The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #7

LongRider

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Mrs BFC starts wearing Christmas jumpers mid November, and has enough that she never needs to wear the same one twice. She's a ridiculous person. 

I have heard tales of such people! She’s got the spirit in her! You will have wonderful Christmases as the children grow up! :wub:

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I have heard tales of such people! She’s got the spirit in her! You will have wonderful Christmases as the children grow up! :wub:

Wait until he has to play Santa and then ask if he feels the same way. :P

BFC, don't get yourself killed like Phoebe Cates' dad in Gremlins. And yes, Gremlins is a Christmas movie. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

1 hour ago, thgrlwthcurushar said:

I just ate a heaping bowl full of pistachios, flamin hot potato chips, and cheese balls. It was good but it was not dinner; we had beef stew for that and it was yummers. 

There's a 'what's for dinner?' thread on page 2, but you won't be making anyone jealous with that garbage. 

On 11/12/2023 at 2:27 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

Also, today was Veterans Day in America yeah?

Who all we got? @Starkess, ain’t you a Veteran? Or is my brain too scrambled.

Thank you for your service.  

Aw thank you! I spent it trying to cram myself into a basic economy seat on an 11-hour flight :uhoh:

One of my closest friends from college who I had an ugly falling out with contacted me for the first time in about a decade last night after I made several attempts to talk to him over the years. We were suppose to be groomsmen in a wedding a few years back, but he was a no show. Hoping to let the past stay there and it can be water under the bridge because I do miss him despite his flaws. 

40 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Had to put on Maneater after reading this. These guys were so, so good.

Did you know there's a hotline you can call that will play you a few of their songs with really shitty audio? 

https://www.npr.org/2011/12/21/144069758/callin-oates-the-hotline-you-dont-need-but-might-call-anyway

27 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Saw them in Detroit in 1976, iirc. Fabulous concert in a small venue.

Now I’m sad.

Back when a bird was young. I'm sure it was a great show.

Have you ever watched the movie Detroit Rock City? 

Can anyone explain taylor swift? I don't dislike her, she seems pretty cool.

But it seems like she is on a fame level with Jackson, Madonna, Beyonce etc without having released any songs I've heard of (I can name one).

This isn't just me being old, I can name songs by her contemporaries, even ones who I don't really like the style of music. 

13 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

But it seems like she is on a fame level with Jackson, Madonna, Beyonce etc without having released any songs I've heard of (I can name one).

This isn't just me being old, I can name songs by her contemporaries, even ones who I don't really like the style of music. 

I remember her early Country songs when I was back in high school.

She evolved into Pop Music to keep up with the times.

I still enjoy many of her songs. 

To answer your question, can I explain her?

Absolutely no.

Edited by A True Kaniggit

27 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Nope, never heard of it.

Do me a favor, watch it and report back in the proper thread. It's a stupid, but great stoner film set in the 70's about a group of HS guys trying to get KISS tickets. 

10 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Trust me, you're not alone. 

2 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Thanks @BigFatCoward

I’m now jamming to Taylor Swift songs as I prepare for Thanksgiving tomorrow. 

So how does that work? Do they cook you for 4 or 6 hours? Maybe with a bit of Cajun seasoning? I hear penguin goes great with mashed potatoes and gravy, some bread rolls, fruit and pie. If you're a fancy bird bring over a charcuterie board before they fry you up.