Personal Headcanons you have with little to no evidence

Maegor_the_Cool

10 minutes ago, Jon Snowfyre said:

My major one is that Domeric Bolton would’ve been one of Robb’s closest friends had he survived. He may have even stopped his father from the RW or maybe informed Robb if his father’s  betrayal 

More than that id suspect at least one stark kid would be bethrothed to him! 

You've opened up a  huge  cool what if here!!!! :)

Domeric as a natural son of bolton and dustin  would have been maybe both stark karstark and manderly all  chasing a match up!  At the twins walder may have asked for a different frey-bolton match up.

As an apparently amazingly  natural rider and thus promising jouster he may have made a huge difference at the whispering woods....he may have unhorsed jamie  earlier,  maybe at least saved some karstarks etc.

With their blood on the line the lady dustin and  the boltons wouldnt have sent the bare minimum forces  to avoid the starks attention + wrath but  really made an effort to send as much of their considerable forces south! The green fork could have went the other way with the extra manpower  and roose wanting to do his warrior son proud  being more agressive etc

With a legitimate heir roose  would have probably sent the jealous  murderous ramsay (and reek+ ramsays boys ) to the wall too.

Finaly as a  popular squire at the vale redforts this may have pushed these vale lords over the line to defy lysa and join robb...possibly even starting a stampede of lords ignoring her.

Two of mine :

1. Domeric Bolton is Brandon's bastard. Lady Barbrey Dustin partially lied, she never had an affair with Brandon, it was a cover story for her older sister Bethany who was married off to Lord Bolton when it was revealed that Brandon was betrothed to Catelyn Tully. Lord Bolton might have had some suspicions over Domeric's parentage and when the miller's wife came to him with that bastard who shared his eyes, the doubt he held about Domeric only rised.

I said partially because I do believe Lady Dustin was saying the truth when it comes to her wish to marry Eddard Stark before Brandon's death.

2. Aegon IV isn't Daemon Blackfyre's father, he was just f*cking with the realm and most of all with his heir Daeron II (whom he suspected not to be his).

During (at least) one escape from confinement in the Maidenvault, Daena came to her King brother and ex-husband Baelor the Blessed and had him yield to the lust he felt for her and fault. The result of that night of passion is the conception of the most infamous bastard of the Targaryan history as well as the forty days of fasting from Baelor out of shame and penance.

Edited by Kal-L

6 minutes ago, Kal-L said:

Two of mine :

1. Domeric Bolton is Brandon's bastard. Lady Barbrey Dustin partially lied, she never had an affair with Brandon, it was a cover story for her older sister Bethany who was married off to Lord Bolton when it was revealed that Brandon was betrothed to Catelyn Tully. Lord Bolton might have had some suspicions over Domeric's parentage and when the miller's wife came to him with his bastard who shared his eyes, the doubt he held about Domeric only rised.

I said partially because I do believe Lady Dustin was saying the truth when it comes to her wish to marry Eddard Stark before Brandon's death.

2. Aegon IV isn't Daemon Blackfyre's father, he was just f*cking with the realm and most of all with his heir Daeron II (whom he suspected not to be from him).

During (at least) one escape from confinement in the Maidenvault, Daena came to her King brother and ex-husband Baelor the Blessed and had him yield to the lust he felt for her and fault. The result of night of passion is the conception of the most infamous bastard of the Targaryan history as well as the forty days of fasting from Baelor out of shame and penance.

Why wouldn’t Dana tell everyone that Daemon is Baelor’s? They were married, at one point anyway. It’d give Daemon a strong case for legitimate Kingship over Daeron

Edited by Jon Snowfyre

6 minutes ago, Jon Snowfyre said:

Why wouldn’t Dana tell everyone that Daemon is Baelor’s? They were married, at one point anyway. It’d give Daemon a strong case for legitimate Kingship over Daeron

That's the thing, they were not married anymore during the conception making Daemon a bastard due Baelor's "overzealousness".

As to why, she didn't revealed Daemon's parentage, well, I'm not sure Daena wanted the throne herself, however I wouldn't put it beyond her to have wanting to spare her brother's face. After she had already won (even though it was only to their knowledges).

