he should have been arrested and kicked off the force for repeatedly exposing himsef, thus removing from his possession the warrant card that enabled him to abduct, rape and murder his victim. 

So, yeah, they should have read the room and kept their fucking jackboots out of things. 

Edited by Spockydog

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

So, yeah, they should have read the room and kept their fucking jackboots out of things. 

Except they let the vigil go on for 6 hours already, keeping out of it. 

So is the answer here that we should have applied the Covid laws or shouldn't we? You seem up in arms about Boris' party, but absolutely fine with these laws being broken. Is it all protests that should have been allowed to have happened, or just the ones you personally agree with? 

Yeah, just ignore every single drop of context and jerk the knee. That truly is the Conservative way of doing things. 

And we're talking about parties. In the plural. There were dozens of them, many indoors.

One vigil, following one of the most shocking crimes this country has ever seen. 

So excuse me for not sucking up Cressida Cock's hypocritical kool aid. 

Edited by Spockydog

Just now, Spockydog said:

Yeah, just ignore every single drop of context and jerk the knee. That truly is the Conservative way of doing things. 

You are the one who brought up Boris, the context is also that the arrests were made as part of the Covid laws, which is why I wonder if you are happy to just only apply the law when it suits your own personal grievances or do you actually even care.