Jump to content

The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #7


LongRider
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I booked myself a deluxe king. Four nights for EUR790, including breakfast and limo transfers. That's pretty good, considering the standard of hotel and its central BCN location. London would be three times as much.

Anyway, this will be my first 'break' since I started caring for Chops in 2008. It's going to be weird, and slightly exhilarating, having nobody but myself to worry about for a few days.

Gonna make a mini-break of it. Treating myself to BA business class, valet parking at LHR, and I just ordered some fancy leather luggage from Selfridges.

Going full-CEO for the weekend.

 

(In my best Estelle Costanza voice) Oh, Look at you. "Mister Fancy".

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Spocky, the only thing Spanish cities are really notorious for is pickpockets. Do be careful!

He'll be fine. He's a dog. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did indeed have my wallet stolen in Spain! Only time I've ever been pickpocketed. It wasn't in my pocket, though. I was actually in the middle of making a purchase, and got my wallet out of my purse. Sometime between handing the cashier my credit card and ID and going to put them away....poof. I was actually quite impressed! I never even noticed any strangers near me in the shop.

Ended up being a major pain in the ass, though, as it was the start of a month-long trip and I had no way to access cash, and this was in ~2007 so credit cards were definitely not accepted everywhere.

I also liked Barcelona less than most everyone else, but I think possibly because it was our last stop on the trip and I was quite ready to be home by then. I really like Madrid!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Lol.

I'm attending a trade show in Barcelona, which I posted to social. My ex-girlfriend, whom as far as I knew was still living in Hanover, DM's me to say she's living in BCN, has loads of space, why not stay with her for a few days and save on hotel costs...

Had no idea she was married. As far as I can tell they are not estranged. Whatever the circumstances, that's not how I roll. Hence the need for a hotel. 

I think I might stay here. Looks really cool.

 

Still some leeway for interpreting this. :D

But we all get what you mean, you don't crash at an ex's place unless sex is involved. :leaving:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

This probably should go in Entertainment but there didn't appear to be anywhere appropriate.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68074818

I hope they win, performers being late for stuff is totally ignorant and deserves to be held to account. 

 

They won't. Performers regularly show up late and you should know that as a fan. Don't buy tickets to a weekday show if you have to be up early. These two sound like dorks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

They won't. Performers regularly show up late and you should know that as a fan. Don't buy tickets to a weekday show if you have to be up early. These two sound like dorks. 

Just accept a shit service because its always been shit. Got it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Just accept a shit service because its always been shit. Got it. 

It just happens in the music industry. One of my best friends is a former professional guitarist who now works as a journalist covering music tech. He'll be the first to tell you things go wrong all the time and it just is what it is. There's no excuse if substance abuse is the cause for a long delay, but technically issues are real.

I view this like trying to sue an airline company because your flight was delayed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Starkess said:

I did indeed have my wallet stolen in Spain! Only time I've ever been pickpocketed. It wasn't in my pocket, though. I was actually in the middle of making a purchase, and got my wallet out of my purse. 

This is one of the things I love about my Pixel watch. Just tap it on the point of sale machine to make a purchase. Lovely. 

I've been all over Spain, but never got round to visiting Barcelona. I spent a month working a project in Madrid once. What an amazing city. Never seen midnight traffic jams like it. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I view this like trying to sue an airline company because your flight was delayed.  

In the UK, can get up to £520 compensation if your flight is delayed and it is the airline's fault. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

It just happens in the music industry. One of my best friends is a former professional guitarist who now works as a journalist covering music tech. He'll be the first to tell you things go wrong all the time and it just is what it is. There's no excuse if substance abuse is the cause for a long delay, but technically issues are real.

I view this like trying to sue an airline company because your flight was delayed.  

If its a one off and its a technical issue then fair enough.

But there are people who are notorious in the industry. Apparently she was late 3 nights in a row. That's just ignorant. 

 

Edited by BigFatCoward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

In the UK, can get up to £520 compensation if your flight is delayed and it is the airline's fault. 

You can get compensated here too, it's just more points to buy more tickets, lol. And I'm assuming there are a ton of loopholes for the airlines to get out of paying that much unless it's egregious. 

54 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

If its a one off and its a technical issue then fair enough.

But there are people who are notorious in the industry. Apparently she was late 3 nights in a row. That's just ignorant. 

 

Lauren Hill shows up 2-3 hours late every time. If you want to see her you have to plan on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Apparently she was late 3 nights in a row. That's just ignorant. 

However, she'd had to postpone the tour because she was very ill for an extended period.

People who don't do what she and her fellow stars have to do have no idea what it takes for most of of these live performers to get out there every night facing multi-thousands of people for whom they have to get them up, and get them all up simultaneously, and for an extended period of time.  It can take quite some time for the get it upper to get her/himself up her/himself.

And now, of course, there's the current add-on of audience members throwing shit at you as part of their expression of having a grand time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Reckon Ty is a bit of a stud, but he's already lined up as my blood-guy. 

He doesn't need the money, he owns 1% of your 5 million quid company already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

O my -- one of our on the ground team just sent me some videos she took at a dressage competition at the Escuela Real Andalusia in Jerez!  Lordessa are those caballos' movement breathtaking!

https://www.realescuela.org/en/main/

She saw some of Partner's fotos of me there last year, appearing to be in a state of ecstasy.

Woo, it's still hard for me to believe I shall be there again, soon.

Edited by Zorral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...