UK Politics: No Bully XL for you

Maltaran

3 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Mogg being knighted. Nissed opportunity; Princess Anne could have won huge popularity for theroyal family if her hand had just slipped a little

Plus the thousands of people watching the ceremony online would all be prepared to swear on their souls that they saw Mogg trip and fall with fatal consequences sideways onto the drawn sword. Don't think he's a very popular man. 

1 hour ago, dog-days said:

Plus the thousands of people watching the ceremony online would all be prepared to swear on their souls that they saw Mogg trip and fall with fatal consequences sideways onto the drawn sword. Don't think he's a very popular man. 

Accidentally brutally cut off his own head while combing his hair

I didn’t look at the thread for a couple of days and when I did I landed in the discussion about abolishing inheritance tax.

Canada got rid of inheritance tax a long time ago. Revenue Canada has much better ways of getting your money. In Canada we have a “deemed disposition on death”, which means the government pretends you sold everything you owned the moment before you died. The capital gains tax is a killer. People really, really resented inheritance taxes, the deemed disposition at death gets everyone.

Of course, if you owned stuff with your spouse jointly, the the spouse gets the money free and clear (very popular!) but the government knows they’ll get you eventually. Analysis of inheritance tax showed it was inefficient and not a huge revenue generator.

Is there a deemed disposition on death in the UK?

WTAF?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/sep/28/famous-sycamore-gap-tree-at-hadrians-wall-found-apparently-cut-down

Famous Sycamore Gap tree at Hadrian’s Wall found cut down

Police investigating after former tree of the year winner, estimated to be several hundred years old, felled

Edited by Which Tyler

Until they announced the culprit, I thought it might be my mother. She hates sycamores. (They're the rabbits of the hardwood tree world – one of them growing near your back garden will rapidly create hundreds more). Part of my summer holiday was spent lopping branches off one mature specimen. 

tldr/ Plant a crabapple tree instead. 

32 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I guarantee someone will plant another sycamore there. 

You're missing a business opportunity here. Leverage the government for more funds to build a giant growing device. 

Or did you cut it down to do just that? :idea:

11 minutes ago, dog-days said:

Until they announced the culprit, I thought it might be my mother. She hates sycamores. (They're the rabbits of the hardwood tree world – one of them growing near your back garden will rapidly create hundreds more). Part of my summer holiday was spent lopping branches off one mature specimen. 

tldr/ Plant a crabapple tree instead. 

Aye. My mum had an ailing sycamore removed from her garden last year. I've been pulling up saplings ever since. 

44 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm happy for murderers to be rehabilitated. But this prick needs locked up for 100 years. 

The mob will be out for the little shit. 

Though, I have to laugh at all the Reddit "arborists", with all their detailed analysis of the stump and how it points to the work of a professional tree chopper.