Jump to content

Star Wars: You Must Be Over 18 (Midichlorians) To Enter


DaveSumm
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Somehow trashing the sequels has returned :P 

This, the speech we all reference, is an example of why Andor is so much better than any other Star Wars that has been released in the last 40 years.

Push past the two introduction episodes.  This is amazing:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

This, the speech we all reference, is an example of why Andor is so much better than any other Star Wars that has been released in the last 40 years.

Push past the two introduction episodes.  This is amazing:

 

I raise a palpatine to your Luthen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I raise a palpatine to your Luthen

I had to assume you were being ironic with this. McDiarmid is trying to squeeze as much melodrama out of those lines as he possibly can but it's like he's reading the phone book! As an example of exactly how to NOT shoot a dramatic scene this is perfect. The framing, the acting from Hayden, the script.. even the story he's describing is ridiculous. So thanks for yet another example of why the Prequels are garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Haters gonna hate,Palpy is awesome in the prequels. He’s no more corny in em than in the OT or ST  

Yes MacDiarmid is excellent in general and was generally the highlight of the entire PT, mainly because he's allowed to ham it up and put some energy into the character. But he is working with scraps. His scenes in Empire and Jedi work far better than anything he did in the PT because almost everything about those movies is superior, there is emotional weight to actions and his evil hammy-ness is a fitting piece in those scenes with Vader and Luke. 

In the PT he's desperately trying to bring something to a movie that has the emotional weight of cardboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yes MacDiarmid is excellent in general and was generally the highlight of the entire PT, mainly because he's allowed to ham it up and put some energy into the character. But he is working with scraps. His scenes in Empire and Jedi work far better than anything he did in the PT because almost everything about those movies is superior, there is emotional weight to actions and his evil hammy-ness is a fitting piece in those scenes with Vader and Luke. 

In the PT he's desperately trying to bring something to a movie that has the emotional weight of cardboard.

Palpy is only good thing about the prequels, IMO

Everyone else is just so boring by comparison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yes MacDiarmid is excellent in general and was generally the highlight of the entire PT, mainly because he's allowed to ham it up and put some energy into the character.

"Anakin, have you ever heard of lampshading a plot?" 

"Why yes Senator Palpatine, we're doing it right now."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Veltigar said:

So, I have staved off on watching Ashoka for now, but what is the consensus so far? Good to watch or better to skip it?

It's pretty but light and basically a live-action cartoon with cartoon-level writing. If you are someone who watched the cartoons, this probably works better.

I'm watching it, it passes the time, it's not very deep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

So, I have staved off on watching Ashoka for now, but what is the consensus so far? Good to watch or better to skip it?

Definitely worth watching if you’re a CW or Rebels fan. Even if you’re not this is probably the 2nd most enjoyable live action SW show I’ve seen following The Mandolorian S1-2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Haters gonna hate,Palpy is awesome in the prequels. He’s no more corny in em than in the OT or ST  

Corny dialogue and wooden acting gives quite a bit to criticize.  Now doesn’t it?  Unlike Luthen and Lony’s exchange which has genuine pathos and emotion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Definitely worth watching if you’re a CW or Rebels fan. Even if you’re not this is probably the 2nd most enjoyable live action SW show I’ve seen following The Mandolorian S1-2

You’re refusing to watch anything beyond the first two episodes of Andor out of sheer stubbornness at this point aren’t you?  Are you my son in disguise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

You’re refusing to watch anything beyond the first two episodes of Andor out of sheer stubbornness at this point aren’t you?  Are you my son in disguise?

Okay I’ll acknowledge Andor again this once just for you. Tony Gilroy may have made a good show, but it doesn’t feel like Star Wars to me, atleast the SW I know and love.I just couldn’t get into it because I find the lead character so boring from the rogue one movie and the pacing and feel of the show was so off for me. I’m sorry but it was tonally a fail for me, SW is NOT like dark knight or any other gritty,dark,brooding DC movie, it’s fun space adventures with interesting characters and world building.I enjoyed it no more than I would’ve enjoyed watching a campy batman movie. The two just don’t gel for me, no matter how well made. Gilroy is free to make his own gritty, depressing, slow burn of a space opera but this was not my Star Wars. Moral ambiguity is fine ( I do enjoy Matt Stovers Star Wars stuff) but I need it to be more fun and have more interesting protagonists.

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Okay I’ll acknowledge Andor again this once just for you. Tony Gilroy may have made a good show, but it doesn’t feel like Star Wars to me,

This might be an incredibly telling comment. Andor, and maybe Rogue One, for me ARE the most Star Wars anything has felt since the OT.  I guess if you grew up watching the Prequels then that is your idea of what Star Wars is, if you grew up watching the OT then you might have a very different perspective. If you grew up watching the Sequel trilogy then you probably have zero interest in Star wars so we can discount those people!

Either way, for me I can't even mentally connect the dots from the OT to the prequels, the prequels don't feel like Star Wars to me, and I'll be fucked if Clone Wars does. Those properties just feel like cartoons (Clone Wars literally is a cartoon), but the whole universe is so over the top and goofy and that I just don't feel anything other than uncleanness watching them. 

But I get that other people might feel differently. Andor is a return to 'real' star wars from my perspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...