Edited by Kal-L

Honestly, I don't know if this is held by anyone or not, but I've never seen it. So here it goes : Eddard Stark was actually the leader of the rebellion against House Targaryen, NOT Robert Baratheon. What I mean by this is he was the primary strategist of the rebellion and made most of the major decisions, even including that Robert would be King if their rebellion succeeded. The reason why Robb is such a genius at military strategy besides his own talent, is that Eddard was training him in it from a young age. 

55 minutes ago, sifth said:

Tywin was happy that Joffrey died. It gave him a king who wasn't insane and much easier to control. I also think he was lying when he said he planned to send Tyrion to the Wall in his final chapter.

I actually have this one in my headcannon, too. Honestly, I even considered that Tywin had Joffrey killed when it initially happened in the books, lol. 

Oh, and he was definitely lying to Tyrion. He was going watch him get his head chopped off and probably be weirdly happy about it (because he is a horrible human being). 

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Tywin was happy that Joffrey died. It gave him a king who wasn't insane and much easier to control. I also think he was lying when he said he planned to send Tyrion to the Wall in his final chapter.

I think you are half right 

He was def happy joff died  the kids an unstable moron and would soon need one of tywins 'lessons' 

I DO think he planned to send tyrion to the wall though! Without  sansa hes of no further use,tywin has exhausted options trying to find a willing marriage for him and now with joffs death the intercene scrapping betwern cersei and tyrion that almost cost them KL to stannos can only escalate +  destroy their house .....bottom line cersei and the kids are more needed at the present and for the future than poor tyrion

Sending tyrion to the wall ends their conflict(or makes it so difficult for cersei to reach him thats its the same thing), gives him a semi honourable role to add to the family name/historyb  plus any disgraces he performs  are now too far away  to filter down to easily!

It gives something to blackmail/pressure daddys fav (jamie) out of the kingsguard with , rewards pycelles loyalty too , frees up an apparently talented whore living in a place connected to the hand tower and of course with sandor gone the imps reportedly very talented sellsword friend is now for rent!

Add on based on cersei and slynts comments they dont believe the wall is a neutral part thus getting  a lannister lordling  among them could be of use

6 minutes ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

Honestly, I don't know if this is held by anyone or not, but I've never seen it. So here it goes : Eddard Stark was actually the leader of the rebellion against House Targaryen, NOT Robert Baratheon. What I mean by this is he was the primary strategist of the rebellion and made most of the major decisions, even including that Robert would be King if their rebellion succeeded. The reason why Robb is such a genius at military strategy besides his own talent, is that Eddard was training him in it from a young age. 

I don't know if the purpose of thread is to debate each other headcanon, but I quickly share my thoughts on that one.

I can definitely believe that Ned Stark was a great battle commander and played a big role and the Rebellion's success but that's as far as I can go. The Rebellion started in the Vale with the taking of Gulltown by Jon Arryn and Robert Baratheon, the hero of the day. Then came the Battles of Summerhall which featured Lord Baratheon winning three battles in a day, personally slaying one his disloyal bannerman before turning his son and other Targaryen loyalists from enemies to allies. That feat alone goes against the idea that Ned would have been the brain of the rebels in my opinion. Ned was one among several great battle commanders.

More importantly, I definitely can't believe Eddard Stark would have been the political mind concocting the overthrow of House Targaryen for Robert's line. I'm certain it would have come from Jon Arryn with then, the approval of the rebels.

To conclude, I don't think Ned had the charisma or the personality to be the leader of the rebellion. He was a good battle commander, I'm not denying his skills, but his character doesn't match with the role you're attributing to him in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, sifth said:

Gregor and Sandor are somehow related to Ser. Duncan the tall.

never thought of that. Brienne and Hodor are so why not them? But they are just so doggy (bad dog, good dog) that I find the idea distasteful.

BTW who is it in the books or show who sees Hodor or Brienne or Dunk and thinks 'giant blood'? Or is that something I've made up?

Just now, Castellan said:

BTW who is it in the books or show who sees Hodor or Brienne or Dunk and thinks 'giant blood'? Or is that something I've made up?

It was Osha, when she saw him naked by the heart tree.  She said that to Bran. 

I have two. The first is that Summerhall had a library of Targaryen history particularly on years between Daeron II and Aegon V, which also explains why there's little information on the Targaryens during that time (Daeron's daughter, Aerion's son Maegor, Aegon's sisters) because it all went up in smoke. Rhaegar also goes there because he mourns the loss of information (as well as being born in tragedy).

The other is that Lysa and Sweetrobin are both suffering from lead poisoning.